Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 235979 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1470 on: July 27, 2018, 07:40:37 pm »

The defense missions (especially the last one) were hell, two frosts primes and a trinity still made it hard difficult to do.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: July 27, 2018, 08:04:11 pm »

So far it went:
- Defense was absolutely hellish and took me like four attempts (in public, but still).
- Interception was a total cakewalk, but frankly after being so frustrated with the Defense one I appreciated the relief.
- Survival was...a bit chaotic towards the end, but manageable.

I still need to do the bonus Defense one because I gotta snag that Rift Sigil, but I'm not looking forward to that...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: July 27, 2018, 08:06:01 pm »

Starting to grind for Axi relics... man, I forgot how much of a pain it is to only get one every ~20 minutes or so, and then most likely you won't even get the correct one. The interception PUGS I ran were pretty good at least.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: July 28, 2018, 11:54:55 am »

The hardest part of the first defense was listening to the others whine while my Inaros demolished stuff with his Hek.

The Intercept was so trivial it wasn't even funny. I brought Limbo, but basically din't bother to use his abilities. We still lost a few points because some dumbass pubs can't understand the concept of defending a point.

Survival was pretty easy, once again with Inaros. Nothing special, I even took the opportunity to level up my operator Amp.

The last defense I brought Limbo again, and while a little harder than the first, it was still pretty trivial.

I don't exactly have the best gear, or even all that good of gear. My best weapon is far and away my Hek, and that only does about 22k damage (no primed mods or rivens and it is a few forma short of what I want it to be). As for warframes, once again no primed mods, or even Umbral mods, at least in the ones I used.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: July 28, 2018, 12:36:39 pm »

I used Trinity Prime on the first defense, Limbo on interception and Inaros on the survival. The first defense people complained about not having enough energy despite my use of EV. Interception was cake, and survival I got stuck in a stair at the 6 minute mark and people kept reviving me so I couldn't respawn and get unstuck.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: July 28, 2018, 01:01:34 pm »

You can cancel being revived and die immediately by holding the interact key (default: X) while in bleedout.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: July 28, 2018, 01:04:47 pm »

Type /unstuck

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: July 28, 2018, 01:07:31 pm »

I tried to use /unstuck, and it didn't work. Tried to hold the "die and revive" button, and it didn't work. Sometimes the controls on PS4 bug and hold a button down, usually R2 which is what happened to me, because I would always start drawing in enemies automatically to use them to revive.

Very annoying.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: July 28, 2018, 02:58:31 pm »

1 - 3 was trivial.

4 I failed on the 4th wave because we had like, no defensive cordon. Came back a second time with a competent Frost and yeah, while we went down a few times each we didn't really struggle.

It's basically just Corpus Defense at the sortie level, with Hyenas added in.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: July 28, 2018, 03:07:24 pm »

The main threat of those missions are the magnetic hyenas. I managed to do the 4th one in the first go by going wild with Mesa's peacemaker, which was what kept the artifact from falling given that the party was Mesa (myself), Loki Prime, Nidus, and Inaros.

The two defence missions are also great to farm weapon/warframe levels, too.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: July 28, 2018, 03:13:03 pm »

In any high level Corpus mission, the most dangerous thing hands down are those mines the Osprey's throw down that project the circular blue light. You can safely ignore those things for pretty much the entire game, but once you get in to the high 80s, and those bastards throw multiples of them together on the ground, you can end up taking several hundred damage the instant you step inside the circles. Most people fail to realize the damage scaling on those things until it's so high that they can go from full health to dead and be like "What killed me?" And very few people take the time to shoot them. They can single handedly wipe a team on defense by dropping 3 or 4 of those on top of the artifact.

By contrast the hyenas's energy drain and various AoE attacks do suck, but they're essentially a DPS check and most people know to focus fire them.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 03:20:04 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: July 28, 2018, 03:19:08 pm »

In any high level Corpus mission, the most dangerous thing hands down are those mines the Osprey's throw down that project the circular blue light. You can safely ignore those things for pretty much the entire game, but once you get in to the high 80s, and those bastards throw multiples of them together on the ground, you can end up taking several hundred damage the instant you step inside the circles. Most people fail to realize the damage scaling on those things until it's so high that they can go from full health to dead and be like "What killed me?" And very few people take the time to shoot them. They can single handedly wipe a team on defense by dropping 3 or 4 of those on top of the artifact.
Further, even if you can survive that, your sentinel probably will die on the spot. Fortunately, you can shoot them.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: July 28, 2018, 03:20:33 pm »

The odds were against us tenno, but we did it
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: July 28, 2018, 03:20:38 pm »

In any high level Corpus mission, the most dangerous thing hands down are those mines the Osprey's throw down that project the circular blue light. You can safely ignore those things for pretty much the entire game, but once you get in to the high 80s, and those bastards throw multiples of them together on the ground, you can end up taking several hundred damage the minute you step inside the circles. Most people fail to realize the damage scaling on those things until it's so high that they can go from full health to dead and be like "What killed me?"
You can shoot the sappers to destroy them, even before they've sent out their first pulse.

My personal woe was energy leech ospreys, that blend in with the others and drain your energy just by existing. They're luckily rare in normal play, but I spent most of the alert with no energy because there was always one somewhere that I didn't immediately prioritize since my gun of choice (Kulstar) isn't great against fliers and ospreys are generally fairly low-threat enemies.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: July 28, 2018, 03:24:28 pm »

As an aside, Kulstar may be my favorite weapon in the game for sheer destructive power. Modded to the gills the damage on Kulstar is incredibly high. It was straight berzerk before they nerfed it. Pity I can only really use it on Inaros because I will invariably suicide with it on any other warframe at some point during the mission.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 133