Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Succession game save problem with graphics  (Read 686 times)

leaphion

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Succession game save problem with graphics
« on: November 28, 2012, 07:44:51 am »

Straight up, sorry if this is the wrong board for this kinda question. Just thought that people reading this section would know more about the succession game saves.

So, I decided to try a succession game with my friends.

My friend started the game on Windows and zipped his whole game folder to me. I took the save folder (region1) and managed to get it working on my Ubuntu 12.04.

The problem here seems to be that the graphics seem to be quite messed up. I mean, there are several objects that have way wrong graphic assets in use than what they would have in a game that I started. I managed to get the dwarves, animals and such look how they should, as the assets were in the "/save/region1/raw/graphics/", but it seems that the assets in "/data/art/" aren't behaving like they should.

Is there anything that I could do to get them working as they should?

The graphics pack I'm trying to get to work is Ironhand Graphics Pack, and both games (my friend's Windows version and my Ubuntu version) are v34.11.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: Succession game save problem with graphics
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 08:32:50 am »

Yeah, it happens, and it's the correct choice for the board. "Community Games & Stories" I guess kind of implies that this would be a good board to ask a succession game-related question.

Is the game modded? If so, that'll be a little trickier.

Graphics Packs actually do more than simple tilesets do. Tilesets only edit the regular tiles you see. Graphics packs change a lot, and can go as far as changing the tiles for the stone types.

What you need to do is replace the raws in the data/save/regionX/raw/objects folder with Ironhand's default raws. Do the same for data/save/region1/raw/graphics, too. After that, I think you also need to replace d_init.txt and init.txt, which are located in /data/init/. Once all that's done, it SHOULD work. But be careful with data/save/region1/raw/graphics/. You'll need to delete everything that's in there (to be safe), and then copy everything out of Ironhand's default data/save/region1/raw/graphics/ folder and paste.

You could also use the lazy newb pack (which, as I recall, has Ironhand, as well as an auto-convert tool), but I'm not sure of how accurate it is.

If the game is modded, it's a bit more difficult. Replacing files can ruin the modded ones, if any default raw *.txt's were modified.

Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand