Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 235653 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1740 on: March 02, 2019, 08:21:59 pm »

I kinda preferred when Lotus Gifts were consistently gold/blue potatoes.  Now its rivens I either can't use or can't be assed to build the weapon for, or relics that have a massive chance to contain nothing of note.  Potates were always useful.
You could just sell the veiled rivens. Pistol and Melee Rivens usually go for 15 to 20 plat, while a shotgun can go all the way to 50 plat. Think of them as small plat drops for you if you are not interested in actually using them.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: March 03, 2019, 01:44:07 am »

... for solo players ...

There is what you are doing wrong. Run radshares or something, don't try to crack relics solo, you murder your odds of getting the good stuff.

EDIT: The fastest way to ruin Warframe for yourself is insisting on playing solo. The game is not designed for it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 01:47:46 am by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: March 03, 2019, 02:06:24 am »

Relics are literally the only thing you are practically forced to group up for.  As in you must not have randoms.  Other than maybe the spiderbosses, the now defunct raids, and the nightwave challenge that asks for a friend.  And the Hema but fuck that gun.

What I mean by solo is my both friends list and clan are empty.  Vast majority of the game easily accommodates that.

Honestly most of the prime stuff I actually have, I got by just opening relics at random and just picking from the four choices for shit I don't currently have.  Every time I've tried to game it and try to get something deliberately it takes like 20 fully refined relics, if it drops at all.  Its never worth the time and effort, and feels no better than the primes I got at random.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: March 03, 2019, 02:42:12 am »

... for solo players ...

There is what you are doing wrong. Run radshares or something, don't try to crack relics solo, you murder your odds of getting the good stuff.

EDIT: The fastest way to ruin Warframe for yourself is insisting on playing solo. The game is not designed for it.
I played from ~2013-2016 almost entirely solo. It's perfectly workable for 90-95% of the content in the game, in some ways more and others less than it used to be.

In particular it's reasonable now that you have 4 self-revives per mission rather than per day.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: March 03, 2019, 03:36:53 am »

Excalibur is a starter frame, and is an absolute monster that can carry you through the star chart and beyond. He is overshadowed now by Umbra (heh), but that is some distance away for a newb, and he comes with a reactor already installed. Dropping your first gold potato on Excalibur is not a bad decision.
It is. He'll delete that frame in a few weeks of playing.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: March 04, 2019, 11:53:04 am »

/gets hard carried in level 40 missions

These alerts or whatever probably should tell you the level of the mission.  Since I click those and it throws me into the match, without giving the info.
But, I'm fine with the free loot and carry.

On another note, recently encountered people who set up this nearly invisible barrier, you can't shoot into it, but you can shoot out.  Took me a lot of bullets to figure out that there was something there and my game wasn't bugged.
It also has this ambient sound when you stand inside it.  It gets old really fast.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: March 04, 2019, 12:10:05 pm »

/gets hard carried in level 40 missions

These alerts or whatever probably should tell you the level of the mission.  Since I click those and it throws me into the match, without giving the info.
But, I'm fine with the free loot and carry.

On another note, recently encountered people who set up this nearly invisible barrier, you can't shoot into it, but you can shoot out.  Took me a lot of bullets to figure out that there was something there and my game wasn't bugged.
It also has this ambient sound when you stand inside it.  It gets old really fast.
Likely Frost's bubble with a stupid colour that makes it hard to tell its there.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: March 04, 2019, 12:47:22 pm »

Yeah it can be hard to see if Frost sets their energy color to black. It's actually preferable to other colors because of how easy it is to see in and out of it; with any other color it becomes fairly opaque if you have more than a single bubble down. It shouldn't be nearly invisible though, it's just a slightly smokey glass color. You might want to check your gamma settings!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: March 04, 2019, 12:53:23 pm »

Eh, really, its just I didn't see it at first because I did not know it was a thing.  Now I can recognize it.

Some games, I can just not bother fighting and just focus on collecting loot, let allies spam their persistent yuge area abilities to get all the kills.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: March 04, 2019, 03:13:22 pm »

Oh no, guys. This is probably not a benevolent Frost's bubble but rather Limbo's bubble of ultimate annoyance.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: March 04, 2019, 03:55:21 pm »

Limbo was my first guess.  Forst bubbles are pretty obvious in comparison.  All glowy, angled and snowy.  Limbo bubble is just a color filter.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: March 04, 2019, 04:09:54 pm »

PSA: If you are running the 60m survival for the weekly, don't bring limbo!

Being in the rift shuts off your aura mod, and you will want everyone, or at least most everyone, to have Corrosive Projection. High level Grineer with their armor still on are a bitch to kill, and survival without using life support is all about how fast you can kill near a nekros.

The "perfect party" for this is Frost or Gara, Nekros, Hydroid (with augment) or a second Nekros, and Oberon. Frost or Gara to protect the extractors, Nekros to make more life support drops, Hydroid to make more life support drops, and Oberon to keep everyone alive.

If you are all really good at this kind of thing, then you really don't need my advice do whatever you think is best, but this group is good for people who are having trouble.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 04:13:57 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: March 04, 2019, 04:13:30 pm »

An alternative strategy to deal with the brick-tier Grineer you'll be facing is either Inaros or other blinding warframe plus daggers with covert lethality. Gets a bit boring, but does the job.

Grineer are also nice because unlike Corpus or Infested, I think all of their units have execution animations.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: March 04, 2019, 08:07:30 pm »

Oh no, guys. This is probably not a benevolent Frost's bubble but rather Limbo's bubble of ultimate annoyance.
Limbo was my first guess.  Forst bubbles are pretty obvious in comparison.  All glowy, angled and snowy.  Limbo bubble is just a color filter.

That's a Frost bubble, probably with pure black energy color like I use. It's next to invisible on a lot of tilesets.

For the record, the reason you use pure black energy on certain frames (Frost, Gara, &c.) is because any even slightly bright or colorful energy color will turn their barriers nearly opaque, which makes it a massive pain in the ass to use them effectively. Frost bubble in particular is completely blinding if you're inside one with a bright color, since it also has that blizzard effect inside. Black energy color completely removes the "snow" streaks and turns it into a soapbubble.

Of course, Frosts who don't pop their own bubbles when they're no longer being used (and there's energy to spare) are annoying.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: March 04, 2019, 10:04:18 pm »

Does the game even tell you you can pop your globes with 1?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 133