Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 236070 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1365 on: July 08, 2018, 04:53:06 am »

While I'm not going to shame those who didn't watch the TennoLive show...Holy damn it was totally worth it.
The full stream (and neatly cut-up parts of it) are up on YT, but in short:

No ETAs were given for basically any of this, but I wouldn't expect them to come out for quite a while still, especially the Railjack and New War, but it's still very exciting to see where the game is heading. I haven't been this hyped up for anything in absolute forever, and it's extremely great to be able to feel that way again!

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: July 08, 2018, 07:01:52 am »

I know it's probably not going to happen but if my pc account unlocks would transfer over to the switch I'd be so happy. Otherwise I'll probably never touch it because I have too much time (and a bit of money) invested on one platform already.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: July 08, 2018, 08:04:48 am »

This sounds like what the Archwing should have been to begin with.

As cool as this sounds, how do you benefit from using one over an Archwing?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: July 08, 2018, 03:25:35 pm »

You don't have nauseating movement and get shot out of the sky constantly. Let me count the ways in which I hate archwing, not least of all the fact that it behaves wildly differently in every single different variation. Space archwing controls differently from sharkwing controls differently from plains flight and all of them are miserable.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: July 08, 2018, 03:38:45 pm »

He sold...everything? D:

Just when I got a good grakata riven mod and was looking for a prisma grakata...  Wish I knew about it beforehand.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: July 08, 2018, 03:59:24 pm »

I gotta applaud this as pushing toward unifying all the types of gameplay in Warframe, something I've been waiting for them to do for a long time. Archwing may not be good but maybe when it's tied more closely to other gameplay than essentially being optional or mission only, they'll work on it more. Although this is DE we're talking about. They've made so many systems now it's hard to expect any one of them to get a mechanics or content pass. Like, with Venus, with the PoE ever have more content?

Didn't expect the FTL thing, which looks pretty great. I gotta give it to DE. I may not always agree with the look or the format or the difficulty or the mechanics or, well, a lot of the directions they have gone in WF. But they're constantly pushing the boundaries of the game outward and I respect that, even if it does come with a fairly heavy dose of grindy mechanics and content.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: July 08, 2018, 04:10:05 pm »

Venus plains is cool and all but I thought Earth Plains kinda sucked.

I just hate how the objectives are miles apart.  Its just not fun to traverse because most of the movement WF is built around doesn't really work in a wide open field.  Just bullet jump for an hour straight.  Its even worse if you try multiplayer, now your team is a km away waiting for you or someone else.  I've tried faster frames like volt or zephyr but its still just miserable.

Not to mention most of the stuff you could get out of it requires more work out of just the Plains.  If something requires a normal resource there's probably a dozen things I could do on the starchart to work towards getting that resource.  Meanwhile if I want to build a spear it requires thousands of standing, many fish brains, a bunch of alloys, and a partridge in a pear tree, which can only be found bumbling on the plains, at specific places and specific times often enough.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: July 08, 2018, 04:37:47 pm »

Baro is there, but only if you bought a special item from the market before today. Apparently he is selling every item he has ever sold at any point, all at once.
It's not a special item in the market, it's for people who bought the Tennocon Digital Ticket.

Though to be honest, you'd need to grind like hell to make that Baro truly worth it.

Meanwhile, we plebs will get regular Baro next friday.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: July 08, 2018, 09:25:26 pm »

I'm not sure why people complain about movement on the PoE, the place is so small you can cross it *very* quickly simply by bullet jumping. On the archwing it is absolutely trivial to get where you are going.

Anyway, this morning I decided to grind the blueprints from the bosses of the low level planets I had finished long ago. I now have 6 warframes being constructed, to add to my current 9. Sadly, I have no free warframe slots, so I can see lots of platinum grinding in my future.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: July 08, 2018, 09:30:49 pm »

Sure, bullet jumping a million times.  My hand ends up hurting after doing a handful of bounties.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: July 09, 2018, 12:31:46 am »

Will be less of an issue when the Back To The Future Hoverboards are in.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: July 09, 2018, 02:25:54 am »

Can't you also use your archwing in the plains, as well as hijack grineer dargyns?

Best part of the reveal was definitely We All Lift Together!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: July 09, 2018, 10:35:44 am »

It looks like the official solution to the broken Ash Prime Twitch drop is in. Not sure how long it will take before it goes into effect.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1378 on: July 09, 2018, 11:09:02 am »

Oh, in other news: Nyx Prime and Rhino Prime are confirmed to be unvaulted soon!

Rhino Prime are confirmed to be unvaulted soon!

Rhino Prime

Oh my god yes. I will get that fantastic bastard and never ever switch warframe ever again until Rhino Umbra.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: July 09, 2018, 04:57:23 pm »

Oh my god yes. I will get that fantastic bastard and never ever switch warframe ever again until Rhino Umbra.

My thoughts exactly :P I love Rhino, and I can't imagine how much more awesome a prime version with a reactor installed will be.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 133