Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dwarves won't equip halberd  (Read 13911 times)

JarinArenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves won't equip halberd
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2012, 10:45:16 pm »

Yeah. It was mostly a flavor/RP thing for me. I wanted the fortress guard to be made up of giant dwarves with greatswords.  :P

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2012, 05:56:09 pm »

More sizing discussion: the game seems to treat the seven modifier numbers as category boundaries rather than direct multipliers. The dwarf sizes that DT returns are often ones that can't be made by multiplying 60000 by any of the seven numbers, especially at the upper and lower extremes of dwarf size, but they are all divisible by 6. I think I may have read that once somewhere... At any rate, it means the weapons page on the wiki needs even more of a rewrite. The 7x7 number grid I used to calculate how many dwarves can equip which weapons (if the game were respecting the minimum size and two-handed tags, anyway. It seems for the moment that the two-handed tag is respected) is more of a rough guide than an exact set of probabilities. To get that I'd need a table about 50x50, since I don't know the calculations to do it the efficient way.

If anyone's interested I made a spreadsheet in Google docs, here. It's editable.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2012, 06:05:54 pm »

yeah the DT numbers you're seeing are calculated multiplying the 60000 by broadness and height read from memory. i can tell you that height/broadness can be any number in those ranges, not only the exact ones specified in the raws (93, 96, 98, 101, 102, 124... are some modifiers i've observed)
Pages: 1 2 [3]