Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 235864 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1635 on: November 08, 2018, 03:51:33 pm »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: November 08, 2018, 07:53:20 pm »

Enjoying fortuna so far.  Went on a bounty where I was apparently supposed to protect a corpus vehicle.  I one shot it with my corinth the moment it arrived instead.  Every other 'protect the thing' mission has you unabl;e to damage it yourself or you have to damage it a little bit first before you have to protect it.  I suppose everyone gets a learning curve.

Love the k drive.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1637 on: November 08, 2018, 08:20:16 pm »

I know nothing about Fortuna but the theme song and it's probably the first time Warframe manages to hype me this much. Gonna save the robotic proletariat in a few minutes now, just have to throw the steel meridian out the windows first

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: November 08, 2018, 08:29:20 pm »

That song has been stuck in my head off and on for ages.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: November 08, 2018, 08:30:34 pm »

Promo codes from the ARG:
EARSON
TERMINALBIGFLIP

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: November 09, 2018, 06:58:37 am »

So how is this to get back into now?

Did they introduce something to guide returning players for a bit? Because I tried getting back into this about a year or so back and I was completely lost and unable to figure out most of the new stuff and changes and quickly gave up in frustration.

I've considered starting a new account but that'd mean losing some of the cool shit I've gotten and having to grind trough again to get most of it back and I'm not sure how willing I am to sink a couple hundred hours into this just to be where I was some two years back when I originally stopped playing due to burnout.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: November 09, 2018, 07:44:44 am »

Brozime (a Warframe Streamer/Youtuber) has said he will be doing another "free to play" run sometime in the near future. Basically when he does these runs he makes a new character and runs through the game until said character is into the beginning of end game content (without spending any money). This serves as a sort-of "super tutorial", with all kinds of hints and tips for new and returning players. If you find getting (back into) into Warframe to be a daunting prospect waiting until he starts his run and following along will make it very easy.

I'll try to post here when he starts, but it could be weeks or months from now. If you look around on youtube you can probably find the videos from his last such run, even though they are old they are still very useful (new ones would cover PoE and Fortuna).
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: November 16, 2018, 09:24:19 am »

(credit for image goes to reddit user Lord_Dust_Bunny.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: November 16, 2018, 12:54:40 pm »

I've been using my Prisma Angstrum on Orb Valis missions lately. It's super fun hovering above the battlefield with my Archwing, watching squads of Terrans warp in, sending a barrage of missiles in their general direction and watching the bodies fly.

Tempo Royale stance is definitely my first choice for greatswords. Every other attack creates a shockwave that ragdolls enemies in a wide area and pops them straight up in the air. I'm usually able to slice them in two before they hit the ground. Used this recently as I leveled my Gram Prime and Paracesis.

On a note unrelated to Baro, I'm very impressed with the Corpus overhaul. Now we've got mechas leaping at Tenno and spitting out crowd-control effects, Terrans flying around with jetpacks, guys throwing down sentry turrets, a GTA style wanted system, tanky hoverbots that spit out smaller attackbots, giant spiderbots that refuse to die, new varieties of gunships and dropships, and much more. It feels hectic and fun, in a way the Corpus never did before.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: November 17, 2018, 05:00:14 pm »

Just got the spoiler greatsword. I have stanced it with tempo royale from the last baro kiteer, and put it on an eternal war valkyr.  I have completed the build by playing a heavy metal version of "The world Revolving" from deltarune on an infinite loop while meleeing hydron.  It is glorious. 

I am a blender. A spinning exploding blender.  And Grineer blend.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: November 17, 2018, 06:29:15 pm »

Just got the spoiler greatsword. I have stanced it with tempo royale from the last baro kiteer, and put it on an eternal war valkyr.  I have completed the build by playing a heavy metal version of "The world Revolving" from deltarune on an infinite loop while meleeing hydron.  It is glorious. 

I am a blender. A spinning exploding blender.  And Grineer blend.
Want even more awesome? Sink 5 formas into that baby. It gets extra special.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: November 23, 2018, 08:09:53 am »

...have you guys tried the Staticor? I'm 800h into Warframe and I just now decided to put one together, expecting something a little memey like the Sonicor.

Instead I got the best weapon in the game. This thing clears entire screens in under a second with no downtime or self-damage. I thought the Ignis Wraith was a little too good for clearspeed, but this is on a whole different level. Did I mention this is on a secondary?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: November 23, 2018, 02:42:25 pm »

The staticor used to be good, but a few patches ago they suddenly buffed its radius from 2m to 8m... Now it is one of the best guns in the game.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: November 23, 2018, 05:15:31 pm »

I made a bay12 guild because the other one I was in had like two active members. Anybody want in?

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: November 23, 2018, 07:25:59 pm »

Did I mention this is on a secondary?

Warframe has a long history of secondaries being the top dog.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 133