Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 236136 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1830 on: May 18, 2019, 01:46:43 pm »

I recommend Equinox if going this route, as her sleepy-time spell makes capturing wildlife a breeze. I've heard that Ivara can do the same, though I can't vouch for her as she is the one frame I don't yet have...
Note that using powers disqualifies you from getting a perfect capture worth a bit more reputation. I usually find it easy enough to just jump to a high place downwind of the animal and patiently snipe.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: May 18, 2019, 02:08:09 pm »

Came back to this game after a long break and discovered that Nightwave has more than just four rewards.
Feck.
Nightwave phase 1 is also ending tomorrow. There will be a break before Phase 2 starts, but the plan is to make quests a bit easier to complete, rewards a bit easier to earn, and make it possible to get rewards from previous phases somehow.

As long as weapon and warframe slots are available rewards, I'll be there.

I wonder if/when the titular "Wolf of Saturn Six" is gonna return...

New melee works by tapping the melee button - this both performs a quick melee attack and immediately causes you to switch to your melee weapon. From here, you can do your usual wombo combos, depending on what stance mod you have equipped.

You can now aim your aerial attacks, which will now cause you to shoot towards the ground in the direction of your choice, rather than causing you to shoot straight down towards the ground.

Blocking is now automatic. Simply have your melee weapon out and face the person you're attacking, reducing the amount of damage you receive.

Alt-Fire (Middle Mouse Button by default on PC) is Channeling, I believe.

To swap back to guns, either aim or fire (Right and Left Mouse Buttons by default on PC), which will cause you to fire and immediately swap back to guns again.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: May 18, 2019, 02:41:44 pm »

I recommend Equinox if going this route, as her sleepy-time spell makes capturing wildlife a breeze. I've heard that Ivara can do the same, though I can't vouch for her as she is the one frame I don't yet have...
Note that using powers disqualifies you from getting a perfect capture worth a bit more reputation. I usually find it easy enough to just jump to a high place downwind of the animal and patiently snipe.
I've gotten many perfect captures using Equinox powers.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: May 18, 2019, 02:48:37 pm »

Then the wiki is wrong. I know I missed a perfect capture when I accidentally threw a fireball as Ember, even though it was right after luring, before the critter was anywhere near to hear it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: May 18, 2019, 08:40:32 pm »

yeah, ive not logged into warframe for a while. i dropped in a bit when the plains opened up but now we have 2 open maps with custom melee AND custom guns! im so confused, how do i get started? how did this guy get a pet moa? a trip to the wiki illuminated a few of these questions but wow, i've got a lot of work ahead of me. i was also working on vauban prime, which i still have to do quite a lot of nitrain grinding on

Don't worry too much about the last one, Vauban is pretty much garbage tier right now. He's one of the likely candidates for the next few reworks.

Kitguns (the modular secondaries) are well-worth building out, and max crit is pretty much best across the board. Tombfinger is a handcannon, Rattleguts is a machine pistol that doesn't suck, Catchmoon is a mini-Arca Plasmor, and the last one is not very good. Super-exploitable too; reliable red crit builds are perfectly doable with an appropriate riven.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: May 19, 2019, 04:58:18 am »

During one of the recent (within last two months) they stated that Vauban was at the top of the list for a complete kit rework after whoever they had.

This might be one of the few games where I wish they would rework more existing player content (warframe/weapons) then adding more. That said, full force on those cinematic quests please, the second dream blew away my expectations of the game entirely.

Still, I feel like they they keep shoveling old equipment under the bus with new content. I wish they would raise the priority on updating older equipment/frames, and listen better to community feedback after a huge change to help each frame better find its niche.

Ives had quite a few favorites fall to the curb over the years. I understand when a nerf (or at least an adjustment) is needed, but I tend to think DE either overreacts or misses the point that makes the community unhappy. I mean, noone will ever be truly happy with adjustments in a mmo, but sometimes it feels like DE will decide to ignore all player feedback on something for years at a time before fixing it.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: May 19, 2019, 08:42:22 am »

The problem isn't entirely vauban, its the fact that CC hardly matters when we can apply the "dead" status effect to entire rooms in a second or so.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: May 19, 2019, 10:43:32 am »

Decided to return to the game. Frankly I needed the break. I also think I was approaching the game with the wrong mindset, more focused on getting everything than just... having fun.

Still, I hope Nightwave 2 won't be as crappy as the first one was.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: May 19, 2019, 05:18:33 pm »

The problem isn't entirely vauban, its the fact that CC hardly matters when we can apply the "dead" status effect to entire rooms in a second or so.
Yeah, it's not just Vauban, it's all CC. The combination of basically nobody playing long missions any more, DE filling every spawntable and boss fight with ability nullification/immunity/dispels, and the advent of a bunch of powerful nuke builds mean that every frame and weapon oriented around CC is dead in the water. Nyx is in just as bad a state as Vauban, and her kit is fine... apart from the overwhelming majority of important enemies ignoring it, and direct damage frames killing them before she can apply it when they aren't.

That said, Vauban would be garbage even if there were a big CC rework, since he's also in the state of "anything I can do someone else can do better".
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 05:20:13 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: May 19, 2019, 06:01:26 pm »

Vauban is unique in that his Vortex clusters enemies while also being persistent, allowing him to cast and then go do other things while the vortex continues to suck in any enemies who get close enough. I consider this enough to set him apart from other frames.
The problem is that his Bastille serves the same role as Vortex but without the clustering, and his other two abilities are both underperforming damage-dealers with additional underwhelming CC tacked on. Vauban also has weak survival stats and no abilities that can boost his survival, and no form of health or energy regen. Without at least one of these things, he has difficulty keeping up in any higher gameplay.

