Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29

Author Topic: You are an ancient alien  (Read 44730 times)

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are an ancient alien
« on: June 24, 2012, 10:44:39 am »

(Just to clear things up you are one of those creating aliens, you know like forunners in halo or Xel Naga in starcraft)

You wake to the sounds of soft humming, you have arrived a the system, now, where do you go?

First, what kind of race are you, you have five points to spend on these three cagagories, you may spend a maximin of three points on each
Guiders, basically psyonic abilities, allows you to controll your creations better and you can give them psychic powers
Crafters, this is how you can change the physical features of a race, ie you could give it claws or teath or make in able to breath under water
Teachers, this is your ability to share techology with other races and make them smarter

Next what do you look like? And whats your races name?

Finally you get to pick from these three planets to find creatures on, I don't have names for them sorry
A largely destert world with very strong, but dumb races on it
A largely forest world with lots of somewhat smart life on it as well as lots of posinous life
And finally a mostly aquatic world with lots of highly evolved psichic life on it

(If there are any detailes you don't undertand please tell me)
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: You are an ancient alien
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 02:47:15 pm »

We are the Ataqalääs, a naga-like race with pale blue humanoid (female-looking, we're hermaphrodits) torso, with two slender arms and four delicate tendrils growing from the back. Our long, dark blue to purple tail host more nervous tissue than muscle, making us very very intelligent.

>4 Crafters, 1 Guides.
>Forest world, named "Ëërëwë".

More details later.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 04:29:47 pm »

We are the Ataqalääs, a naga-like race with pale blue humanoid (female-looking, we're hermaphrodits) torso, with two slender arms and four delicate tendrils growing from the back. Our long, dark blue to purple tail host more nervous tissue than muscle, making us very very intelligent.

>4 Crafters, 1 Guides.

More details later.

This but 3 crafters and 2 guides
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 05:49:39 pm »

>3 crafters and 2 guides

More details later.

This
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
  • I appear then disappear without a trace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 06:12:01 pm »

>3 crafters and 2 guides

More details later.

This
+1
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:14:44 pm by WraithLord24 »
Im a Lurker I tend to disappear dont just assume im totally gone cause Ill then pop up at odd times.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 06:40:22 pm »

If anyone has any more suggestions please post them I've got to go to school and they completely block this program there.
Not that these aren't good ones
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 03:33:52 am »

I am glad that my half-asleep suggestion is this popular  :D
But I overread the "three point per skill max" part oh well ::) but it's fixed anyway.

More details on the Ataqalaas:

The sheer amount of nerves everywhere in the body make them extremely sensitive. The smallest papercut hurt like hell (especially when you have thin, smooth skin...). The Ataqalaas are therefore a pacific species, and they build nothing with angles. Everything is round and smooth (travelling on concrete would hurt them as much as nailplank)

This also work in the opposite way: every touch is pleasuring. Skin contact in public is stricly avoided because of this. They also never wear clothes because it's either painful or arousing, depending on the fabric's quality.

The four tendrils in the back, each 1.2x as long as an arm, are inherited from predatory ancestors, where they were spiked and used as defensive means. They later evolved to be used in courtship as well, and now they exclusively serve this purpose. Coloration, lenght, smoothness, curlyness and such are beauty indicator which sway back and forth with current fashion standards.

For the planet, I am aiming for a mainly swamp/rainforest/mountainous rainforest planet, with various other forests all over the place.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 03:36:55 am »

Just remember that your technology is increadable, so say clothes that float barley a milimetre away from you body, absolutely possible, anyway posting now
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 03:52:21 am »

You get up and move off towards the bridge a start to remember detailes, your ship, the _____ is on an experimental mission to produce a warrior race, another race had recently threatened your people and since Ataqalaas are pacifists, they had not the technology to fight them, while the mass production of drones allowed your people to eventualy defeat this enemy, the high council has orderd that we create a warrior race to fight battles for us, as the drones are expensive and most Ataqalaas dont like their factories to be making war machines when they could be producing faster scout vessels or new comfort devices. So you and your crew of three hundred have been sent, along with many other ships, to different placesin the universe so as to genetically engineer a race of warriors to mantain peace and protect your kind. Your thoughts are interrupted by a soft noise "We have arrived at Eerewe" you quicken your pace as the ship finaly stops just outside the atmosphere, time to get started

