Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to retrieve dwarf corpses from stockpiled cages?  (Read 985 times)

agvkrioni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to retrieve dwarf corpses from stockpiled cages?
« on: June 26, 2012, 05:33:55 pm »

I have cage traps in my fort. I finally contained a massive depression/insanity spiral where a bunch of dwarfs went aggro and then got caught in cages. They all died of dehydration in the animal stockpile but now I can't get their bodies out of the cages to bury them. I've tried to 'claim' the cages and I tried to build them. But to build them, I press 'x' to view cages and none are shown to be full. But when I press 'k' to look at the ground where the corpses/cages are, I only see the cage listed, not the corpse and the cage, telling me that the corpse is physically inside the cage.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to retrieve dwarf corpses from stockpiled cages?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 05:40:45 pm »

Same as stripping prisoners for mass pitting. d-b-c and d-b-d to claim and dump everything on the tile, then 'k' look at the cage and d remove the dump designation so they only take out the items inside. Since corpses are items, they'll be removed too. Don't forget to reclaim them from the garbage dump.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

agvkrioni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 05:57:46 pm »

When I designate to dump the entire cage itself is marked to be dumped, I assume from the stockpile to a dumping zone. Does that mean it will still be emptied too?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 06:05:27 pm »

no, they'll take the cage there and won't be able to get the corpse out. Follow the instructions. On the other hand, if you can look inside the cage and select the corpse, view it and select it for dumping, that might work too
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

agvkrioni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 06:30:18 pm »

Thank you.