Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Let's Play: Prophecy of Pendor

(1/4) > >>

Eagle_eye:
PoP 3.5 is out, and with that, savegame incompatibility! So, I thought it would be perfect timing to do an LP. I've never done one before, so it may get a bit messy.

To start with, for those of you who are unfamiliar with it:

Prophecy of Pendor is a total conversion mod for Mount and Blade. The location in which the game takes place, strangely enough, is known as Pendor. It is bounded by mountains inhabited by the wild Mistmountain Raiders to the north, the enigmatic Noldor to the east, and the sea to the west and south. It is divided between five major factions: The Empire is in the southeast, loosely based on Rome, and plagued by a murderous religious group known as the Snake Cult. They have decent but expensive infantry, and little cavalry. Their crossbowmen are the best in Pendor. To the west are the Dshar, former nomads who settled down on the borders of a great desert. Their top tier infantry are unmatched at offense, but rather fragile and extremely expensive and difficult to acquire. In the west, to the north of the Dshar, are the Fierdsvain, who are essentially vikings. Their strength is in their infantry, again, though theirs seem more survivable than the Empire or the Dshar, and throwing weapons. Their archers are mediocre at best, and their only decent cavalry unit are the noble Valkyries, their equivalent of knights. In the far north of Pendor is the kingdom of Ravenstern. Their archers are second only to the Noldor, and their troops are cheap and versatile. However, their infantry and cavalry do not excel in any one area, and will almost certainly be defeated by an equivalent force suited to the combat. Last is the Kingdom of Sarleon, in the dead center of the map. They have cheap, versatile infantry as well, and the strongest cavalry of all five factions. Their archers are better than those of the Fierdsvain and Dshar, but no match for Ravenstern Rangers. The sixth faction, defunct at the beginning of the game, is the Kingdom of Pendor. I haven't had a chance to really use their units, but they seem to be very strong defensively.

Now there are a few choices to make:

I'll be going with a male character simply because I like having characters that look like me. The other background choices are:

Your father was:
                    A displaced minor noble
                    A merchant captain
                    An outlawed knight
                    A retired adventurer
                    A banished Dshar chieftan's son
                    A mysterious figure
               As a child you:
                    Served a minor noble
                    Became a craftsman's apprentice
                    Became a merchant's helper
                    Were left to fend for yourself
                    Hunted in the wilds
               You then became:
                    A squire
                    A bard
                    A scholar
                    A merchant
                    A builder
                    A hunter
                You left for Pendor :
                    To seek revenge
                    Because of a loved one's death
                    Because of wanderlust
                    Because you were forced from your home
                    Because of the lure of adventure and gold
                You leave for:
                    Ravenstern
                    Sarleon
                    The Dshar
                    The Empire
                    The Fierdsvain

I'm going to let you guys make most of the decisions with a few major rules;
      I'm not doing anything I think is outright stupid, regardless of how much support it gets. That means no attacking Noldor without several times their numbers.
      I'm not going without a horse if one is available.
      I'm not using a crossbow or throwing weapons. Absolutely terrible with both

Alright, that's all. I'll start playing once I feel enough people have voted on the above choices.

Heron TSG:
A mysterious figure
Hunted in the wilds
A hunter
Revenge
The Empire

You are a member of the Snake Cult; more specifically a member of a secret martial arts group known as Kobra Kai.

>Sweep the leg.

Elfeater:
EMPIRE HO!

majikero:
Go Empire!

Also try to start Pendor. They have weak peasant soldiers but powerful knights. Try to limit yourself to one knight order or none at all. If your gonna start your kingdom, take the Saleron capital. It's the old Pendor capital and also dead center of the map. Have fun fighting off Saleron, Dshar, the Empire and the Vikings.

ivanthe8th:
Father was a mysterious figure who abandoned you as a child in the wilderness
Left alone to fend for yourself by hunting in the wilds
Grew up to be a hunter
You've been forced out of your home
Now you go to the empire

I'd like our hero to a feral child now grown into manhood. He is of mysterious parentage because he was abandoned in the wilderness, and now he's going to the Empire because he's been forced out of his wilderness home. He can't speak, and is limited in tool usage to spears and maces/clubs. He has no concept or armor or battle tactics, instead relying on his hunter skills and stealth in combat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version