Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: X-Com: The Two Sides [ALIEN Thread] /3.0\  (Read 759 times)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
X-Com: The Two Sides [ALIEN Thread] /3.0\
« on: June 19, 2012, 03:23:21 pm »

This is the other side of the Orb-BurP TTS game. It'll probably move a lot slower than the last one; my schedule is much more full. Feel free to claim ships, I'll try to remember to give updates on what they're doing.

I got a message from high command yesterday. Cydonia post has reported rapid technological advancement from the indigenous lifeforms of Sol 3, almost to the level where they'd be able to fight off our forces. We've been dispatched to the miserable rock to take control of their society and stop their advancement before they can become a threat.

Cydonia post seems to have been slacking; they've only researched atmospheric adaptations for our Small and Medium scout craft, the Plasma Pistol and our cloned Sectoids. Without a Destroyer full of Mutons, at the very least, how am I supposed to impress upon the primitives just how far we outclass them? I suspect we'll have to lay low and research the modifications ourselves. Still, Cydonia says they've not even discovered rudimentary firearms yet, so it's just a bit of added time. We've taken Cydonia's research base on the western coast of the 'Land of Dust', or what the locals call Africa. Apparently they named it after some sort of wind spirit the natives worship.
Spoiler: Interior of the base (click to show/hide)
I'll be rearranging it soon; Automated workshops near the entrances to slow down any invaders, and as soon as we've made the necessary adjustments we'll have Large ship construction tools brought over. We probably don't need it, but I didn't get where I am today by not taking precautions.

We only have 5 craft currently available; 3 Small Scouts and 2 Medium. I've ordered another Small and two more Mediums built, as we will need more of both if we're going to do this in a sensible period of time. Small Scouts can only research areas; gaining us understanding of the patterns of the natives and wildlife, and thus making our missions much more efficient. Mediums can harvest wildlife and abduct natives, gaining us food and insight into how to adapt our technologies, respectively.
Spoiler: Build Orders (click to show/hide)
I've dispatched the small scouts to 'South America' to observe the natives, while the Mediums operate closer to home in 'North Africa'.
I leave you with a rundown of the current statistics of the base.
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator