Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Windows 7 Freezing at Start-Up Even in Safe Mode  (Read 25707 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 7 Freezing at Start-Up Even in Safe Mode
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 09:18:42 am »

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 09:30:20 pm »

My BIOS must be newer or older than that because I can't seem to find that option anywhere. There's no "SATA Mode" setting that I can change, at least not that easily.

Bios Version: BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 05/24/2006
It looks like this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AW5HikAS_zY/T7kAXfIJTSI/AAAAAAAAAEU/rF8vV1Qr2ys/s1600/phoenix_bios.jpg

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186098&fb_source=message

I'm going to try your drivers tonight. I'm not sure how I could change the bus settings though :(.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 09:41:01 pm by xDarkz »

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 01:38:23 am »

I apologize for double posting but I just wanted to clarify something.

Could it be that my SSD has simply died? I popped it into my brother's laptop and my friend did the same in his MacBook, but neither were able to install an OS of any kind. It detects the drive in the BIOS for all the different setups, but it fails to detect the drive when faced with OS installation / Bootable Partition Managers / DBAN (Boot and Nuke). Between the incredibly long boot up and load times, I'm wondering if it could have just flat out died on me.

I replaced it with a regular HDD and everything went through. Just thought I might throw that out in case any of you guys can confirm or deny it.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2012, 11:57:39 am »

I apologize for double posting but I just wanted to clarify something.

Could it be that my SSD has simply died? I popped it into my brother's laptop and my friend did the same in his MacBook, but neither were able to install an OS of any kind. It detects the drive in the BIOS for all the different setups, but it fails to detect the drive when faced with OS installation / Bootable Partition Managers / DBAN (Boot and Nuke). Between the incredibly long boot up and load times, I'm wondering if it could have just flat out died on me.

I replaced it with a regular HDD and everything went through. Just thought I might throw that out in case any of you guys can confirm or deny it.
yea sounds like a toasted controller that sucks
Pages: 1 [2]