Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 234252 times)

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1170 on: October 13, 2017, 06:13:09 pm »

So with this new update, is the open world bit the main bit of the game, or is it still the same except a certain area?

Main game is the same. This new stuff is a different way of approaching missions and environment.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: October 14, 2017, 08:32:47 am »

I have come to ask some advice from the bay12 hivemind. I'm a new player to Warframe and I feel a bit ... overwhelmed when I opened up the marketplace. So much Frames and weapons and goodies ...

I dropped some credits on the Rhino frame blueprint and am slowly grinding my way to Venus (where the boss drops the parts for the frame). Is the Rhino a good frame to have? And what weapon makes for a good mix with that frame? I'm a big fan of slow and tanky, with high damage / low fire-rate weaponry (and hammers and axes!). But I have no idea on how to go about attaining that "goal".
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: October 14, 2017, 11:20:28 am »

Rhino's main focus is on toughness and surviving damage.

Rhino Charge charges forward, with subsequent charges inflicting extra damage. Good for if you need to get close to a target, so good with shotguns and melee.

Iron Skin is the bread and butter of Rhino, as it creates what is essentially an extra health bar. While Iron Skin is up, the ability will take damage, and not Rhino. Good to have ready to use if you find yourself under a lot of fire at once.

Roar is a damage buff for you and all your allies. I don't really use it, but if you want to kill people faster, go for it.

Rhino Stomp is a stomp that inflicts heavy damage. Any enemies not killed will be suspended in the air for a few seconds, allowing you to shoot them safely and easily.

With the exception of Rhino Charge, none of his abilities are particularly good or bad with certain weapons.

I don't know how to exactly go about making a slow but powerful build, but some mods I would recommend you put on all your weapons and ammo:

Shotguns: Point Blank. This mod provides a 90% damage boost once maxed out.

Assault Rifles: Serration. This mod provides a 165% damage boost once maxed out.

Pistols: Hornet Strike. This mod provides a 220% damage boost once maxed out.

Melee: Pressure Point. This mod provides a 120% damage boost once maxed out.

All Warframes: Redirection and Vitality. Redirection will boost shields by 440% once maxed out, while Vitality increases health by the same amount once maxed out. No real reason not to get either of these.

Elemental mods on weapons will also help greatly, but there are too many to list here.

Additionally, certain weapons (like the Soma) have stats good enough for crit builds to be possible.

It all comes down to personal preference in the end, though if you always have the damage-boosting mod you should be fine.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: October 14, 2017, 01:27:30 pm »

New Twitch Prime loot: Soma Prime and Scindo Prime, until Oct. 31st. Go use the free trial to get those (and the older Frost Prime offer if you haven't done that).

Don't have experience with Scindo P, but Soma P is fantastic.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: October 14, 2017, 03:18:33 pm »

Or if you have amazon prime you can link your amazon account with a twitch.  Amazon prime comes with twitch prime.  While you're there you can throw a stream or two in the background and earn free stuff.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: October 14, 2017, 07:15:13 pm »

I have come to ask some advice from the bay12 hivemind. I'm a new player to Warframe and I feel a bit ... overwhelmed when I opened up the marketplace. So much Frames and weapons and goodies ...

I dropped some credits on the Rhino frame blueprint and am slowly grinding my way to Venus (where the boss drops the parts for the frame). Is the Rhino a good frame to have? And what weapon makes for a good mix with that frame? I'm a big fan of slow and tanky, with high damage / low fire-rate weaponry (and hammers and axes!). But I have no idea on how to go about attaining that "goal".

Azywing's post is pretty accurate. I'd also like to add that, since you are a new player, I would not recommend leveling mods like Serration and Vitality (or any mod with a high level cap, really) up to max, since doing so requires more endo and credits than it's worth for a new player. Keep them at around mid-level until you get to places where farming endo and such is less painful. You'll also use less capacity which leaves room for other mods.

Rhino is a great frame for newer players, and if you like being tanky he's perfect for you. Iron Skin stacks strength with your armor, so throw Steel Fiber on your Rhino along with Intensify if you have it.

If you like shotguns, like me, you're in luck! Shotguns in Warframe are pretty great (unlike many games...) and a few of them are actually considered top-tier weapons. To start with you'll probably want to go with the MK1-Strun, as it's cheap and doesn't require you to wait for it to build in the foundry. In fact, I'd say you should grab all of the MK1 weapons just so you can try them out, level them, and then get rid of them once you get them all to 30.

