Poll

Should the game be declared finished?

Aye!
- 5 (100%)
Nay!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 8 - No Country For Ghandi  (Read 45216 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 8 - Send in your pretenders!
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2012, 03:17:32 pm »

I have no such error. Is your version of Dominions fully patched? We should all be using version 3.27. It could also happen if your Dominions data folders are read only.

You'll have to look through the thread and see what nations other people have claimed, and pick one that hasn't been picked yet. Surely you must have a preference?

Anyway, pretender sent in for Hinnom!
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2012, 03:26:26 pm »

I took a look at troops and possibilities last night with Caelum, but I still need to work out it some more. I'll have Caelum's pretender in by the end of the night (once I get home and get to fiddle with things).
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

puntocom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2012, 03:27:16 pm »

Hello!

I will take Pangea. I'm making the chasis right now.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2012, 03:31:50 pm »

I was going to take Ermor, but I decided I'd have tons more Fun(tm) running a nation of crazy chronically depressive albino giants. So agartha it is, designing pretender now.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2012, 03:39:03 pm »

I was going to take Ermor, but I decided I'd have tons more Fun(tm) running a nation of crazy chronically depressive albino giants. So agartha it is, designing pretender now.

It would almost be cool if the next Dominions (if it is ever made) has a lot more pretendors.

Though I have a feeling that people want less pretendors (or more customisable pretendors) not more.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2012, 04:03:50 pm »

Ahh, my version is 3.23... But it won't let me patch to 3.27. "Unknown version" error.

I can tell you what version it is! It's legit! I bought the game! Ughhh... probably going to have to re-install.  :(

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2012, 05:41:51 pm »

Alrighty, I think this will work. Caelem pretender data being sent.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2012, 05:42:46 pm »

I waffled on this choice for a bit, but I'm picking Ermor. Now for the biggest challenge of designing a pretender: The name.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2012, 05:45:24 pm »

I waffled on this choice for a bit, but I'm picking Ermor. Now for the biggest challenge of designing a pretender: The name.

Even after I got that down, I still had to recreate it four times until I got a set of titles that I liked.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2012, 05:46:42 pm »

Oh Il P, the name in the "How MP works" section of the OP isn't right. The one in the main body of the OP is fine, but I didn't read the whole thing (ha...) and ended up with a "game doesn't exist" error email the first time.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2012, 05:57:28 pm »

Right, forgot about that bit. Fixing it now.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2012, 06:20:21 pm »

Just sent mine, and I decree that all agarthans now talk in old poetic liturgical english.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2012, 06:39:17 pm »

And so the legions of Ermor prepare to march for the glory of JENOVA, Lord of Inventions, the Armorer, God of the City.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2012, 06:44:25 pm »

So hey, any of you beastmen, demons, bird people, or cave giants feel like destroying all humans?  :D

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2012, 06:47:47 pm »

Haha I'm going to wait until I figure out if I'm surrounded by humans before I declare war on all of them. :P I feel like we might end up getting along though. ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34