Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

X-Com: The Two Sides [Human Thread] /3.0\

(1/8) > >>

Orb:
Spoiler: Intro (click to show/hide)

Welcome soldiers. We are facing a new enemy.

'Alien's as they have been coined, have come from outer space to enslave mankind. You have been enlisted to fight this unknown menace.

Those of you that use your brains, will live to become heroes of mankind.

Those of you that don't, will DIE.

Any Questions? No? Good. Suit up and head out. And stop crying please.

Sorry. I just played Psychonauts recently and I just had to incorporate it somehow.

Spoiler: Pre-Update (click to show/hide)

Since Burnt Pies who I have verified is indeed a female and will be doing her own LP had some time today, we started up our bases. We'll also likely be playing an update later today.

I preemptively chose NW Africa. Why? Because I've learned that getting your skyranger from Point A to Point B is a lot more important than scan radius. I'm not far away from the Americas, and have close access to Africa and Europe. I can also scan two regions, Europe and N. Africa, so its still a fairly good position. Only thing that got the backburner was Australia, but its too isolated to do much with anyway. Australians just haaad to break away from the main continent.

This is our base set up. Notice how I packed all my buildings together? That's so I have room to add on hangers, if I decide to do so. (By end game I'll usually have two more). I assume most of you have knowledge of how humans work, so I won't go into detail unless asked to.

I grab motion sensors for research. They are my favorite equipment to use.

Here's a list of my purchases and selling...and so on.

Sold Heavy Cannon/Autocannon. Never use 'em.

Bought Avalanch Missile Launchers, some proxies, some grenades, more small rockets for the rocket launcher, two snipers, a cannon tank, electroflares, several high explosives for breaching UFOs, a couple medkits, and about 23 scientists. Everything I need for the first missions.

Also to note is that I don't like being 'gamey' with this. It ruins some of the fun. I have 3-4 dedicated medics and several motion sensor scouts. Yes, while I could pack on med kits on everyone along with motion sensors...that's just not fun.

Finely, our soldier selection. I'll put that in a separate spoiler. People who claimed first get first dibs.

Frosty, the Engineer, will, unfortunately, not be building tanks for a while, since tanks are purchased as of right now.
Spoiler: Soldier Selection (click to show/hide)Unfortunately, equipment selection will be very limited. My snipers are highest FA. My grenade/scout/pistol users are high TA. I'll sometimes check PE and TU. Rocket Guy goes to the one with the highest FA, but at the same time has enough strength to hold 3 small rockets in his backpack.

Everyone else gets rifles.

People who lose their soldier go at the bottom of the order.

The order of claiming:

1. Euchre Jack
2. NRDL
3. Shadowgander

Current Soldiers: (This will rarely get updated)

I plan to stick with this image size, so sorry for those of you with smaller monitor sizes. Try increasing your resolution temporarily.

frostshotgg:
It's Frosty, not Freshy. >:I

Anyways, why do you set your base up like that? Won't aliens get all up in your shit if you have so many access points to the hangars?

Orb:

--- Quote from: frostshotgg on June 19, 2012, 02:26:14 pm ---It's Frosty, not Freshy. >:I
--- End quote ---

Fixed. I knew I'd screw up something. Expect future mistakes of similar caliber.

--- Quote ---Anyways, why do you set your base up like that? Won't aliens get all up in your shit if you have so many access points to the hangars?

--- End quote ---

Perhaps. However, aliens will have to go in more different ways, spreading out their troops further. Having more entries is both an advantage and disadvantage for the aliens, if I assume you're referring to the higher hanger count.

Base assaults won't come for a long time, and if they do happen, I'm probably dead anyway. The extra hangers are well worth it, imo, because I can keep my elerium and missiles all in one place. If a misc. base gets sniped, I won't lose the fighter craft also, which are very valuable.

frostshotgg:
Well, no. In XCOM, when you build a base, the only thing you want touching a hangar is another hangar and then the access tunnel. The only thing connecting to your main complex should be the access hangar, that way you have a chokepoint you can set up all your guys and tanks at and then just kill aliens with tons of proxy nades and reaction fire.

Orb:

--- Quote from: frostshotgg on June 19, 2012, 03:00:33 pm ---Well, no. In XCOM, when you build a base, the only thing you want touching a hangar is another hangar and then the access tunnel. The only thing connecting to your main complex should be the access hangar, that way you have a chokepoint you can set up all your guys and tanks at and then just kill aliens with tons of proxy nades and reaction fire.

--- End quote ---

Interesting thought. Though, in TTS all slots not occupied by a building still have pathways through them. Also, most of those buildings I can't choose the location of initially.

So, they could go out any side of the hanger and just come around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version