Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 236053 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - Plains of Eidolon
« Reply #1155 on: October 06, 2017, 09:49:38 pm »

Don't get the fire mods, they're available from spy missions. Do get the primed mods, they're exclusive to Baro as always. Can't say anything about the two weapons because I don't like fist weapons, but apparently the Obex are super fast, and the Skana can be... decent with the augment mod I've heard. If nothing else, they're pretty and can be used to get mastery ranks if that's what you're after.

I haven't been following the PoE update very closely, but it does seem to make the game play a lot differently just not having corridors to grind mobs in. Is it really only 5 kilometers (not sure where I got that figure)? ARMA 3's island was roughly 270kmē, and someone transposed PoE's estimated size over Skyrim's map to give scale. Considering you can just archwing through a lot of it I wonder just how long it'll take for you to explore everything.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 09:56:43 pm by OzyTheSage »

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: October 07, 2017, 11:58:44 am »

I haven't been following the PoE update very closely, but it does seem to make the game play a lot differently just not having corridors to grind mobs in. Is it really only 5 kilometers (not sure where I got that figure)? ARMA 3's island was roughly 270kmē, and someone transposed PoE's estimated size over Skyrim's map to give scale. Considering you can just archwing through a lot of it I wonder just how long it'll take for you to explore everything.

I don't think the small size is much of an issue. If you take a look at the Arma map, there is a whole lot of 'not much' going on, and the big spaces are helpful for certain types of warfare that you don't get in Warframe. Also, depending on the reception, this is something that DE can gradually increase by adding open areas to different planets.

On a side note, how does the map size of Just Cause line up with the examples in that image? Always felt like I was traveling for days in that game.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1157 on: October 07, 2017, 02:13:09 pm »

The enemies also get harder if you go further away from cetus without doing a bounty, supposedly.

Also if you haven't heard already, they're rebuilding the focus system, refunding all your focus (so you can respend it on new nodes) and refunding your lenses to your inventory in case you want to build the new Greatest [Focus] Lens (name pending) from cetus. or you can just reinstall them in what you want.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: October 07, 2017, 02:16:10 pm »

I was originally going to go with Madurai or Unairu, until I found out that Zenurik was the meta with its energy regen. That's going away, so maybe I should have stuck with my original feeling...
There's also a glass-themed Warframe, Gara, coming out.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: October 07, 2017, 02:23:46 pm »

I was originally going to go with Madurai or Unairu, until I found out that Zenurik was the meta with its energy regen. That's going away, so maybe I should have stuck with my original feeling...
There's also a glass-themed Warframe, Gara, coming out.
not so much going away as much 'turning into a bubble'.

They showed it off on the most recent Prime Time, you dash and a bubble appears. Move through the bubble and leave it and you get (at max rank) 5/s for 30sec, or you can stay in the bubble and just have it going until the bubble expires.

Gara's quest/bp is gonna be delayed a week due to schedueling, but the parts will be in PoE and they'll be in the market immediately due to being functional even if the quest isn't quite readied.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: October 07, 2017, 06:17:57 pm »

Also if you haven't heard already, they're rebuilding the focus system

I'm assuming this will be the end of perma-invis builds.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: October 07, 2017, 06:23:20 pm »

Also if you haven't heard already, they're rebuilding the focus system

I'm assuming this will be the end of perma-invis builds.
Yep. Unless loki/ivara. Look in the imgur link above.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: October 07, 2017, 11:25:13 pm »

Can't say anything about the two weapons because I don't like fist weapons, but apparently the Obex are super fast

Thanks for mentioning the Obex! I almost missed that one. I've been using the regular Obex for my anti-corpus build, and wishing I had an improved version for a while now.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: October 08, 2017, 12:37:34 am »

A bit off topic... but I went and collected all of the cephalon fragments just for the sake of collecting them and to maybe get a little bit of cool lore and concept art, since I haven't even touched that part of the codex and didn't want to until I had all of the missing parts.

I... got a bit more than I bargained for.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: October 12, 2017, 05:03:21 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: October 12, 2017, 05:16:20 pm »

Woo!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: October 12, 2017, 05:56:19 pm »

What I'm hoping for next (though of course I'm not hoping too hard, dev team's got a long list of priorities I imagine) is to give the Tenno the ability to just stroll about a ship, killing whoever they come across and stealing whatever they want.

Like a standard "On a ship" mission, except there's no specific mission objective.

(Maybe have the player stumble across rooms where they faction keeps their loot, and have them do a sort of "mini-mission" to get at the loot a la standard missions?)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: October 13, 2017, 10:25:18 am »

So I played one mission the other day, the lowest level one from whatshisface (can't remember right now) and so far I'm pretty impressed. It basically acted as three mini-missions in a row, but in between the segments you were allowed to fuck around and do whatever you wanted. First there was a defense mission, then an interception of some sort, and finally a capture mission. The enemies were only level 8 or so but it was still fun and there was a lot of stuff going on to keep it exciting.

I still have to farm some things on the start chart however which is unfortunate since I rely on public matches to do things, but everyone is too busy playing on the Plains to do star chart stuff.

Chroma and Gara are the only warframes I don't have IIRC, but while I have Saryn and Ash prime I still want their normal versions.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: October 13, 2017, 02:12:59 pm »

I tried to play about an hour after the patch hit and the lag made it 100% unplayable. I guess it's probably settled by now.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: October 13, 2017, 06:03:48 pm »

So with this new update, is the open world bit the main bit of the game, or is it still the same except a certain area?
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 133