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: May 21, 2019, 05:40:23 am »

So, as I'm terribad at (E)SO, I've tried to cap my daily focus on Helene. With a huge success (20 waves at 10 minutes gaining about 50k focus without booster!), despite the fact that many people prefer to leave when they see me spamming miasma. I've even started to message squad about if they are comfortable with me nuking the map. Received mixed responses, but most don't mind and are glad for receiving free affinity.

Also, amusingly, I've found quite a few people that does not know how affinity distribution works ingame. They assumed that they are not receiving "exp" if they are not killing things themselves. After an educational trip to the affinity wiki page there was a big "wow, so you are actually granting us a load of free xp? Why?!". It was so funny!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: May 21, 2019, 09:20:34 am »

spamming miasma.

Whoa there. Saryn was "reworked" several times, so if you haven't used her in a while or were told how to play her by someone who didn't keep up with the times it could explain why you are bad at ESO.

How to Saryn in ESO:

First a few tips.
* Melee. Get a good heavy blade, since melee is much, much better than a gun (on Saryn) for several reasons:
    1) You need to be on the move at all times. A warframe with its feet on the ground and not sliding or in a melee combo is a warframe losing health.
    2) Heavy blades or polearms can nuke large groups due to their insane range with full build.
    3) Your 3 works even better with melee.
* Use your 1! Your other abilities are nice, but if you only ever cast one ability make it your 1.
* Get a set (or two) of Magus Elevate. It is much easier to farm than it used to be and it is the best/fastest source of free healing in the game.
* You *need* Zenurik Energizing Dash focus node *or* a Trinity in the party. Since you can't count on a trin and/or probably don't want to be dependent on some random to know how to play trin properly, you need Zenurik.

When you go through the portal cast your 3 the instant you can. As soon as this is done, cast your 1 on a nearby enemy. If you are fast enough you will still be in the brief invulnerability period. As soon as you cast your 1, melee the enemy you cast it on. The instant you have the first batch of spores spreading, tap 5, void dash, and tap 5 again to start regenerating energy. This should give you a solid start to the zone.

From here you just need to stay alive, melee lots of enemies, and keep spreading spores (your 1). Keep your 3 up to help melee damage and make it so that you only have to hit an enemy to spread the spores rather than kill them. This will matter by zone 5 or 6 when enemy armor starts getting thicker. If you are getting shot a lot drop your 2. If you are having trouble with healing you can put the augment on your 2 and use it for healing as well, it is really good (I don't use it now, but I used to and it is very nice). Every time your Energizing Dash runs out make sure to refresh it, you will need the energy.

Last and certainly least, you can use your 4 to nuke the map. It will have all the impact of a wet fart unless you have spores on all the targets though. Where your 4 really comes into its own though is spreading spores on the larger tiles. To do this, you get the spores started then nuke the center with your 4. This spreads spores to the edges assuming the spore carriers in the center die under the effects of your 4.

If you do all this and still die, then the solution is almost certainly to keep moving! Monitor your health and make sure to keep it topped up.  Move, move, move! Bullet jump, slide, roll, glide, anything but run on the ground. Melee. Melee constantly. If you see a group shooting you, melee them! Not only will you auto-block shots while you charge in, but they can't shoot you when they are dead! Since you should be in the air a *lot*, melee ground slams into groups are pretty OP.

Now, a while ago Saryn's 4 was a real nuke and could clear the map all by itself. I still sometimes see a Saryn player who thinks that still works and wonders why "Saryn is so bad nowadays".

For a good build and some info on the abilities see Brozime: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suaJSJnUYqM

My build is very similar, but not quite identical to his. I have watched Brozime on stream as he just *bullied* ESO many a time, and it still took quite a while for me to figure out how to do it myself.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: May 22, 2019, 06:35:10 am »

I've watched countless videos about ESO, I've built my Saryn partly for ESO (no Sacrifice mods as I've not done it yet) and I've done everything you've mentioned above. It's just my actions are slow, or I cannot react fast enough or anything. I seem to die (exhaust my revives actually) at zone 4 or 5 while having about 10-20k focus gained overall. So, yes, I'm bad at it and I know it.

While acting in defense it is all completely different. You can safely spam miasma up until wave 10 at least (while maintaining zenurik) and it still oneshots most of the map, then, when it stops doing that, do a combo spore-kill-miasma afterwards until wave 20 where I prefer to quit. And it gains me about 60k focus for a 15 minutes on Helene. All with other players happily dancing near the pod or doing laps collecting loot.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: May 22, 2019, 07:37:31 am »

Saryn in ESO is almost exclusively about spore damage, not miasma. Miasma is just for spreading your spores so the damage keeps going up.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: May 22, 2019, 01:42:39 pm »

Starting from midgame onward you really need some sort of defensive plan in place on any frame you plan to use. That may be a buff they can maintain, a heal, CC, stacked health/shield boosts, armor, or some combination of those things.

I'm no expert on Saryn builds, but it looks like her best bet would be stacking Vigor/Vitality for health pool and then as much Armor as she can reasonably fit while still maintaining her Ability Strength and Range. Then either operator arcanes/focus for healing or a lifesteal melee weapon to counter any damage you do take.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 133