Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 235883 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1410 on: July 18, 2018, 10:11:35 pm »

I got a complete lex prime set, if anybody wants to buy it off me. (I'm not high enough level for it)
You will be high enough level eventually.
Otherwise, Warframe Market.
In the short term, the sweet sweet plat would be more useful for me.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: July 18, 2018, 11:32:37 pm »

The Lex Prime is IMHO the second best sidearm in the game, with the Aklex Prime being #1. I actually have two of them, just waiting till the day I hit MR 15 and can make the Aklex... Sadly, I'm MR 12 right now :(

The Riven I got from TWW is MR 15 as well. The day I take that MR 15 test will be like Christmas, all the cool toys will come out :P
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: July 19, 2018, 03:16:21 am »

The Aklex Prime is inferior due to its imperfect precision while still keep a slow rate of fire, so I recommend you to keep one Lex Prime aside.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 03:19:05 am by Boltgun »

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: July 19, 2018, 07:13:23 am »

Aklex prime is far superior to the Lex prime! This is fashion frame after all, and if you abide by the rule of cool 2 guns are better than 1.  :P

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: July 19, 2018, 08:19:09 am »

I personally like the Pandero! Sure, the Lex/Aklex hits like a truck, but the Pandero still hits pretty hard, but with almost no recoil and a super fast reload. Even better is that the Pandero's secondary fire fans the hammer, which makes the Lex's damage look like nothing in comparison. Also gets rid of nullie bubbles right away :P

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: July 19, 2018, 09:27:47 am »

The Lex Prime is IMHO the second best sidearm in the game, with the Aklex Prime being #1. I actually have two of them, just waiting till the day I hit MR 15 and can make the Aklex... Sadly, I'm MR 12 right now :(

The Riven I got from TWW is MR 15 as well. The day I take that MR 15 test will be like Christmas, all the cool toys will come out :P
I must contest this.  The Prime AkStiletto is the best.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: July 19, 2018, 04:02:46 pm »

You know how they made it so single handed pistols can be used in conjunction with glaives? It'd be cool if they did something similar but with one handed swords or other one handed weapons.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: July 19, 2018, 10:06:02 pm »

I must contest this.  The Prime AkStiletto is the best.
Nothing beats the badassness of the Marelok's firing animation.  Except maybe a combination of a Marelock and a kestrel.

Well, I suppose the staticor comes close, considering it is literally a kamehameehadoken thrower.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 10:09:38 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: July 19, 2018, 10:07:50 pm »

Akstiletto is great but unless you're packing ammo lunches your teammates will hate you.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: July 19, 2018, 10:10:41 pm »

I've been having fun with a Soma Prime with maxed out speed trigger and shred as well as crit boosts and increased clip size. Though I do run out of ammo quite quickly if I am not careful.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: July 19, 2018, 10:13:40 pm »

So I got a bow for the first time.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 10:18:02 pm by Japa »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: July 19, 2018, 10:15:06 pm »

I was going to say wrong meme, but turns out it's the right one. Spoiler it, though, it's going to be hell on phone users.

Also might as well crosspost what I said on the own thread:
I did it. I actually did it. With only my best friend and the idiot bots, I ran the index for 1 full hour, braved the bullshit unkillable, unstunable osprey and defeated John Prodman (who is utterly immune to Covert Lethality).

Build used was two Ash Primes with fatal teleport, armed with rivened Panthera, AkStilleto Prime, and Sheev with covert lethality.

Spoiler: The Proof (click to show/hide)

My hands are aching, but holy crap it is done.

Warframe
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: July 19, 2018, 10:21:42 pm »

The index is one of the things I have not even touched even though I got access to it long ago.  I hear it's like an arena thing but if you join a pug everybody expects you to know what you are doing, which I do not, thus I never even touched it.

Anything I should know?  I figure I may as well take a crack at it soon.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: July 19, 2018, 10:46:27 pm »

You win by getting 50/75/100 points (depending on mode), every enemy you kill drops a point that you walk over to collect. The objective marker is the goal where you drop points off. The time limit is increased by 10 seconds for every point you drop off, decreased by 10 for every point the enemy mobs drop off. Play the 50 point count mode to start with; the 75 point count mode is more efficient but not by much & is much more difficult. Not many people bother with the hardest mode.

There's only two things you need to know:

If you want to be able to do Index yourself or pick up points in a pub game, I highly recommend bringing Rhino (Nezha works too). Carrying more than a couple points removes almost all your HP/shield, while Rhino's iron skin stays just as strong. He's the only one who can tank hits while carrying a ton of points. If you don't have Rhino or Nezha and you're new, I highly recommend letting other people pick up the points. Almost everyone will be playing Rhino anyway.

The other thing you need to know is that the enemies get slightly stronger every time someone enters the goal, so people won't want you to turn in very low amounts of points unless it would win the round or the time is about to expire. Usually people try to pick up 10-20 before making a goal.

everybody expects you to know what you are doing, which I do not, thus I never even touched it.

I was in the same position as you, but it seems like the game has been simplified so it's a lot harder to screw up. As long as you aren't constantly dying or turning in single-digit points, you're fine.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 10:48:08 pm by Rex_Nex »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: July 19, 2018, 11:13:20 pm »

Excellent, good to know.  While I don't have either of those frames I find my Zephyr is surprisingly tanky impervious to harm with turbulence up. (who needs hp or shield when the enemy literally can't hit you with bullets and yer fast enough to avoid melee?) so I may try my first few rounds with her.  If that does not work out it should be trivial to farm up a Rhino at MR 14.

Thanks for the advice!  I knew what the wiki had told me but those details about mobs getting stronger for every entry into the goal and the not bothering with the highest tier bit is stuff that I had not seen mentioned anywhere and I probably would have run foul of more than once during my learning.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 133