Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 235941 times)

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1305 on: January 30, 2018, 06:23:29 am »

I love how the Forum explodes because of the Arca Plasmor nerf, even though in my experience it didn't actually change anything.

Even without headshots it still one-shots pretty much everything (that isn't a Bombard, Ancient, Nox or Gunner) in Sortie 1 and 2 and is a reliable two-shot kill on almost everything in Sortie 3 (except for the former, again). And I don't even own Prime Mods for shotguns, my Plasmor rivven is meh (projectile speed, status chance, + Corpus damage) and I'm mostly Trinity, so no damage buffs there as well.
Pretty sure with a Prime Point Blank, a damage/multishot rivven or one of the Frames with boosted damage it would one-shot everything thats not one of the heavies mentioned above, even in Sortie 3.

The only things I can think off that are really negatively impacted by it are Harrows and maybe endless missions where you'll now sooner reach levels where you can no longer reliably kill stuff (and in my experience people cheese anything past level 100 anyways, so it doesn't really matter even there).
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: January 30, 2018, 03:55:52 pm »

I love how the Forum explodes because of the Arca Plasmor nerf, even though in my experience it didn't actually change anything.

Some people will just complain about any nerf, even if a weapon was overpowered from the start (cough* synoid simulor cough*). But there was a bug around briefly when the update hit that changed it from original headshot damage, to 0 damage on a headshot. It was intended to change the Arca so its damage was not multiplied on a headshot, but for a small period of time the Arca Plasmor did absolutely nothing on a headshot. (Wonder if a programmer accidentally did Headshot Damage Multiplier = 0, instead of 1, lol).

It feels fine to me now, but for a brief period it became terrible because enemies (even low-to-mid) would shrug off that hit to the head.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: January 30, 2018, 05:45:56 pm »

For someone who hasn't played the game much recently in what way did they nerf the Arca Plasmor?

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: January 30, 2018, 08:22:09 pm »

For someone who hasn't played the game much recently in what way did they nerf the Arca Plasmor?

Ability to make headshots was removed, so it deals bodyshot damage even if you hit the head.
Properly modded it still murderizes 85% of everything you'll ever see with bodyshots, so whatevers.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: January 30, 2018, 08:44:16 pm »

THat's a shame, one of my favorite things about that gun was being able to headshot and entire hallway of enemies in one shot, though I can kind've understand why they thought that might have been too powerful considering how little skill it took for such a large reward. It was still incredibly satisfying...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: January 31, 2018, 02:16:01 pm »

I only saw them fixing it doing no damage on headshot in the last patch, where was this?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: January 31, 2018, 02:51:08 pm »

Yeah, I got it wrong before. They didn't remove the ability to deal headshots, they just removed the headshot modifier so headshots deal the same damage as bodyshots while still counting as a headshot.
The means the nerf does even less then I thought it did, as Harrows buffs and "on headshot"-mods will still trigger.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: January 31, 2018, 03:11:10 pm »

I've been enjoying the cornith shotgun myself.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: February 05, 2018, 10:49:36 pm »

Massive reorganization of weapon MR requirements alongside a huge wave of buffs to underperforming weapons.

As a taster:

Latron Prime:
    Mastery Rank increased from 0 to 10
    Damage increased from 85 to 90
    Status Chance increased from 25 to 26%
    Critical chance increased from 15% to 22%
    Critical damage increased from 2.5x to 2.8x

Tiberon:
    Mastery Rank increased from 4 to 10
    Status chance increased from 2.5% to 16%
    Critical chance increased from 5% to 26%
    Critical damage increased from 2x to 2.4x
    Damage decreased from 60 to 44

Twin Rogga:
    Mastery Rank increased from 8 to 9
    Damage increased from 40 to 47
    Status chance increased from 15% to 33%

Prisma Gorgon:
    Mastery Rank increased from 4 to 10
    Status chance increased from 5% to 15%
    Critical chance increased from 15% to 30%
    Critical Damage increased from 2x to 2.3x
    Damage decreased from 25 to 23

Holy fucking shit. It's what we've been waiting years for.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: February 05, 2018, 11:14:25 pm »

It's nice to see some of the weapons get some buffs. It'd be nice to see them go back and add some things that they have in more recent weapons such as different firing sounds when the magazine is nearly empty. As someone who played Planetside 2 quite a bit having that audio cue is really nice. I also liked the idea of the Strun's reload mechanic where you load one at a time, but I'm afraid the Corinth(?) is going to simply be better because it has that pump action feel I like.

Seems they buffed the Stradavar too. That's a gun that I love the look of but haven't gotten to really use extensively yet.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: February 05, 2018, 11:38:18 pm »

Supra
Mastery Rank increased from 7 to 12
Status Chance increased from 5% to 22%
Critical chance increased from 2.5% to 20%
Critical damage increased from 1.5x to 1.8x
Increased Projectile Speed
Increased accuracy while aiming
Damage decreased from 45 to 36

Oh baby. I think it may end up hurting the Supra since its damage was mediocre at higher levels already....but crits and procs and faster projectile speed along with better ADS accuracy is going to make it insanely good at everything before that.

Sicarus
Status chance increased from 5% to 6%
Critical chance increased from 15% to 16%
Recoil decreased while aiming
Damage decreased from 40 to 30

This seems like kind of a nerf though. 1% status and crit and reduced recoil while aiming doesn't justify a 25% reduction in damage IMO.

Kulstar
Mastery Rank increased from 4 to 5
Changed contact damage from Explosion to Impact
Added guaranteed Knockdown to contact damage
Contact damage increased from 175 to 200
Radial damage increased from 200 to 300
Status chance increased from 10% to 19%
Critical chance increased from 5% to 17%
Critical damage increased from 2x to 2.3x
Ammo capacity decreased from 30 to 12
Improved projectile trail FX of the bomblets after the initial explosion
Added recoil
Decreased accuracy

Jesus christ....The Kulstar is a weapon so powerful, so fucking dangerous I can only use it on Inaros and even he can easily blow himself to pieces with it. The ammo reduction hurts but my god....an overall increase in damage, crit chance and damage and status chance? Mmmmaaayyyybbbbeee changing its base damage to Impact will nerf it down pretty hard but I'm expecting this thing will wreck even harder now.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 11:43:52 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: February 06, 2018, 12:03:36 am »

This seems like kind of a nerf though. 1% status and crit and reduced recoil while aiming doesn't justify a 25% reduction in damage IMO.
Nominally all the changes seem to be aimed at bringing weapons up to par with others in the same MR range. Since most are getting an MR increase, most are getting pretty heavy buffs. Sicarus is supposed to be in the 0-3 range with stuff like the Seer, Lato, and Furis, so it sorta makes sense from that perspective. Helps that only a couple things got tapped like that.

By the by, folks, if you want to get ahead of the curve on Rivens for stuff that wasn't popular or very good, do it now. Managed to snag an unrolled crit chance + other eh stuff Tiberon riven for 35p.

3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: February 06, 2018, 12:09:13 am »

It doesn't mention anything about the bomblets damage type, nenjin. Thats just for whatever you smack in the face with the primary projectile with.

Also, Kulstar is great for bless/link trin
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 12:11:27 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: February 06, 2018, 12:11:43 am »

Also they more than doubled the base damage on Tysis. I've already got a riven for it that's something stupid like +440% damage. Don't even need the status procs against most starchart content after this.

3. Run Resize Enable

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: February 06, 2018, 01:41:23 pm »

So I have a question. Does the open world section that they added in more intensive of your computer than normal warframe?
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 133