Poll

Should the game be declared finished?

Aye!
- 5 (100%)
Nay!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 8 - No Country For Ghandi  (Read 44915 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 8 - Prospective gods to apply within
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 11:27:56 am »

If possible, I'd like to play Hinnom then. Paradise lost sort of grew on me and suddenly I have this desire of having more fallen angels and adamantine chains around me.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 11:40:19 am »

My vote is for Early Age as well, since I'd like to try out Hinnom(nomnomnom).
If possible, I'd like to play Hinnom then. Paradise lost sort of grew on me and suddenly I have this desire of having more fallen angels and adamantine chains around me.
Haven't been paying attention, have we?
First come first take, but you can always try and plead with Karlito to change his mind.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 01:07:25 pm »

Derp :P, fine fine, he can have the talmudic giants.

If we do end up using dawn of dominions, I'll use either arconcephale, ermor or agartha (whichever boksi doesnt pick). If we use shadowshore, I gave up on abysia after realizing how strongly abysia strat changes with age, and will prob be sticking to any of the first three picks.
I also vote for forbidden friendiship as our mod of choice.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 02:18:34 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 02:48:57 pm »

Yeah it looks like Forbidden Friendship gets my vote too. I still need to play around with it, but it should be ok.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 02:58:45 pm »

I haven't played any of these mods, only an older version of CBM. I think I'll get a parallel hotseat game going to try out some tactics :P

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 03:16:00 pm »

Parallel hotseat, is that... do you play against yourself? I hadn't thought to try that.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2012, 04:48:46 pm »

Derp :P, fine fine, he can have the talmudic giants.
Damn straight :D.

I'm good with Forbidden Friendship I guess, all of the SA mods seem fairly similar. The one nice thing Dominions Enhanced has going for it is the list of Magic Path Boosters that comes with the mod, but I guess I can live without reliable references.

EDIT: As for rule changes, 15 Hall of Fame slots and renaming are pretty standard, but maybe we can increase independent strength to 6 or 7? A little extra challenge early on can't hurt. Maybe we should give some thought to increasing magic site frequency as well? I know the Early Age is already higher by default, but more magic can only help as long as we're caring less about balance and more about epic endgame.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:54:18 pm by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2012, 05:39:13 pm »

Parallel hotseat, is that... do you play against yourself? I hadn't thought to try that.

Yeah man, I'm a strange dude. Do that with basically any game I can. It's like an interactive story. It's how I get some pseudo - MP experience before diving in at the deep end.  :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2012, 10:32:23 pm »

These always tempt me to actually try and get the very expencive, for what it is, game.

But I know better. My curse dictates that if I ever buy a game to join in on the fun something will happen.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2012, 10:46:09 pm »

Yeah man, I'm a strange dude. Do that with basically any game I can. It's like an interactive story. It's how I get some pseudo - MP experience before diving in at the deep end.  :P
Oh it sounds like a good idea, I'm just not sure I could really do it myself. I think the combination of always knowing what all of the "enemies" are doing and a lack of an actual opponent would make me a bit bored before I got too far in. It's a shame because it's better practice than playing against the AI!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2012, 11:15:34 pm »

Playing around with forbidden friendship.
Uh

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lol?
Working as intended I suppose :P
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 11:19:07 pm by TempAcc »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2012, 11:23:57 pm »

The thing about god chassis changes that I find better in Dominions Enchanced over Forbidden Friendship is that thing about pretenders with high initial magic path numbers - like that titan in tempacc's picture.
In DE the titan does get 7A right off the bat, but it counts as 2A for the bless purposes, making it somewhat less overpowered.
On the other hand, DE makes Yomi's only immortal commander no longer immortal, so there's that.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2012, 12:39:36 pm »

Aww, Caelum's troops aren't as useful in FF as they are in DE. Oh well, at least I don't have to learn something new.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 8 - Send in your pretenders!
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2012, 02:43:23 pm »

I think this is all the players we're going to get.

The game has been set up and can be found here:
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Bay12GamesRound8

The settings are:
Map: Shadowshore
Mod: Forbidden Friendship 2.1

Indie strength = 6
Magic site frequency = 50(i.e.+5% from the default)
Hall of Fame entries = 15
Renaming is on
(the rest is unchanged from the default setting)

Roleplaying is optional but always welcome.

Send in your pretenders!

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 8 - Send in your pretenders!
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2012, 03:10:03 pm »

I get a Nagot Gik Fel when trying to use the pretender creation tool with the mod. It says "bad armor for new monster" :(

Any ideas what might be wrong?

EDIT : Also what nations are free for me to pick from? :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34