Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 234257 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1440 on: July 23, 2018, 04:56:15 pm »

As long as we're on the topic, anyone got any Soma Prime Parts? I think I just need the receiver to complete it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: July 23, 2018, 05:40:07 pm »

Invite is sent. I'll promote you later on tonight.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: July 24, 2018, 07:18:05 pm »

Promoted. FWIW, not many people pay attention to things that need contributions beyond clan research. And since you're new you're probably strapped for materials and cash. So if there's something you started you'd like help with, let me know. Outside of the big ticket resources like Forma or Orokin Cells or Cryotic or Kuva or Oxium, I've got plenty of other stuff.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: July 25, 2018, 12:21:34 pm »

So, how are the relic farms going everyone?

I basically have everything from the Lith relics, and I'm working on farming up the Meso relic. This is very slow sadly...

Speaking of "almost everything": As a special offer to Bay12 members, I'll trade a Rhino Prime Neuro BP for a Scindo Prime BP. Straight trade one for the other, no plat or anything. Both items are uncommon drops from the Lith relic, but the Rhino part is worth about 10p more (I just don't feel like messing with trades). First come, first serve. (I'll probably be online in a bit less than an hour, IGN is MiloLC)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: July 25, 2018, 12:26:08 pm »

I haven't done much relic farming lately. I find it pretty damn dull even though it's 1000x better than old relic farming.

Mostly doing PoE stuff. I'd like to have a Zaw built and maybe an upgraded Amp before Fortuna and all the rest of that noise drops.

Yes I know that's pretty backwards in terms of what actually matters in WF, but eh. All the stuff I actually want is vaulted these days and just amassing stuff to sell so I can buy a single Mod every few weeks off of Baro just doesn't motivate me to log on and do something. Plus I feel like you need to actually grind to get the complete set of relic items you need. Casually doing it just results in 30 half complete WFs and weapons that you eventually need a spreadsheet to figure out what you need to complete them.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 12:31:41 pm by nenjin »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: July 25, 2018, 05:01:50 pm »

Relics are ass.  Every prime I own is the result of just opening them randomly and just so happening to get all the parts of a set.  If I consciously go for something and actually refine relics I never get what I'm looking for.  Then I run out of the one relic I need or the void resource to refine them, so I have to grind that for a while instead.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: July 25, 2018, 05:51:22 pm »

I had just gotten caught up on all the primes/relics at the beginning of the year when they suddenly released a new prime warframe. By the time I got that sorted out another one was coming out. I doubt I'll ever really be able to keep up with it with how infrequently I play.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: July 25, 2018, 08:58:43 pm »

Relics are ass.  Every prime I own is the result of just opening them randomly and just so happening to get all the parts of a set.  If I consciously go for something and actually refine relics I never get what I'm looking for.  Then I run out of the one relic I need or the void resource to refine them, so I have to grind that for a while instead.
Still better than towers.

Granted, the ability to target specific drops is pretty much the only way relics are better than towers, but still. Even if the trace grind is one of the aspects of the game designed to encourage buying resource boosters.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: July 25, 2018, 10:05:13 pm »

When it comes to traces I just blow through some capture fissures with relics I don't need. If you don't get someone top drop a part you need or a rare part you can usually at least get a forma out of it. As long as people aren't screwing around you can do capture missions pretty damn quick.

Speaking of capture missions, I just found out that you can get the relics for the unvaulted stuff from Void capture missions (except for axi relics) which means roughly 1 relic per 1-2 minutes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: July 25, 2018, 10:12:34 pm »

For farming fissures, I find that certain mission types are way better than others, when it comes down to efficiency. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't realise that and go for Defence and Survival instead. Mind you, Defence can be good if there is one or more frames like Mesa, Reverberating Quake Banshee, Saryn or a nuke-build Limbo, who all do really well in these sorts of missions (as long as they remember to let enemies get corrupted first, which some don't).

But the ones to open relics real fast? Capture (but you have to run straight for extraction once you do the capture and get the reagents), Interception, and Excavation.

'Course, it helps that I like both Interception and Excavation and am damn good at the former.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: July 25, 2018, 10:16:47 pm »

I enjoy defense missions more, primarily because I don't feel like I'm just bullet jumping past all the content.  But yea capture missions are definitely the quickest.  I find it's a balance between enjoyment and doing it as efficiently as possible.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: July 25, 2018, 10:19:36 pm »

Survival seems like a good idea, but I've often failed to collect enough traces by the 3rd rotation to open a relic. It's annoying because people spread out during survival, and so the drops spread out, and I swear the drop rate on traces starts to tank the higher the waves go. Between those two things, I find myself scrambling to collect traces instead of killing stuff.

So yeah, I'd rather run 1 capture mission at a time than have to make pressured relic decisions and choices during survival, and spend most of the match chasing down traces.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: July 25, 2018, 10:29:47 pm »

Survival seems like a good idea, but I've often failed to collect enough traces by the 3rd rotation to open a relic. It's annoying because people spread out during survival, and so the drops spread out, and I swear the drop rate on traces starts to tank the higher the waves go. Between those two things, I find myself scrambling to collect traces instead of killing stuff.

So yeah, I'd rather run 1 capture mission at a time than have to make pressured relic decisions and choices during survival, and spend most of the match chasing down traces.
Frankly, the thing that makes survival the worst to do relics is because you only crack open one relic every five minutes. This is rivalled only by Mobile Defence because the Lotus is a terrible hacker who takes too long.

Spy missions can be pretty fast too, but I only run those solo or with my best friend because it's so easy to mess up and ruin everything if you haven't burned the vaults into your memory.

But, and this is the most important thing: you should play whatever mission you find fun. I just find survival to be the least fun endless mission around, so opening relics at a snail's pace in them makes it even worse.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: July 25, 2018, 10:32:44 pm »

Spy missions are dope solo. I love figuring out new tilesets. There's only one type that I haven't figured out how to consistently do undetected, and that's one where you need to do extreme parkour, apparently.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: July 25, 2018, 10:39:04 pm »

I too enjoyed doing Spy missions solo. The rare time I feel like you get to appreciate WF at a moderate pace. But once you know the layouts they're a little less fun to do. Operators also trivialize a good chunk of the obstacles now. Or you play Loki.

But Survival is straight up the most enjoyable mission type to me. Bathing in the endless murder stream is to me the best part of WF outside of the movement. Exterminate, Capture, Excavation, Assassination, Interception, Sabotage...all the other missions are things to be blown through as fast as possible. Mobile Defense is spicey for 3 minutes three times and it's over, and Defense has the long pauses between enemies or when one of them glitches out and you have to hunt them down.

Survival though.....that's where the game is the spiciest. At 45 minutes on almost any map, the game is throwing everything it can at you and the spawns are so thick there are guys to kill every time you turn around. Dodging, rolling, gliding, all while shooting or meleeing your guts out, it's glorious. It's the only time I've ever felt the game even remotely comes close to having a sense of balance. Everything else is either far too easy and not threatening, an annoying boss fight, or level 100+ enemies where everything but the most broken combos fall apart. "At level" survival once you've survived enough waves to get things rolling is where how good your gear is and how well you move come together and you actually get in to a flow state. The only downside is the time you have to invest in the mission to get it to that point....but high enough level gameplay keeps the challenge semi-relevant until you get there.

By comparison I find pretty much every other mission type a necessary waste of my time or wholly focused on just getting to where you're going as quickly and stylishly as possible. No other mission type lets me get into that WF flow state for a satisfying amount of time except Survival or very, very high level endless variants, all of which will usually have a failure point other than being overwhelmed as part of the bargain.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 10:45:35 pm by nenjin »
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 133