Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My soldier just bit a weremonkey.  (Read 7504 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: My soldier just bit a weremonkey.
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 01:18:28 pm »

You don't even become a vampire from biting vampires. So go crazy

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 02:05:06 pm »

Only way to spread werecurses currently are the werebeast bite attack.

shrike.ex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 04:34:58 pm »

Clearly this is a bug and should be fixed at the earliest possible opportunity. That, or dwarf bites should infect others with a chronic need for alcohol and an unhealthy fascination with magma.

adasdad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2012, 04:35:53 pm »

in soviet fortress, you bite werecreatures!
There are no words to describe my state of euphoria right now...
euphoric?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2012, 04:37:21 pm »

Clearly this is a bug and should be fixed at the earliest possible opportunity. That, or dwarf bites should infect others with a chronic need for alcohol and an unhealthy fascination with magma.
It's a curse not a pathogen. What would be interesting would be different mediums of curse spreading. Like line of sight based curses.

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 04:51:26 pm »

It's a curse not a pathogen. What would be interesting would be different mediums of curse spreading. Like line of sight based curses.

That... would be AWESOME!!! Only problem is that the fort would immediatly crumble on a full moon since everyone likely saw the werebeast, meaning you wouldn't get to watch the ensuing sh*tstorm.
Shit! He's flatlining! Quick, get the Doctor in!

Doctor: Nah, I'm on break.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 06:09:58 pm »

That... would be AWESOME!!! Only problem is that the fort would immediatly crumble on a full moon since everyone likely saw the werebeast, meaning you wouldn't get to watch the ensuing sh*tstorm.
Nah. From everything I've seen, Dwarves in were-creature form still appear to be a part of the civ. So it's very likely this wouldn't happen. Then again, they're also treated as berserk, so you never know.

Though really, that would be husk levels of fun. A literal doom clock.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012, 01:29:58 am »

Even if he turns into a weremonkey you can just lock him inside a drawbridge room until he turns back.
It's not that hard, just keep track when full moon happens, and order him into a burrow with foods and beds and lock him up.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2012, 07:16:14 am »

idk about weremonster surses, but something like instant petrification curse from looking at some horrible monster should certainly make it into the game.
Just imagine an FB turning dwarves to stone statues by merely showing them itself!

Vinedragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 07:22:17 am »

idk about weremonster surses, but something like instant petrification curse from looking at some horrible monster should certainly make it into the game.
Just imagine an FB turning dwarves to stone statues by merely showing them itself!

Finally, a purpose for my blinded soldier squad!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 07:41:04 am »

SCP-173 style fortress killin.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 [2]