Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: For Glory and Adamantine: Steelbeard II (34.11) OVERSEER LOTTO ACTIVE  (Read 22268 times)

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile

For Glory and Adamantine: Steelbeard II

Xah Tadin
"The Dimensions of Enchanting"

This is a succession game for writers, the goal of which is to create a nice little narrative.

Rules are simple: A turn is 1 year, spring to spring. Overseers should take no more than 1 week real time to finish a turn. If you decide to end your turn early, the overseer after you plays the remainder of your turn plus his full year.

I am going with my standard rollout: 2 miners(I'll play as one), 1 trader, 1 woodcutter, 1 mason, 1 craftsdwarf, 1 farmer.

Spoiler: Overseer History (click to show/hide)

The overseer will be chosen Bronzestabbed-style: At the end of the turn, everyone interested submits bids. One player is randomly chosen to be the next Overseer. This makes it so that the next overseer will always be available to play.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 10:44:17 am by aussieevil »
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to be dwarfed as be the trader.

-IT BETTER BE A MALE.-
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile

Dorf me as the mason and toss me on the turn list.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to be dwarfed as be the trader.

-IT BETTER BE A MALE.-

Did you want a turn too?

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, forgot to mention: If this goes on long enough and I can find web hosting, I'll turn this into an archive-style series of web pages or a PDF.

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would definitely be interested :) I'm not a newb, but I am not a pro either. I would like to come in to this game :)
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment
And so, in a thread about cointainers with usele

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

as to the archive, with so many different players, what we could do is when one fortress becomes the victim of "fun", the surviving overseers could move to a new site in the same world, and we could perhaps come back to try to reclaim fortresses on down the line.
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

as to the archive, with so many different players, what we could do is when one fortress becomes the victim of "fun", the surviving overseers could move to a new site in the same world, and we could perhaps come back to try to reclaim fortresses on down the line.

Excellent idea.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

That world looks like it was victim to a global warming. I may toss my hat into the ring once a soldierdorf pops up.

DrunkenCaveOgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarf me as the farmer and add me on the turn list as well. I'll take a crack at it

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would like to take on the identity of the first crafts dwarf. As crafting and selling crafts is my specialty, I will use it as part of my year's run down.

In other news, my own fortress of Thumolin has seen two years of silence from the goblins. my general is getting antsy that they are planning an even larger assault. Time to go back to drafting some military dwarves again. lol

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Excellent idea.

I might know a website that will do a good job of working as a host for free. I saw it a few months ago whilst stumbling around the internet. Will do some research :)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile

Any idea when you'll be starting the game, out of curiosity?

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any idea when you'll be starting the game, out of curiosity?
In a few hours.

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

what does the embark location have on the screen?

That would be useful to know for us to plan our own strategies. Of course, if we are to find out through the narrative, that is ok :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11