Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 235581 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1725 on: March 01, 2019, 09:18:44 am »

I think one of the rewards in the new Nightwave system outright is slots... haven’t tried it though, so I can’t confirm.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: March 01, 2019, 10:00:07 am »

I think one of the rewards in the new Nightwave system outright is slots... haven’t tried it though, so I can’t confirm.
It is.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: March 01, 2019, 05:53:42 pm »

That sounds really cool. I know what my goal is now.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: March 01, 2019, 08:17:50 pm »

So right, since I am still with my starting warframe and don't really expect to get another any time soon, good idea to throw 20 plat for the mod upgrade thing?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: March 01, 2019, 08:22:50 pm »

So right, since I am still with my starting warframe and don't really expect to get another any time soon, good idea to throw 20 plat for the mod upgrade thing?
The Orokin Reactor? Maybe. It helps a lot, but you need to be aware it's a one time deal (also there might be one for grabs due to devstream?)

It's not that hard to get a second warframe, though. Rhino is on Venus, as stated earlier (just don't use him as a crutch) or Gara, who is amazing, and can be built only with early Cetus stuff.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: March 01, 2019, 08:44:07 pm »

In general, it's prudent to save Orokin Reactors for Primed frames, or new frames who are not likely to get a primed variant any time soon.
But if you like your current frame and don't expect to get primes any time soon, then yeah, unlocking it's full potential is a significant power boost.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: March 01, 2019, 11:26:51 pm »

If you have the mods to fill it. If you just started, you may not, and even if you do, they may not be all that great. I would save your plat, honestly. If you need a new frame, I believe pretty much every boss except for Vor on mercury drops parts, so just plow your way to another boss and have at em.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: March 02, 2019, 05:04:31 am »

My rule of thumb starting out was always: plat is for slots. If you're not buying yourself a nice chunk of plat, it's a pretty inefficient use of them to spend them on Catalysts and Reactors.

Although maybe with this new thing, they won't be like the only premium thing you can't grind out in game anymore.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: March 02, 2019, 07:23:48 am »

Don't buy what you can easily farm! Nightwave offers you a guaranteed Orokin Reactor in the shop (can purchase it with Creds).
Don't put a Reactor in your starting frame. Ew! Build something decent.

Spend plat on slots early on. That's an investment you won't ever regret.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: March 02, 2019, 12:05:44 pm »

No. There are plenty of easy ways to get potatoes (including the new nightwave system and devstream rewards), save your plat for slots. Don't start dropping potatoes and forma until you've played enough stuff to get a better idea of what you enjoy.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: March 02, 2019, 03:04:24 pm »

Don't put a Reactor in your starting frame. Ew! Build something decent.

Excalibur is a starter frame, and is an absolute monster that can carry you through the star chart and beyond. He is overshadowed now by Umbra (heh), but that is some distance away for a newb, and he comes with a reactor already installed. Dropping your first gold potato on Excalibur is not a bad decision.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: March 02, 2019, 03:22:49 pm »

I don't really understand these 10x relic Lotus Gift events.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: March 02, 2019, 05:57:21 pm »

It's a sort of unvault for Saryn

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: March 02, 2019, 06:27:14 pm »

It's a sort of unvault for Saryn

If only there were some sort of way to guarantee relic rewards for solo players.  If I had a plat for every time I got a bronze drop from a radiant relic, I just just buy the damn prime access and excise myself from this dumb system.

I kinda preferred when Lotus Gifts were consistently gold/blue potatoes.  Now its rivens I either can't use or can't be assed to build the weapon for, or relics that have a massive chance to contain nothing of note.  Potates were always useful.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: March 02, 2019, 08:08:54 pm »

Seeing as I have two of each and at least 6 blueprints for each.  I'm fine with them cycling in rewards other than potatoes.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 133