Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Youtube freezing and no sounds from online...?  (Read 1468 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Youtube freezing and no sounds from online...?
« on: June 23, 2012, 11:02:25 am »

So I understand youtube uses other programs like adobe and flash that need updated occasionally, fine.

Every time I try to play something on youtube lately there is no sound and/or it freezes. It isn't that "this sound was copyright material," thing where they disable it either. Moreover, there are no prompts saying I should update anything. It appears to be sound coming from internet applications like from Firefox that are effected. The sound on other parts of my computer is doing just fine (windows media player, etc).

As always, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yours truly
Truean
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Youtube freezing and no sounds from online...?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 11:08:37 am »

Sorry, nevermind. I found the problem.

I'm using a third party software to calculate child support payments past due. It tries to force priority and somehow keeps adobe flash player from working properly. I don't know the mechanics, but when I end process on this program, youtube etc works just fine.

Still appreciated though.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.