Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 235945 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1425 on: July 19, 2018, 11:26:27 pm »

I hear that index is mainly played to get utter shit-tons of credits.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: July 20, 2018, 12:06:58 am »

Yeah, the Index blows everything out of the water when it comes to credits. I actually think it's broken... I mean, I got a credit booster from my daily tribute and ran the Index for 40 minutes or so. Went from 100k to 1.8m. I suppose it's both the Index being too lucrative and other missions being too stingy; there's not really a reason one specific mission on Neptune should earn credits at 500x the rate of the average mission elsewhere. If I spend 40 minutes in a survival or a defense, I dont think 100k credits is too much to ask for. As it is, 90% of my income comes from a couple index matches per week.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: July 20, 2018, 01:01:07 am »

Yea after gaining confidence from the advice I brought my Corinth/Opticor toting zephyr into index, ran about 6 or 8 times and now I'm at 2.4 mil credits.  I am indeed correct about the enemies not being able to do a damn thing to a zephyr with turbulence up.  Even with it not up just bullet jumping around taking portshots is enough to avoid 99% of the damage sent my way.  I don't think most of them even know what the opticor targeting marker means.  Only one who dodges it I think is just scripted to dodge when he's looked at and the rest just stand there with drool hanging out of their mouths before taking a BFG to the face.

As long as you know where the health and energy pickups are you will dominate.  I like conclave, this is like conclave, except you don't have to make a special loadout for it and your opponents are as smart as particularly dumb blocks of wood.  The only challenge at all is that they outnumber you 2 or 3 to 1.  I might have a new favorite mission.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 01:02:46 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: July 20, 2018, 02:52:52 am »

The Lex Prime is IMHO the second best sidearm in the game, with the Aklex Prime being #1. I actually have two of them, just waiting till the day I hit MR 15 and can make the Aklex... Sadly, I'm MR 12 right now :(

The Riven I got from TWW is MR 15 as well. The day I take that MR 15 test will be like Christmas, all the cool toys will come out :P
I must contest this.  The Prime AkStiletto is the best.
Nothing beats the badassness of the Marelok's firing animation.  Except maybe a combination of a Marelock and a kestrel.

Well, I suppose the staticor comes close, considering it is literally a kamehameehadoken thrower.

Dual Grakatas with fire rate mods: "Hold my beer!"

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: July 20, 2018, 03:19:32 am »

RE: Turning in points during Index missions: If you do the math there are only two amounts worth turning in: 5 and 15. Turing 10 in is exactly like turning 5 in twice (5 gives 2 bonus points, 10 gives 4), turning in 20 three times ends up giving less bonus than turning in 15 four times. If you cannot safely carry 15 points, then turn in at 5, otherwise try for 15. (bonus points are capped at 20, so tuning in 25 gives the same bonus as 20)

The only exception to this rule is when you are trying for time, not maxing your points. If trying to go for as long as possible (to get John Prodman), turning in as little as possible is best.

Whatever you do, don't be the guy who carries too many and dies. Unless you really know what you are doing and are properly geared, swallow your pride and turn in at 5, you will make more money that way.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: July 20, 2018, 05:39:39 am »

In all fairness, credits is all The Index is good for (as important as they may be) - any other resources need to be gotten elsewhere. So it's not like you can just do that a bunch of times and never need to farm anything ever again.
[shrug]
Now if there was an equally efficient way to gain tons of Endo...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 05:41:24 am by Mesa »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: July 20, 2018, 07:46:38 am »

There are a few options:
- Doing the archwing timed race mission in Phobos over and over. It gives less endo than the other options, but if you have any weapon that's not the imperator and the experimental flight mode on, you can finish it in about two minutes or less.
- Vodyanoi: The highest level Rathuum gives a lot of endo if you can not get massacred.
- T3 Excavations: They can give a ton of endo, and also enough cryotic for all those items that need bullshit quantities of it (weeps in Vauban Prime). Since you'll be staying a while here, you'll want either Limbo or Wukong.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: July 20, 2018, 09:37:57 pm »

There are a few options:
- Doing the archwing timed race mission in Phobos over and over. It gives less endo than the other options, but if you have any weapon that's not the imperator and the experimental flight mode on, you can finish it in about two minutes or less.
- Vodyanoi: The highest level Rathuum gives a lot of endo if you can not get massacred.
- T3 Excavations: They can give a ton of endo, and also enough cryotic for all those items that need bullshit quantities of it (weeps in Vauban Prime). Since you'll be staying a while here, you'll want either Limbo or Wukong.

I usually just go for infested excavation and go with Vauban. If endo is what you're after you shouldn't be staying long either way but rather run 2 excavators and leave since reward rotation is AABC and only rotation A gives endo. Vauban with high duration is great because you can just pop your bastille and/or vortex to stop the infested from reaching the excavators and you can leave for the exit early as long as your bastille has the duration needed to cover the remainder of the excavator's time. With going for only 2 excavators and leaving quickly you're looking at rather short runs with an average of 200 endo per run or 100 endo average per excavator, staying long term is only 50 endo average per excavator. There's a reason Vauban Prime requires cryotic, he's really good at excavation.

I'd still rather do rathum with a full group with 2+ desecrate Nekros and slash weapons, ridiculous endo income with a good group. 2 nekros for loot, a nidus to spam pull and control enemies, a trinity to keep everyone topped off, but if you have a good loadout you don't need the trin.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 09:43:19 pm by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: July 22, 2018, 03:03:35 pm »

Japa, still want an invite? I'm back in town now. I can promote you to the level you'll be able to scratch your interior decorator's needs.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: July 22, 2018, 09:48:02 pm »

Sure, my warframe name is jonillo.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: July 22, 2018, 11:14:21 pm »

Says you're still in a clan.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: July 22, 2018, 11:20:17 pm »

Yeah, I'll leave the clan when I'm home from work. (The clan I left re-invited me the next day, which is nice because I got a phat amount of endo from the ascension ceremony)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: July 23, 2018, 08:23:35 am »

Says you're still in a clan.
Try again.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: July 23, 2018, 09:10:13 am »

Sorry, crashed out for the night after that last message. I will get you an invite when I'm home from work.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: July 23, 2018, 04:45:41 pm »

The Aklex Prime is inferior due to its imperfect precision while still keep a slow rate of fire, so I recommend you to keep one Lex Prime aside.
Yeah but it looks fucking amazing and lets you use the Perla dual pistol skin (which, incidentally, is hilarious on all machine pistols as it makes them look like revolvers... but they retain their natural recoil animation).

Speaking of, if any of y'all that I'm halfway familiar with need Axlex Prime links and BPs, I've still got a few sets kicking around that I'll toss your way for favorable prices (i.e. 50p-ish) in lieu of haggling with people in trade chat.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 133