(Tell me the name, size, weaponry if any, speed and any other detailes on the ship please)

Your location: Directly above Eerewe
Your mood: Anticapation
Crews mood: Anticapating
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 04:17:53 am »

The ship is the Galyiam, a 800m long ship looking approximatively like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But more round and with ovale-shaped heavy containers under each wing, containing necessary supplies for geneforming.
(geneforming: process of modifying a planet and its native species in order to obtain a desired race)

It is not a warship, but it is not unarmed. Main weapons are two antimateer hypercannons (firing 1ton antimateer shells at faster than light speed, effecively hitting ennemies instantly from billions of km away), and thunder-plasma point defence (turrets use a beam of charged particles travelling at lightspeed to focus a plasma pulse on target. it's rather short ranged but very precise and do heavy damage on small target).
The hangar bay (hanging under the ship) host unarmed shuttles and a handful of drones (the drones are essentially two cylindrical motors with a small quantic matricial computer in the middle, plu four thunder-plasma and eight antimateer missiles as armament.)
It is quite sluggish in sub-lightspeed, as expected from a mostly civilian cargo of this size, but no threats are expected this far from the frontlines. all known interstellar travel-able species.

The great lines of the desired race have been set by the Consensus:
-Protectors, not agressors. They should be adepts of preventive strikes, but avoid full-scale annihilation if not necessary.
-Unable to agress an Ataqalaa, for whatever reason.
-Obedient, yet able to take decision by themselves. They should be able to wage war by themselves.

Otherwise each ship is free to design the race they reckon being the most efficient. Consensus will choose between successful projects.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 04:30:27 am by kaian-a-coel »
Full Sig

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 04:28:14 am »

Just some notes, the great war, as it is called, is over now this is just in case somthing like it happens again, and I will acept some cargo suggestions, but I will also put some stuff into it myself, the next post will contain the cargo so please post, don't be shy
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 04:55:57 am »

"Commander" you hear a voice and turn your body around to see Vlask, one of your twelve siblings, behind you and approaching. "Beutiful isn't it," you muse "untouched, its inhabitants blissfuly unaware of the vast conflicts in this universe," Vlask slides next to you, carful to stay about three feet away, "remember what we're doing is to make sure it stays that way for other planets, the great war not only slaughterd more that two thirds of our population, but ended the lives of over twleve million stars, many of which had planets with this kind of life on them, and if we do this right, unless the hierach accept our race then they will never know that we were here," his coment brings back memories of the great war, a seven thousand year war that had slaughterd your people, from a small but stable population of three billion Atalaqaas and an empire of seventeen hundred thousand stars to just a few hundred million Atalaqaas and mearly eight thousand stars "still," you say, "the enemy is gone so why?"
"In case another race does the same, anyway there are rumers that some of the enemy survive, hidden in distant systems far from our reach," you look down on the planet, now's not the time to muse on the past, you think.
"Alright Vlask, time to get this missio started, tell Alerish to get the bio-vats ready and prep the drones." Vlask nods and slides away, you look back down on the planet, "The new protecters shall be born."

Your location: Directly above Eerewe
Your mood: Anticapation
Crews mood: Anticapating
Spoiler: Galyiam cargo (click to show/hide)
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 05:35:06 am »

Okay, now to the first step.

We must map the planet and identify every species we can, beginning with those of potential interest. We could then let the mapping run in the background, just in case.

then we select species with the potential to become the Protectors, if handled correctly.
At this moment we will brainstorm to choose which one will be granted the Gift of Sapience and to what will we make it evolve, essentially designing the Protectors.

Then modifying the creatures into said Protectors form, and let them progress technologically.
The amount of intervention we will do at this point is not yet defined.

OOC: I think it might be fun to know how the team next star progress. You know, having a rival and all. :D
Nothing detailed, just rumors or so. Competition is fun, don't you think? something in the taste of "Team next star have their project already at [insert progress here]!" "No way! speed up the process, move move move!" :P
Full Sig

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 06:06:28 am »

I'm gona post in about ten minutes, now while kaian's contribution is very much appreiciated I would like some other contribution
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 06:07:44 am »

while kaian's contribution is very much appreiciated I would like some other contribution
Me too.
Full Sig
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29