Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Im out of ideas.  (Read 4359 times)

Kibstable

• Bay Watcher
  • We didn't start the fire...
    • View Profile
Re: Im out of ideas.
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 03:58:43 am »

Ooh! Ooh! Seaside embark resort   -  A whole theme park, lots of rides. Every stock pile has to be accessed by winding staircases into the sky or a rolercoaster minecart track. Preferably, crossing over eachother.

Entry to this theme park should require payment of some sort, and participation is to be encouraged. Goblins wanting a ride should get one, but they will have to pay for it ;)

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 04:50:00 am »

I am playing a special game now, perhaps it would interest you.

Make a worldgen where there is no dwarf left (unless abduction). NO DWARF CIVILIZATION LEFT. And make sure elves or goblins are still at war with the dwarf civilisation you begin with.

And like me, embark near the elves with whom you are at war and also near goblins to increase the !!fun!! aspect.

And like me, forbid yourself the use of magma.

foop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 07:52:32 am »

Tried a zero point embark?  It's easier now you can make wooden axes but can still be challenging in embark areas with few or no trees.

The "spend all your embark points on cats" alternative is also interesting, although more suitable for masochists.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2012, 08:03:42 am »

Start with nothing but your wagon
Make a carpenter workshop and make an axe, make more wood, last until the caravan comes.
( try it  in an evil biohome)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 02:07:30 am »

A 0 point embark :O thats awesome. Trying that next!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kar98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 05:43:32 am »

A no tunneling embark is also quite fun. Only dig for rock and it has to be open cut

luppolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 06:13:21 am »

How about a no-magma challenge? Not just no Boatmurdered-style doomsday weapons, no magma for anything.

what's the challenge in no magma?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012, 08:36:32 am »

Assuming you're using your smelters as much as you would normally, logistics and defense (if you impose a 'no tree farm' requirement) make some challenge. Above ground, you can set up a network of tracks to get all the cut wood below ground ASAP, and the caverns can either be walled off immediately or aggressively defended.

I walled off the first layer of a 4x3 embark. It took a little under a year to build the first layer of walls, then another to get the walls up to the ceiling. Now I'm trying to kill the pond grabbers so I get more interesting animals. I have one giant olm and one cave croc, but I'd like another cave croc at least. Maybe I'll hijack a reaction I'm not using so I can make crocodile leather. I didn't even add any dummy reactions to the raws this time. :/
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 [2]