Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Kobolds be able to dig everything?

Yes, but have Indigo's SCIENCE encourage suface living
- 8 (22.2%)
Yes, but they can't learn mining. Kobolds live in caves why should they be affected.
- 13 (36.1%)
No, They only have Shovels. So soil is good enough, embark on a cave or old fortress.
- 15 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: July 05, 2012, 12:32:52 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: [Kobold Camp 2012] Head for Lago's Thread, it's more updated  (Read 13849 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Current Download
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6566

This is a direct text dump from the thread that this one is succeeding here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=70558.0

You should goto Lagos's Thread above, as his has been farther updated then mine. And includes most of my changes. So features in 34.11 can be used. Also the fix for the nakedness issue.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:26:58 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp Version 1.5 for DF 34.11 in progress
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 05:12:16 pm »

*Pokes with bluemetal spear*

Wooooooooooooooooork.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 06:36:09 pm »

There aren't *that* many differences. >_>

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 07:15:07 pm »

True Putnam, but When I merged KC with Regen quite a few ractions and buildings did the same thing. So I had to merge them, which in turn I lost track. Plus there are ways I can make KC require alot less work (such as just dropping UNDIGGABLE on the STONE_TEMPLATE and making soils use a new template.

So really I'm at a loss, and to me it is easier to just to start from scratch rather then undo some of my changes and at the same time merge them. When I can just start over so I know what i'm doing.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 09:33:45 pm »

Soils are already their own template...?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 09:35:46 pm »

Soils are already their own template...?
Bloody hell yes! Sorry I don't dive into inorganic layers too often, too busy with interactions, creatures, reactions, materials, tissues, and some times enitites.

EDIT:
Made all stone Undiggable
and added in Koboldy Items

Working on bringing buildings and the reactions over, and making sure it all works. The Entity might be a pain, cause there could be alot of missing things when I port it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:24:15 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 12:44:23 am »

IIRC the main differences between 31.04 and 34.11 (raw-wise) are minecarts, wheelbarrows, interactions, bees, and eggs.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 12:45:21 am »

Copper, gold, and silver should be diggable IMHO. They are found in the soil layers.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 01:08:35 am »

IIRC the main differences between 31.04 and 34.11 (raw-wise) are minecarts, wheelbarrows, interactions, bees, and eggs.
I got the Minecarts, and Wheelbarrows (Wagons (Track) and hand-carts) I'm just inserting this stuff into a fresh 34.11 raws.

Copper, gold, and silver should be diggable IMHO. They are found in the soil layers.
Well I have reactions in which you can take metal weapons and armor, break them down. And make crude metal from that. to make crude metal weapons and armor.

I can tell those mentioned metals use the SOIL_TEMPLATE and add IS_STONE of course I will be looking closer at STONE and SOIL templates to make sure there won't be any oddies. If anything it might make digging those metals faster.

Also shoes (ankle bands) and shirts (necklaces) have been added to kobolds for the "bad thought" reduction issue. A new shield (blocking bracer) altho I removed a few weapons and added a "club" mace weapon. Of course if there is a general desire for all base weapons for bolds I can add them in.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 06:05:45 am »

Obsidian should be diggable, and wasn't it originally so in Kobold Camp? I remember making obsidian shortswords.
Anyway, good luck OP and I'm looking forward to completion! Been aching for some kobold camp but I couldn't bear to go back to an older version of the game.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 07:17:25 am »

Also shoes (ankle bands) and shirts (necklaces) have been added to kobolds for the "bad thought" reduction issue. A new shield (blocking bracer) altho I removed a few weapons and added a "club" mace weapon. Of course if there is a general desire for all base weapons for bolds I can add them in.
Yay, I love flavored items such as this, it just adds to the experience.
Will you be using tilesets for this? How much of your own content do you plan on adding?
I can't remember if original KC had this, but how about slingshots? Taking wood, leather and rope of some kind, they throw bullets made of stone or somesuch, fairly more powerful then the throwing gloves, but do not deal the piercing damage javelins do?
As for more base weapons, pointy stick for spears, !long! pointy stick for pikes, sharpened stone/chunk of wood? for knives and swords, and primitive stone axes and hammers, of course made in the totally effective manner of smashing two rocks together until something resembling a sword, club or what have you is made, then that can be used by the same workshop it was made in to chip away (most)imperfections, creating a usable, but less then ideal weapon.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 02:50:18 pm »

