Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Unfortunate habits in Adv. Mode  (Read 10568 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Unfortunate habits in Adv. Mode
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2012, 12:12:56 pm »

My bad habit is in mod's with genitalia I always try to sneak up on a sleeping monarch, use an axe to remove his phallus and make a run for the next civ to rinse and repeat.

At one point my guy had the junk of an orc emperor, a human king and the left boob of a human queen ( I'm a sick person I know )

I too tend to collect genitalia of victims that get mutilated. But hey, at least they make decent throwing weapons. Perhaps in the future, opponents will react poorly and with disgust if you toss any old bodypart at them.

My worst habit is always trying to stuff my bag with anything remotely valuable. Gets way too heavy, and then I forget to remove it during combat.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2012, 12:24:11 pm »

If it's bag laden with heavy valuables, you should forgo traditional weapons and simply beat your enemies to death with your swag.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2012, 01:10:32 pm »

Well, the problem is that as long as the bag is on my person, wielded or not, it's slowing me to the point that the enemy will get ~200 swings in before I can even react, which means I die horribly.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2012, 01:14:49 pm »

hmm....... Throw it at them instead then.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2012, 01:29:12 pm »

I collect the heads of my enemies then starve myself until I'm hungry enough to extract their precious skulls.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2012, 05:25:00 pm »

who the hell puts coins in their quiver!?
Think about it, what pickpocket would look for coins in a quiver?

I spawn a minecart with an adventure mode reaction and put all of my starting equipment in it before rolling out to smite evildoers by launching myself and my gear at them in a wave of cloth and daggers.
..That's a bad habit, right?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2012, 05:47:07 pm »

who the hell puts coins in their quiver!?
Think about it, what pickpocket would look for coins in a quiver?
Breaking news!

My game is letting me stuff coins in any article of clothing, it seems. Seems to be a limited quantity, though.
I make Spellcrafts!

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2012, 07:10:20 pm »

I discovered a couple days ago that I can put stacks of coins inside of stacks of coins.

My unfortunate habit is walking through a door in a dungeon/sewer/catacomb and taking a crossbow bolt to the head before I ever see anyone there. It's my most common way to retire a character.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2012, 07:50:17 pm »

I discovered a couple days ago that I can put stacks of coins inside of stacks of coins.

My unfortunate habit is walking through a door in a dungeon/sewer/catacomb and taking a crossbow bolt to the head before I ever see anyone there. It's my most common way to retire a character.

But...
unless you are shooting yourself in the face, that information doesn't belong here!
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Xheia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2012, 09:15:29 pm »

I also have a bad habit with hoarding. I carry an extra backpack to store all my coins and other wealth stuff. At one point, I just dropped it off in some city's keep and started a new "wealth" backpack, and my speed rose by about 150.

I also have/had a bad habit of looking through every single chest and bag I could find in a dungeon, etc., even though I knew that I had great armor and weapons, and that wealth doesn't matter too much - When would you actually need to buy something in a shop?

By the way, tombs seem to have the best stuff, so it's most efficient to look there for equipment. Also "masters" and "elite" enemies also have the best stuff also.

I'm curious about the putting coins in clothes and other coins. It doesn't happen for me in .07. Is it a new bug/feature?

[Edit: I'm not sure how unfortunate this habit is, but I always take money-pouches and jewels when I find them. Also, I now try to carry around well-decorated earrings and rings and large gems as the best value per weight items I can find. I wear them all, which will become an unfortunate habit if an enemy cuts off my hands or ears...]
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 09:29:40 pm by Xheia »

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2012, 03:48:49 am »

I always thought that putting coins in clothes was a representation of pockets, since you can only put a few in there. Or maybe it's just a bug.

Putting coins in coins though... that's just odd. I wanted to put some small lead objects in my waterskin to see if it turns into the most dangerous sap/blackjack in the world.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2012, 09:41:40 pm »

Eating or drinking to fullness the moment it says hungry or thirsty. This isn't a problem until I need to wait someplace for a few days (fight werecreature forms, modded things, bandit leaders returning to hideout) and my speed plummets as I become strapped with immense fat and muscle. Afterwards though they can go non-lethally hungry for a long time without eating.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Alestom

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Scotsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2012, 10:25:09 pm »

I have a stupid tendancy to create a legendary weapon user, then decide that I will become a dwarven UFC fighter because my Fighter and Dodging is also legendary...... I will throw a leg kick and my leg will get chopped off :(
If I had my time again, I know Id be a fighting man

In far Malay or Vietnam, Though I am more a lover

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2012, 12:24:10 am »

Like many, I tend to hoard coins and do nothing with them to the point where they slow me down a bunch. If only shops were more useful...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2012, 10:43:01 am »

I carve a bone decoration for me and my weapon for EVERYTHING I kill. It makes killing SO tedious that I'm now a pacifist...with somewhere around 60000 fighter skill, of course. Can't be too sure.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5