Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 236051 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1455 on: July 26, 2018, 01:28:32 am »

I love Spy, Survival, and Capture. Spy and Survival for the reasons you mentioned, and Capture because of how quickly I can get the objective out of the way and just explore.

Defense missions could be fun, but between builds that kill enemies as they spawn in and the enemy AI getting stuck constantly, I tend to avoid playing them for anything other than game-y affinity farming on Hydron or Helene. DE should think about teleporting stuck mobs to you instead of making you track down each one - that alone would be a huge improvement.

Regardless, all of the endless modes are pretty fun if you get the right group together and progress far enough that the challenge & rewards are more exciting. The problem is that almost no pub group will want to go that far, so if you can't bring your own friends you're not likely to experience that very often.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: July 26, 2018, 04:13:13 am »

For some reason I'm still kind of waiting for a game mode where you can just go wild on an endless randomly-generated ship. No oxygen meter to worry about like in Survival, mind. Just you, enemies, and your weapons.

Implementing such a possibility would probably result in all sorts of problems I probably don't even know exist, but hey, a guy can dream, right?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: July 26, 2018, 06:19:58 am »

I mean, nobody's stopping you from killing random Grineers in the Plains of Eidolon.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: July 26, 2018, 03:12:43 pm »

Yea but that's not randomly generated, and at night little unkillable bastards show up to ruin your day along with big unkillable bastards that just like to wander into you and fuck up your shit while you are minding your own business fishing.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: July 26, 2018, 10:41:01 pm »

On a whim, I decided to transmute rare index mods. I got Healing Return and Condition Overload. Holy shit, this is highly unlinkely.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: July 26, 2018, 10:43:29 pm »

If you mean the little sentient dudes, they are most definitely killable.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: July 27, 2018, 02:50:30 am »

I forget annotations don't show up on some browsers :P  I am aware that they can be killed with 5, but I didn't want to spoilz.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: July 27, 2018, 08:35:39 am »

On a whim, I decided to transmute rare index mods. I got Healing Return and Condition Overload. Holy shit, this is highly unlinkely.

Nice! That is super lucky.

Reminds me of how my first riven (the free one you get from a quest) ended up being three perfect mods for one of the most meta weapons. Didn't have a good downside to go with it (rivens with a penalty have stronger positive attributes), but it was the perfect way to jumpstart my account!

Sadly that was the only time I ever got a good riven, but we won't talk about that :P
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 08:37:51 am by Rex_Nex »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: July 27, 2018, 12:15:24 pm »

Reminds me of how my first riven (the free one you get from a quest) ended up being three perfect mods for one of the most meta weapons. Didn't have a good downside to go with it (rivens with a penalty have stronger positive attributes), but it was the perfect way to jumpstart my account!

Sadly that was the only time I ever got a good riven, but we won't talk about that :P

Just keep plugging away. You're going to have your work cut out for you farming Kuva to reroll good ones to good stats anyways, so you've got a grace period for that since you got lucky. I've got Opticor and Vectis ones from drops... but I also had ~50 rivens that ranged from so-so off-meta weapons I like to sentinel weapons (over and fucking over). In my experience a desirable stat spread usually takes 30-40 rerolls.

Also, Baro has Primed Target Cracker and Primed Heated Charge this week. Get you some.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: July 27, 2018, 12:40:00 pm »

Just keep plugging away. You're going to have your work cut out for you farming Kuva to reroll good ones to good stats anyways, so you've got a grace period for that since you got lucky. I've got Opticor and Vectis ones from drops... but I also had ~50 rivens that ranged from so-so off-meta weapons I like to sentinel weapons (over and fucking over). In my experience a desirable stat spread usually takes 30-40 rerolls.

Also, Baro has Primed Target Cracker and Primed Heated Charge this week. Get you some.
He's also got got Primed Quick Draw (which is as new as it gets, didn't even exist prior to this) and Primed Slip Magazine, which you should get for the novelty. Also Prisma Dual Cleavers, which is a pretty good dual sword.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: July 27, 2018, 04:23:02 pm »

We have a Tactical Alert on our hands (apparently the first one in 1.5 years? Surely the first time I see one)!

Proxy Rebellion - three (and a bonus fourth) lengthy missions where you only fight Corpus proxies and get sweet rewards for each one, including the super-sweet-and-super-elusive Rift Sigil for the final, bonus mission. But also Endo, an Exilus Adapter, Orokin Cataclyst+Reactor, and a whole bunch of credits to boot.

(Some of) My friends have already done it and I'm now kind of struggling because it's deceptively tough (and a slog, really - 20 waves of defense followed by 3 rounds of interception followed by 20 minutes of surival followed by 20 rounds of defense).

It lasts for 3 days.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: July 27, 2018, 04:35:29 pm »

The rift sigil is a cosmetic thing right? I might give it a pass just because I'm still trying to collect primes. I just tried the first one though because I figured a level 15-20 defense mission would be easy. Well, it was easy since I had a nuke frame but they keep throwing hyenas at you, one which can oneshot you if you let it get too close. This is obviously designed to be played in a group.

E: what is 'mission score'?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 04:40:32 pm by Ozyton »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: July 27, 2018, 04:48:04 pm »

The rift sigil is a cosmetic thing right? I might give it a pass just because I'm still trying to collect primes. I just tried the first one though because I figured a level 15-20 defense mission would be easy. Well, it was easy since I had a nuke frame but they keep throwing hyenas at you, one which can oneshot you if you let it get too close. This is obviously designed to be played in a group.

E: what is 'mission score'?

Usually when there is an event, the game is totaling the amount of time/collections/kills/whatever you've done in the event missions. At the end of the event mission scores are totaled on an individual basis to determine what yor reward will be (if there's something given at the end of the event), and more importantly, on a clan basis to decide what special commemorative statue or junk each clan is awarded.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 04:52:11 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: July 27, 2018, 06:01:31 pm »

The proxy rebellion defense missions are absolutely the worst. 20 waves long, stacked with Energy Drain Eximus units, and deceptively difficult compared to the stated difficulty. They can be completely pretty easily if you know what you're getting into (i.e bring energy restores and any defensive frame, or bring a trinity into a pub), but losing a half hour into the defense because you didn't know what was up ahead of time is a real killer. I had a full squad and we still had to leave on enemy alive multiple times while the point regenerated.

The things I'll do for a catalyst, though...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: July 27, 2018, 06:17:40 pm »

I did them all just recently.  As I said earlier I like defense so those were not that hard for me.  (Play Zephyr, stand by the defense objective, hit 3, laugh as nothing can hit either you or the defense objective for 30 seconds, repeat.)

The Interception mission was mad easy.  So much that my pug group thought it was bugged, they were only attacking my point, and they would only come one or two at a time.  And as I was packing an opticor which is capable of hitting damage numbers in the tens of thousands, there was literally no difference in time to kill between a moa and a hyena.  Everything was just one shot.  So we were basically just chatting through the whole match and watching a BFG fire every few seconds.

Only one I really had trouble with was the survival one, and even that probably would have been a cakewalk if I had bothered to swap out my opticor for a decent crowd weapon like a corinth or something.  You definitely want a party for them.  But you don't really need a lot of cohesion a Pug group is plenty good enough.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 133