Once you're done with the Strun you'll probably want to try out the Tigris, which is a dual-trigger double-barrel shotgun that fires when you push the trigger and again when you release it; you'll have to wait until mastery rank 4 to get it though, so start leveling those MK1 weapons.

The other shotgun you'll probably want to go after is the Hek, which you can get a pretty sweet syndicate mod for later on which makes it extremely powerful. It also has a syndicate version that isn't quite as powerful per shot but has twice the magazine capacity. Unfortunately in order to get the Hek you're going to need to be in a clan with the weapon researched disregard that, I had owned items hidden so I didn't see it in the market, it just requires MR4, while the Vaykor Hek requires you to level the Steel Meridian syndicate to its highest level and then spend 125,00 syndicate standing to get it, which is going to take forever for a new player.

If you want to add me my IGN is Ozyton.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 07:31:06 pm by OzyTheSage »

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: October 14, 2017, 08:48:11 pm »

I'll throw in and say that the Rhino is a upgrade for new players.  I actually quit the game after a few hours the first time I played, just wasn't fun.  Came back a few months later and got the Rhino and the Strun and actually started having fun.

Then I got the Valkyr and started having even more fun.  Valkyr's ult ability is becoming a invulnerable, vampire wolverine.  Nothing stops me from just sitting on top of bosses and just taping E until it's dead.

I would suggest finding a ghost clan to join as well.  Most clans will have everything researched and you can just throw 15k credits down to get a BP for a wide range of weapons.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: October 14, 2017, 09:43:29 pm »

In fact, I'd say you should grab all of the MK1 weapons just so you can try them out, level them, and then get rid of them once you get them all to 30.

To add on to Ozy's quote, ranking up a weapon to rank 30 will get you all the mastery points possible from that weapon, which is then used to increase your mastery rank once you have enough. This is sometimes known as "mastery grinding." The Mastery system means you have to vary your arsenal, either by expanding your weapon and Warframe slots or by selling Warframes and weapons once you get them to rank 30.

Weapons that are very weak are referred to as "Mastery fodder", because they're so weak they're not useful for anything else. Hopefully don't use those weapons.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: October 15, 2017, 04:03:40 am »

For slow but powerful, I'd recommend the bows, such as Paris and Cernos. They take practice to use effectively, but are great for crit builds and headshotting beause of their high base damage. Remember to charge them fully before firing so that they can pierce enemies and thin cover. Modding them also takes some thought, as they use the same mods as rifles, but differently. Reload speed lets you fire uncharged shots faster, while fire rate lets you charge shots faster.

If you want a technical weapon, try something like the Penta. Manual-triggered grenades that do a lot of damage on impact but bounce in a random direction after hitting an enemy, so you need to either time your triggers to right after the hit or just fire all five grenades into an area to blow them all up at once for area damage. Note that while your explosives don't damage friendlies, they do damage you, which can mean an instant death if you mod for damage.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: October 16, 2017, 03:42:59 pm »

So with this new update, is the open world bit the main bit of the game, or is it still the same except a certain area?

Main game is the same. This new stuff is a different way of approaching missions and environment.

As in, is the whole setup different or is it still the 'galaxy map with missions' setup? I get that it'll still be the same old shooty-looty in terms of actual gameplay
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: October 16, 2017, 03:53:14 pm »

The galaxy map with the tileset-based missions still exists, but fairly early on you unlock Cetus and the Plains. On the plains you can either free-roam with enemies becoming tougher the further out you get, or you can get 'bounties' which are basically a set of objectives you need to complete. You're still going to be playing star map missions when you want to do things like grinding bosses, materials, or affinity and the like, but the plains are a nice change of pace.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: October 17, 2017, 07:43:18 am »

Thanks for all the info on the rhino and "slow-and-tanky", folks!
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: October 17, 2017, 07:49:51 am »

How does one unlock plains? Returning to play this, have not played since beta.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: October 17, 2017, 10:21:04 am »

It's the forth mission on earth.  Hard to miss since it's location is marked differently than others.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: October 17, 2017, 10:31:08 am »

You have to go to the node called Cetus first, it's a lobby like relays are so you'll know it by how there are a million lobbies available when you select it.

By the way, I have a friend who just started playing the game. He wants to get all the Twitch Prime stuff, which he redeemed before the game was even finished installing. We went through the (lengthy) tutorial yesterday but he still can't find his stuff. What do you actually have to do before he gets the loot in his inbox?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:53:11 am by OzyTheSage »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 133