Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 234258 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1605 on: October 06, 2018, 02:58:16 pm »

The only time I think I might use one is the Grineer bane mod on my dedicated plains loadout... but I don't think those mods are very useful otherwise. Heck, half the time a mission will have multiple factions in it anyway.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: October 06, 2018, 08:59:43 pm »

I have different faction loadouts that I use for sorties, and most of them use bane mods. It's a seperate multiplier that can absolutely boost your dps, though mainly with the Primed variants; the basic bane mods are about equal to using other mods that work universally.

I mostly build melee weapons for specific factions though, and only occasionally primary guns. The few secondaries that I use are all generic weapons that will kill anything, so I won't bother buying these mods.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: October 06, 2018, 09:16:13 pm »

I just build weapons to kill as well as they can and the sheer damage lets me ignore faction resistances. Why have multiple loadouts when you can just demolish pretty much anything up to level 100?

And for folks at or above 100 there's always the Covert Lethality Sheev + Inaros combo.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: October 07, 2018, 03:07:23 am »

My loadouts only belong into two categories; the ones that can get through grineer armor and the ones who don't. It's the only defense that need any thinking to get through. I really like to take my banshee in sorties and lay sonar, remove the armor and slap a viral on enemies, bombards are not so though afterwards.

To be honest I'd like to see DE review the shields and ancients to make them proper threat, not necessarily making them as durable as grineers considering their abilities but at least something so they don't melt against the same stick we use on the grineer.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 03:15:54 am by Boltgun »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: October 08, 2018, 05:07:04 pm »

Razorback is razorBack! 4.5 days to earn a blue potato.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: October 10, 2018, 09:10:26 pm »

Does anyone even use those bane/etc. mods? I can't really ever be bothered to switch my loadouts that extensively
It's usually not worth doing it, because you could place more useful mods in the spot the faction mod would take.

From the Wiki

"The damage increases from faction damage mods affect the base damage of a weapon, instead of adding additional 'elemental' damage. Faction damage mods stack multiplicatively with other mods, thus increasing all damage."

Essentially when hitting a target the bane mod increase comes into play, and then elemental damage comes in based on top of that, meaning that the bane mods can actually be superior then additional elemental mods depending on the build.

It does not show that change on the statistics screen for the weapon, but some of the online weapon builders well show you the effect it will have on dps. I use an excel document, but I understand that http://warframe-builder.com/ is pretty popular.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: October 12, 2018, 06:12:21 pm »

Big update today.

Elite Alerts, called Arbitrations, are now available. Big prizes, but you only get one life. It also introduces a new resource that can be traded with the Arbiters of Hexis. In order to participate, you must have completed the star chart.

Two new weapons, the Pupacyst and the Falcor, are researched in the Infested and Corpus Dojo Research rooms respectively. There's also a new Zastra Dual Dagger and Kludgekil Machete skins.

The log-in rewards have been altered; bigger payouts, options to choose from, and milestone prizes every 50 days. Your payout should be modified by the number of days you've logged in.

The Dojo now has a sandbox room you can place, as well as 41 new sfx to use. There's also 7 new Captura scenes that can be bought from the main six syndicates, and Simaris. Simaris also offers new precepts for Dethcube and Shade.

The gear wheel is unlimited now, as is the number of Kubrow Eggs we can pick up at a time. We can also equip more than one Dragon Key at a time, though that's a bug.

There's also Chimera, a new miniquest. In order to start it, you must have finished The Sacrifice.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: October 12, 2018, 06:13:50 pm »

Infinite Archwing launchers! Yay!

Also, new melee sound effects in advance of Melee 3.0!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: October 12, 2018, 06:26:45 pm »

I missed that part. Lots of little changes and fixes in this update. Apparently they messed up some Operator suits though.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: October 12, 2018, 07:21:26 pm »

Big update today.

Elite Alerts, called Arbitrations, are now available. Big prizes, but you only get one life. It also introduces a new resource that can be traded with the Arbiters of Hexis. In order to participate, you must have completed the star chart.

Two new weapons, the Pupacyst and the Falcor, are researched in the Infested and Corpus Dojo Research rooms respectively. There's also a new Zastra Dual Dagger and Kludgekil Machete skins.

The log-in rewards have been altered; bigger payouts, options to choose from, and milestone prizes every 50 days. Your payout should be modified by the number of days you've logged in.

The Dojo now has a sandbox room you can place, as well as 41 new sfx to use. There's also 7 new Captura scenes that can be bought from the main six syndicates, and Simaris. Simaris also offers new precepts for Dethcube and Shade.

The gear wheel is unlimited now, as is the number of Kubrow Eggs we can pick up at a time. We can also equip more than one Dragon Key at a time, though that's a bug.

There's also Chimera, a new miniquest. In order to start it, you must have finished The Sacrifice.
But wait, there's more! Finishing Chimera gets you a new weapon (as a bluprint that costs ONE THOUSAND DUCATS) with a very interesting gimmick: each time you forma it (the gimmick caps at 5 formas) it's level cap is pushed by 2. So you can have a level 40 weapon and yes it counts for MR.

The Arca Plasmor projectiles now bounce, too.

Finally, there are now Simaris-sold precepts for both the Dethcube and the Shade, both good.

There's probably more stuff, but I likely forgot them.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: October 13, 2018, 03:23:51 am »

One other noteworthy point, the new Arbitration mode drops new mods, which have some interesting potential...

Sharpshooter (Sniper): +15 Energy on Headshot Kill
Cautious Shot (Unique): -90% Self Damage, -15% Total Damage
Power Donation (Aura): -30% Power Strength, +30% Power Strength for teammates
Vigorous Swap (Warframe): On Equip: +165% damage for 3s, +100% Holster Speed
Rolling Guard (Warframe): On Dodge: Become invulnerable for 3s and remove all Status Effects. 7s cooldown.
Adaptation (Warframe): When Damaged: +10% resistance to that Damage Type for 20s. Stacks up to 90%.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: October 13, 2018, 07:27:51 am »

Some of those new mods seem op as fuck. Also sad that multiple dragon keys is a bug rather than a feature.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: October 13, 2018, 07:13:50 pm »

I'm pretty sure multiple keys equipped at once is being left in. Well, for now.

Steve on the subject:
https://clips.twitch.tv/HappyEasyBeefPermaSmug
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: October 19, 2018, 07:29:00 am »

Halloween has come to Warframe!

Day of the Dead skins are available in the shop now. A jack-o-lantern hat and seasonal color palette are just 1 credit each!

A tactical alert is scheduled to start later today, with a sigil and Dread skin as prizes!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: October 19, 2018, 10:13:02 am »

Baro's also here. I might as well post his inventory now and throw in some comments (and do again in the future if people really want it)

(Picture taken from imgur, not my own screenshot)

Not too great for me since the only non-cosmetic I am missing from that selection is the Veritux, but awesome stuff for newer players with the shock mods and the Vulkar.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 133