Poll

Should the game be declared finished?

Aye!
- 5 (100%)
Nay!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 8 - No Country For Ghandi  (Read 45223 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 8 - No Country For Ghandi
« Reply #495 on: September 22, 2012, 04:24:54 pm »

Anyway, looks like we're done here. There's no point in waiting for Korbac to vote, as his recent absence says it all. I'm going to close it in a few hours.

It was a cool game, guys. Lots of tasty stabbing.
Thanks for playing.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 22, 2012, 04:25:29 pm »

Sounds good, thanks for playing!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 24, 2012, 04:46:31 pm »

My apologies for not replying (or indeed aiding you as I should have, Bluerobin.) :( I promised myself that I'd get back into, but when I logged into my email, saw the turn file, and knew that despite all my commands I wouldn't have any real impact... well, it sucked the motivation out of me, to be honest. :(

Il P was the voted winner of the contest then? :)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 24, 2012, 04:54:28 pm »

I think so, yeah. Hinnom was going to just eventually get eaten by me, AgarthAI, and Il Palazzo and I think Il P had a sizeable force sitting on my border waiting to jump on me as well. If I managed to fight off Il P's Yomi while Hinnom focused on Agartha we might have been able to fight back, but Yomi was just so big.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 24, 2012, 05:15:58 pm »

The lesson of this game is obvious: If Il Palazzo lives till the end game, he'll win, no questions asked.  Every MUST gang up on him quickly in order to not lose.   :P

Speaking of such, anybody notice that large underwater army, research lead, and other fun stuff coming from Everyone's Favorite Voidbeast(TM) in That Other Game?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 24, 2012, 05:33:02 pm »

Eh, Euchre, despite your constant agitation, you'll never be able to corrupt my precious bodily fluids.

As for the game - I would probably just overcome you guys by the sheer numbers. I had higher gem income than the three of you combined, and that's not even counting my budding blood industry.
I was indeed just about to attack Bluerobin, and was actually kinda looking forward to seeing how my own birdmen(i.e.Tengu) would fare against Caelians. Oh well.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 24, 2012, 05:41:45 pm »

Eh, Euchre, despite your constant agitation, you'll never be able to corrupt my precious bodily fluids.

I'm glad to hear that.  I'm enjoying my agitation, but I was worried that you might be getting sick of it, and then I'd have to stop.  I'm still grateful for your invitation to Round 9, after all.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]