Hmm...
I have slings, but not sling shots. I'm hesitent to add because stone ammo doesn't stockpile, and won't be used unless you force dump it on the pile. I could make a new metal called "stone" so it gets stockpiled so "stone pebbles"

Slings are still out at this moment due to "ammo"

Also kobolds use machetes for short swords, and spear throwers come with a machete for close combat

I am also trying to setup how to merge my "skull helm" idea in, Probally make the reaction take totems to make the helms.

Of course KC kobolds and the entity are simple to rip over, so I'm not concerned about any of that, Just the permitted reactions. but that is not much of a issue either.

Also Obsidian, I can make diggable too but... if you find a place that has Obsidian as layers then you can basically *dig* anywhere you want and live like a dwarf :/
But what I could do is make a workshop, that requires magma to be built. And has a reaction to take a bucket of water and make a obsidian boulder. So kobolds living on a volcano can get obsidian.

also I will keep those suggested weapons in mind :P
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 02:53:49 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 08:52:00 pm »

After reading that post, I only imagine Kobolds doing a tribal war dance around the rim of a volcano, with a random buzzard causing one to dodge into it.
o_o

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 09:06:31 pm »

After reading that post, I only imagine Kobolds doing a tribal war dance around the rim of a volcano, with a random buzzard causing one to dodge into it.
o_o

One word. YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!  :D :D :D
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 09:57:45 pm »

I'll try to go over the basic list of weapon types and what I think kobolds should have for them.

Digging--Shovels. Duh
Woodcutting/Limb Severing--Hatchets.
Stabbing--Spikes/Stakes, Daggers (wrong category?). Daggers should be createable directly from enemy swords and spears and such, and should be the non-crude version of the weapon. As non-kobold-specific weapons should be unuseable by kobolds, this will make daggers very useful, even though you can't make them out of wood.
Combo-Sharp--Daggers. See above. Maybe add some kind of small, swordlike weapon?
Armor-piercing--Clubs. They should have a big head, fairly small contact area, and high velocity multiplier so that even wooden ones are good vs. armor.
Projectile--Atlatls (or spearthrowers, for a non-aztecey feel). Kobolds should also be able to steal bows and make arrows.

Weird*--War-Totems. They'd be a bit harder to make (requiring a special workshop to transform totems into war-totems and perhaps having a chance to produce a syndromey gas mentioned below) but once you do you can have a shaman "chant" or something to summon some charges for the totems, with a chance of producing a strange gas that renders the shaman injured and tired in its wake. The charges would be an ammo type called "charge," with a material called "magical" that has 0 material_value (to prevent trade spam). Totems would be weaker than atlatls, but would have cheaper ammo. Their attacks in melee would use the hammer or mace skill, as opposed to the atlatls's sword- or knifebold skill.
Cheap--Some sort of wooden weapon, like a small stake. Uses the knife skill.
Expensive**--Maybe daggers, since they require you to break down enemy weapons to make, but more interesting is some kind of reverse-engineered crossbow (termed the "crude crossbow" for now). The crude crossbow would be tough to make. The first step would be to break down enemy crossbows, creating "crossbow parts" (tools?) and possibly crossbow plans. Using the crossbow plans (which might be preserved, or might be consumed 1-5% of the time), a bowyer/mechanic in a custom workshop could make a crude crossbow from crossbow parts; using the plans with no chance of destruction, s/he could also make wooden crossbow parts or bolts. Maybe some kind of upgraded war-totem (requiring some kind of sacrifice of wood, food, or blood?), capable of being used to summon "powerful magic" charges, would be neat.
*Like whips.
**No precedent in vanilla, but plenty in mods.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6