Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: a few wiki related questions  (Read 1901 times)

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
a few wiki related questions
« on: June 24, 2012, 03:48:40 pm »

So, I'm looking for a place to store my public dfhack lua scripts.  A few forum folks have recommended the wiki for such a thing.

A few questions towards that goal...

How long do user page requests take to be fulfilled?  I see requests in Emily's Talk page (as noted on the top of every page of the wiki), but every request since march 5th (3 months ago) shows no content on the pages.  I've requested a user page, but I cannot edit my user page.  Who/where/what is Emily?

Even if I do get a user page, the <source lang=""> tag appears to be disabled, which makes it difficult to properly format source code entries.  Any chance it could be enabled?

If that's not possible, can .lua files be added to the list of upload-able files? (which is limited to images only at the moment) That would be the best option, as people can then just click on the file links without having to worry about the tag/formatting.

If the wiki is not the right place to store public dfhack lua scripts, I completely understand, and will continue to use the dfhack forum thread.  Just let me know!

thanks,
vjek

Locriani

• Bay Watcher
  • Locriani == Briess
    • View Profile
    • dwarf fortress wiki
Re: a few wiki related questions
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 12:57:02 pm »

You want to use the < pre > tag.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 12:58:34 pm by Locriani »
I am one of many administrators of the wiki.  Please use my user page (http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/User_talk:Briess) on the wiki to contact me, as I check that more often than these forums.