Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 236033 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1230 on: November 15, 2017, 09:46:19 pm »

The Boil has burst, and infested are spilling onto the Plain. I've not yet noticed any quests or further events of interest regarding these infested.
Really?? Because there was a big obvious announcement earlier in the patch notes. And a much less obvious one in the redtext pre-update.

Yeah, I had not initially looked at either of those sources. Apparently the new mission is at the top of the existing Cetus bounties list, and the new rewards are from the mask vendor.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: November 15, 2017, 11:34:16 pm »

Rewards include cetus resources (like wisps), normal snipetron, ether daggers, fulmination mod, sacrifice mod, and buyable built formas.

Also infested zaw parts and two exodias.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: November 15, 2017, 11:39:53 pm »

Plus a reusable blueprint for creating gear that boosts the points you get from the Operation. An additional, different type of booster can be researched in the clan dojo.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: November 15, 2017, 11:51:14 pm »

How long do these events usually last? I've been kinda burnt out of Warframe after nearly a solid month of farming mastery.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: November 15, 2017, 11:56:33 pm »

Plague Star lasts until the 27th at 2pm ET
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: November 16, 2017, 06:29:58 am »

Small tip, don't stand on the boil.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: November 16, 2017, 09:36:56 am »

Small tip, don't stand on the boil.

...Or try to rescue people who stand on the boil. Or try to rescue those people...yeah, my squad had all four down before we learned our lesson.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: November 17, 2017, 10:01:50 am »

Baro Kiteer is back!
This week he has all 3 rifle bane mods, melee toxic mod, and a sentinel regen mod. Also the Mara Detron.

I need almost all of it, and have no monies...time to farm!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 11:05:40 am by Folly »

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: November 17, 2017, 10:41:07 am »

Vayjie <3 boil, number one ship.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: November 17, 2017, 01:52:53 pm »

Do keep in mind re: Plaguestar:

1. The Zaw blueprints are not reusable (though they're confirmed to return in later events). Get multiple.

2. They just drastically reduced the standing cost to get to max level. It's <10k total for all levels now. They also made the sacrifice cost way more bearable, it's just common PoE resources instead of forma and neurodes now. They're refunding those to those who already ranked up, and your ranks are automatic if you had enough standing before the change.

3. If you're not already done with the PoE grind, those high-end resources are fucking amazing. Stock up. 3k standing forma can wait until you've got 20+ of each.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: November 17, 2017, 02:28:17 pm »

It's super-duper efficient. The mission itself is pretty bland, at least until you're spewing out 4 not-lephantises at the end, but the standing gain is actually absurd. It's 1 forma per mission, or 4 rare PoE resources, or 2 zaw bits.

Also, the not-lephantises are so lazily made it wraps around from awful all the way to amazing. Pilfer and Desecrate work on them, and so does Rhino stomp. Lephantis's AI was not made to handle floating.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: November 17, 2017, 06:05:38 pm »

Ugh. Bad enough that it's full of leeches who just expect one person to dump all 8 of the additives every time, just had to deal with a session where three MR3-4s all dropped with me and I didn't notice until they all started dying in the defense stage to the trash grineer. By the third not-Lephantis they were all out of revives (mostly from jumping onto the middle of the boil repeatedly). Just... >.<

E: Also, note that Baro has Axi A2 relics in stock again. That's the one with the Axlex BP and Link in them. Best to hop on now while folks are running radshares for 'em, I got two links and one BP in the first three runs I did. Links are good plat, too, when it's been a while since the A2s cycled through.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:00:49 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: November 18, 2017, 11:33:58 am »

I think I saw you on an axi relic run in the void last night, Dice.

Anyway, I'm looking for some advice in regards to the higher level content. I have never attempted sorties because I don't want to be a burden on my team - but I'm not really sure at what point I should be able to take that stuff on. I have some prime weapons that I've potatoed and forma'd once. The highest level stuff I have done are void missions - I find I can kill stuff there easily but I can get 1-shot if I am not careful. Because of my propensity towards dying I usually have been playing Octavia so I can spend most of the mission invisible to avoid damage.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: November 18, 2017, 12:58:58 pm »

Sorties are not that big of a deal. Squads usually don't mind leeches, as long as they don't lag behind too much or trip the alarms during stealth missions. Raids are the endgame content where everyone really needs to pull their weight.
Any sort of crowd-control frame will allow you to be an asset to your team. Most prime weapons are viable, though mods are what really let any weapon excel. Try to bring damage types suited for the enemies you are facing that day.

Also, Gift from the Lotus, blue potato alert for the next 2 hours!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 04:34:33 pm by Folly »

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: November 18, 2017, 03:35:46 pm »

Thanks. I tried a sortie and like you said, it wasn't that big of a deal. Though in the last mission I did feel a bit like a leech, but I brought some CC like you suggested and that helped keep the other leeches alive so the one guy who knew what he was doing could do most of the heavy lifting. :P

Looks like I'll have to put some work into my primary, because it took longer than I was comfortable with to kill grineer in the last mission.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 133