Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: You Are On Daedalus Station (A Dead Space Suggestion Game)  (Read 20882 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You Are On Daedalus Station (A Dead Space Suggestion Game)
« on: June 25, 2012, 10:44:59 pm »

The Daedalus Station was built in 2463 by the CEC to accommodate the new method of orbital mining that has only helped to speed up our expansion into space. Planet cracking as the method is called speeds up mining efforts by at least sixty percent. This lead to a massive demand for trade stations that can easily move from system to system as mining vessels spread outward into the unknown. The Daedalus is the first of these station ships, and if the project is successful we at the CEC are hoping to branch out into the universe with several other station ships.

This station's purpose has and always will be to collect and transport materials from distant planets, but that isn't all it does. Ever since the discovery of rare isotopes buried in the moon of Fenrir III a new medical wing has been constructed to utilize the rarer materials for medical research. Many breakthroughs in the field of medicine have emerged from the research at this station, including the cure for several different forms of cancer. While progress has slowed our hopes have not been dashed as new materials pass through our hands everyday.

The station is equipped with auxiliary thrusters to prevent drifting while in orbit of a star as well as a series of heavy thrusters to travel from system to system as needed. Powering these thrusters are the largest engines ever constructed, the Artemis and Apollo engines, which generate enough energy to power Titan Station three times over! A tethered tram system connects the twin main engines that power the entire ship, allowing faster access for engineers who are needed for the engines' daily maintenance schedule. If for some reason both of the main engines are shut down for repairs there are secondary power supplies located throughout the station to keep everything running while the engineers fix the problem.

It's now the twentieth anniversary of the Daedalus, and it is looking for more crew to join it and the CEC on a journey into the unknown. If you think you have something to contribute please send your applications to the local CEC branch.

Name?
Gender?
Occupation?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 01:12:38 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: You Are On Daedalus Station (A Suggestion Game)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 12:04:40 am »

Reminds me of dead space...

I LOVE DEAD SPACE!

Name: Issac Grey ( ;) )
Sex: Male

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 12:41:44 am »

Name: Aart Bluestoke
Occupation: Scientist (my specialty is computer simulations of novel materials, and as such Daedalus is a perfect place to validate some of my newest models)
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 01:37:32 am »

Name:Dr. Garett Nipton

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 01:43:43 am »

+1

Heavy Weapons Pony

• Bay Watcher
  • Luna is best Admiral.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 01:46:11 am »

Name: Alex Ford
(Knows how to fix most things on a ship, and knows how to most efficiently mine things and how to keep those mining things in top condition.)

EDIT: can we have more than one person as the focus for this one? I'd like to work Isaac Clarke Grey
Ahhh, yes... Killing the ecosystem of a other planet and burn the product as fuel... Simply brilliant 

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 10:05:29 am »

+1
+2
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 11:30:10 am »

This is the journal of Garett Nipton. It's been a week since the respiratory virus appeared on the ship. No one's died yet, but there are still a lot of people in critical condition. The virus seems to alter the blood slightly, making it impossible to attach cybernetic limbs without it being rejected within a few hours. I've been reassigned to the team looking for the cure in the viral research labs down in medical. It's frustrating for someone to be thrown out of their field of expertise and thrown into someone elses, but I guess I shouldn't complain. The main reason I've been reassigned to that project rather than another is actually my immunity to the virus. It seems to spread through the air, using the lungs to carry it into the body. Since I haven't had natural lungs since my childhood they're saying that it would be impossible for it to affect me.

Actually... I take it back when I said that no one died. All the animals on the ship have been lost to the virus, including my cat Ratchet... Garett Nipton signing off.

An alarm blares beside Nipton as he sleepily opens his eyes. His cybernetic arm slides out from under the white sheets, stopping over the flat hovering image of a digital clock. After a moment the alarm clock stops, and he rolls himself out of bed. The lights from the next room shined brightly in his face. "...What?" He said as he held his arm up to block the light out. The lights were motion activated, the chances of them staying on all night was an absolute impossibility. He started walking towards the plain white hallway, the wall panels illuminating the hall didn't seem as bad once his eyes adjusted. He took a few steps towards the living room when he heard the sound of a metal grate slamming into place. He peeked around the corner, but saw nothing but the minimal amount of furniture he bought. The cushion of the leather couch was out of place, laying on it's side propped up against the couch. The vent cover is bent, and looks like it was forced open from the inside. Whoever was in here clearly isn't here now. Still... Who the hell would sneak into someone else's apartment? How did something like this not get stopped by building security?

It's still a few hours before Garett's shift down in medical what do you want to do?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 12:42:41 pm by The Fool »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: You Are On Daedalus Station (A Dead Space Suggestion Game)
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 01:15:04 pm »

Ahhh, I thought this was a multiplayer type game. But this still looks promising!

Check inside the grate from a distance by shining a light or using our implants to have a better look inside and then do our daily routine of checking our implants and our replacement parts and performing maintenance on them. Then take a shower and get dressed.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 01:28:22 pm »

Ahhh, I thought this was a multiplayer type game. But this still looks promising!

Check inside the grate from a distance by shining a light or using our implants to have a better look inside and then do our daily routine of checking our implants and our replacement parts and performing maintenance on them. Then take a shower and get dressed.

Agreed.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 03:14:43 pm »

The vent looks like someone hit it hard and peeled it outwards into your apartment. How the hell did you manage to sleep through something like that!? You must be a heavy sleeper. You stand a few feet back from the bent vent cover and activate your arm's light, which pops up without a sound. You point it at the vent, and peer into it.

You bend the vent back in place as best as you can, and head back to your room for a shower. As you step into the bathroom you realize there is a faint scratching sound. You play it off as nothing, and start the water. A screech is heard on the other side of the wall followed by skittering that quickly fades to silence. Fuck this. You'll shower when security figures out what the hell is going on. You can't be the only one having this problem.

You sit down on the bed with your cybernetics maintenance kit and wire your arm to a reader. All readings show a clean bill of health, not even a recalibration is needed. You hope that you don't need a replacement part anytime soon. It's costly to replace it with the stores, and it's a long trip to the cybernetics division of medical to pick up free parts. You've been on the ship for a couple months and they still haven't given you appropriate clearance in the stores for free parts to replace ones you already own. You would have bought an upgrade for your power efficiency from the Shopping District a long time ago, but you're still low on furniture so you've been on the fence about the whole thing.

You get dressed in your usual medical scrubs, even if you end up heading somewhere else you don't feel like coming back home right away. Reporting the problem should clean up whatever is happening by the time you get back home. You glance over at your nearest comm panel... Comm lines are down? Fantastic, now you can't report it to security. Chances are that no one in the Security Division will know about this for a few days.

It's still a couple hours before work. Where do you want to go?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 07:00:24 pm »

Negotiate map for places with plasma tools for repairs, plasma cutter can carry you through entire game therefor...
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 09:50:49 pm »

Why are we getting a weapon right now? It's meta knowledge to get one now! Plus it would look odd to all the personell if we are walking around with a plasma cutter.

Just go talk to security in person, they can sort this shit out.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 09:53:52 pm »

Zako, more like why AREN'T we getting a weapon.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 10:10:04 pm »

Zako, more like why AREN'T we getting a weapon.

Its a pretty natural thing for humans to own weapons.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9