Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: For Glory and Adamantine: Steelbeard II (34.11) OVERSEER LOTTO ACTIVE  (Read 22274 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: For Glory and Adamantine: Steelbeard II (34.11) NEED ACTIVE OVERSEERS
« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2012, 07:51:12 pm »

The Journal of Xvareon

7th Moonstone, 105, Early Winter

The moody mason has finished his work... this.... this...

Surely this is a vessel fit for Armok himself! Poets and bards shall sing of this glorious grail for years to come! Already the halls are filled with anxious chatter and desire to be the first to drink from it. The maker, one Kogan Mengaved (Lashedclobber) by name, is strutting about the place as though he were a king; we can hardly blame him, for very few Dwarves can claim to have produced something of such caliber, and they have already gone to Armok's side as legends. That we can boast to have such an individual... As Amostsherik himself may take interest in us.

Encouraged by this event, I have decided to take a little artistic tour of the various engravings made by our absurdly talented stone detailer, Muthkat Olonoltar (Gearedgild). She has done an outstanding job turning bare rock floors and walls into gorgeous mosaics and smooth, beautiful pathways, and her ability to recreate historic events with near-perfect detail is impeccable. She does, however, have a streak of randomness in her and little patience for sticking to tradition. It hasn't caused any serious problems yet, but I don't know how much longer I can keep peoples attention away from the gruesome displays of cyclopes tearing ears off of various creatures. Here is a few of my favorites.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2012, 09:34:11 pm »

The Journal of Xvareon

11th Opal, 105, Mid-Winter

ANOTHER strange mood? So soon? And this one is using a base of adamantine as well -- the processed metal now! Shame that it was a metalcrafter instead of an armorsmith or weaponsmith, but we're definitely going to end up with another impressive artifact. I hope it's a statue of me, we could use a good one to put our adamantine on proper display. Anything he makes, though, should be more than worth the precious metal (and the priceless amethysts and silk) he is using for it. In other news we officially have roughly eight good soldiers, all completely decked out in glorious adamantine armor and with the finest weapons ever forged in Steelbeard.

I've decided to test them out by ordering the execution of some of these Goblin prisoners of war. This is the bloody result. I also inserted a brief look at the Elite housing block setup.

Also, here is a rough sketch of the tombs level for our heroes. Our engraver was thrilled to death (pun intended) at the prospect of detailing the entire layer by herself. One things for sure, I won't have to worry about the residents not caring for her sense of style; may Armok forgive any slight toward the dead.

Wait, wait... I am now hearing that the artifact has been completed... WOW!

It's like we're on the road to making some kind of adamantine royal vestments! Keep it up, guys!

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2012, 10:03:35 pm »

22nd Opal, 105, Mid-Winter

"...So I presume, then, that you didn't come to talk to me about trade agreements?" Xvareon said pleasantly. The diplomat from the Mountainhomes had come to see him in person once the trading was completed, so they had taken seats in private within his own office. The walls and floors were hand-engraved with various patterns and mosaics, and a luscious looking assortment of cheeses and sweetmeats sat on the table. Hardly a better place could be found in the fort for a meeting.
"No," the Liaison said with a chuckle. "I've already cleared everything in regards to trade with the Mayor. I'm here about something far, far more important than bins of leather and barrels of food... indeed maybe even more important than adamantine."
"Still your tongue," the Overseer told him with a smile. "what could be more important than a whole battalion of soldiers armed with the god-metal?"
He laughed, and helped himself to one of the +dwarven syrup biscuits+. "Indeed... with this find, we should very easily be able to drive the Goblin scourge under the ground for good."
"We will go further than that," Xvareon said pointedly. "this 'find' as you put it could set us up perfectly to dominate the entire region."
"You're quite right, actually," the Liaison replied. "the King himself has taken personal interest in this expedition. It has been very prosperous and forthcoming, sturdy yet beautiful..."
Mouth slightly agape, Xvareon fell back in his chair, stared at him for a few seconds, then took a few swallows of his ale to calm himself. "So... we're finally it, hmm? S*** just got real?"
"Yes." the man responded; his next words were said with as much dramatic effect as possible. "You are going.. to become the new Mountainhome. The very Capital of Minkot Istrath. And the seat of power... for our entire civilization."

« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 10:05:08 pm by Xvareon »

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 26, 2012, 12:10:13 am »

The Journal of Xvareon

1st Granite, 106, Early Spring

Spring has arrived, bringing with it the closing of my term as overseer of Steelbeard. I harbor no resentment for it; I have accomplished much in my time here, and fully utilized all the available resources at my disposal to produce this end result. I am content. Now it is time for the next overseer to try his/her hand at this. I will retire for now, and watch from the shadows as this Fortress grows into a mighty bastion of Dwarven ingenuity, pride and spirit. Perhaps I shall have time to study the meaning of the curious symbols within my book, as well... but that is neither here nor there. Will I ever return to govern Steelbeard once more? That remains to be seen. If they require my services again, then perhaps; but for now, I have given them the best I could in the time I was allowed, and that's as much as anyone can say at the end of the day. So, without further ado, I shall close this chapter of history. This year, we begin anew.

---------------

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here is the save for the next Overseer. Good luck! Also, I don't think I want to do this anymore... it took me a whole week of hard time finishing this up, and now it's kind of getting into the 'too easy' stage of things. Don't think I'd have the energy to go through all that again, so please strike my name off the list as 'left voluntarily' or whatever. Thank you for your time and patience, I hope I did good enough for you guys. Looking forward to see where the Fortress goes!
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6711

« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 12:59:30 am by Xvareon »

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 26, 2012, 12:14:59 am »

Oh, want me to strike you off as a Marksdwarf, then?

Sure. Next overseer, make me a Marksdwarf!

Now that's one badass dwarf taking on a bronze colossus himself. Nice tomb and throne by the way. Just hope the fort's history wouldn't be flooded with pages of masterwork engravings being made, like what happened to a previous fort of mine when I got to overzealous...

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 26, 2012, 12:31:25 am »

You already ARE a Marksdwarf, genius. :P
You shot a goblin in the heart on your first try.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 26, 2012, 04:24:10 am »

Sent a PM to the next guy. I'll also upload a map shortly.
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 26, 2012, 07:22:14 am »

Oh nice. Ignore my tiny tantrums.  :P

I would at least like to get a look on his (her?) personality.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 26, 2012, 10:24:37 am »

Here ya go. I gave you the Lieutenant. Accidentally deleted that title looking for a way to make her name Crimson, apparently.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 26, 2012, 12:29:44 pm »

Raul cancelled. Zombi's up.

TokimiDwarfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 26, 2012, 02:42:42 pm »

:3 hows it going for finding one for me?

Monster10

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Remember, I'm Only partially insane...
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 30, 2012, 02:37:38 am »

the writing I've seen in this thread is incredible.

Dorf me as a military dwarf, preferably male.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 30, 2012, 10:40:49 am »

Zombi's absent yet again.

From now on, I think I'll choose Overseers Bronzestabbed-style: getting bids for overseers then randomly selecting one to lead the immediate next turn. The ones who don't get chosen are free to resubmit bids for the next cycle.

Teh_Duke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: For Glory and Adamantine: Steelbeard II (34.11) OVERSEER LOTTO ACTIVE
« Reply #148 on: August 09, 2012, 02:17:54 pm »

that must be one pricy bracelet.

I would like to throw my hat into the ring and make a bit for overseer please.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: For Glory and Adamantine: Steelbeard II (34.11) OVERSEER LOTTO ACTIVE
« Reply #149 on: August 10, 2012, 12:26:44 am »

that must be one pricy bracelet.

I would like to throw my hat into the ring and make a bit for overseer please.

You've got the job.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11