Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 235607 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1845 on: May 22, 2019, 02:42:57 pm »

Actually, no you don't. As long as you don't get literally one-shot (which will happen eventually no matter what you do), just being fast is generally enough.

You need to play squishy frames (or frames built squishally) very differently from tanky ones. However, if you play tanky ones like you play squishy ones you basically become immortal baring a mistake.

Not that I don't build survivability into my frames, just that you need a lot less than some people think. Every survivability mod you add reduces the amount of mods you can add that actually matter.

My Sayrn has Adaptation and Vitality. That is it. I'm thinking about pulling Adaptation since it doesn't get as much use as I thought it would.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: May 24, 2019, 03:04:02 pm »

48 hour Gift from the Lotus missions are up, with nitain and both potatoes.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: May 24, 2019, 10:37:05 pm »

I don't know what exactly happened, by my helmet's emissive broke:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The new game mode seems alright, and the boss is mostly functional so far. I've already ground out Wisp's parts. Farming hexenon will probably be longer, since my best run was after a half-hour in Disruption, and I walked away with only about ~150 of the stuff.

My work also printed some temporary tattoos of Stalker. Probably for Tennocon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: May 25, 2019, 04:50:19 am »

Titania and Nova gave me some good completion times on the new boss. I enjoy the new game mode, but are there any increased rewards for running simultaneous defense? I've only managed to activate two stations at once whilst playing solo, as they tend to be in two groups each several hundred metres apart.

The tileset rework looks and feels fantastic, and I'm interested to see what the +x% gore mechanic on the new mods does.

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: May 26, 2019, 04:22:39 am »

I've acquired Octavia recently and she is an amazing frame for the lazy people like me. Defenses be like 'drop mallet, use amp and dance in a corner while everything dies', exterminations be like 'become invisible, drop mallet+resonator, move from marker to marker, never fire a single shot'. I'm regularly the top damage in a group while I stopped using weapons completely.

The top-lvl bounty in Plains where I struggled in Rhino solo (even dying a few times per bounty completion!) is now not a problem at all.

The main problem is suddenly realizing that nobody dies around you. Oh, I forgot to refresh a mallet! And it is a diefest again.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: May 26, 2019, 10:14:55 am »

octavia is fun, a solid support frame with her passive and her aura slot fits a energy siphon nicely so she can keep her party spamming. oh, and trying to mimic songs on her manchacord is like making songs on mario music maker, so i literally spent hours trying to make Heat of the Moment by asia on there and Dave's Theme from maniac mansion.

but my main frame (hehe pun) is Mag Prime. she was the first prime i ever grinded for wayyy back when the game first was getting big. she was actually rather common and cheap, i had 5 whole sets of her bps back in the day (which i shoulda kept, darn past me!). she can strip shields and armor, her pull makes grinding lazy and her 4 can stun and boost overshield.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: May 26, 2019, 12:37:54 pm »

Octavia annoys me as you just see everyone furiously teabaging for invisibility.  And the music buffs proc off of the melody and not the actual beat of the music.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: May 26, 2019, 01:09:31 pm »

Octavia is arguably the best dps in the entire game, so keep that in mind. She can just destroy entire rooms without much effort.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: May 26, 2019, 06:42:27 pm »

I also have two umbral builds in mind (one with HUGE range and a bit low duration (23 sec mallet), another with a bit less range and higher duration, also they share same polarities, so I can exchange them freely according to difficulty and openness of areas), just haven't completed Sacrifice yet. And starving without Endo. What is the third best source of Endo, excluding arbitrations and Vodyanoi? Plat-buying ayatans?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: June 07, 2019, 05:59:21 pm »

Gift of the Lotus is up. Blue potato, Nitain, and Steel Charge.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: June 19, 2019, 03:12:10 pm »

Wukong Update is here!
Also we're in the middle of a Plague Star. Great chance to farm some Formas!
And Nightwave Intermission recently started as well!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: June 19, 2019, 09:50:39 pm »

The next prime is almost certainly Atlas, followed by Wukong. If you don't want to put resources into base Wukong, his prime should be here this fall.

The rework seems to take him up from "worst frame in the game" to somewhere around "mediocre" or "possibly good" (not sure where exactly he falls yet, but he isn't at top tier even now).
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: June 19, 2019, 10:51:17 pm »

at least his non defy abilities actually do something now.

if only chroma's 1 and 4 did something.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: June 20, 2019, 03:06:20 am »

Yeah, he has an interesting kit and he is worth using, but none of his abilities are great. He falls into the same general category as most of the frames in the game: Not bad enough to be bad, but with nothing to make him stand out.

Honestly, if the way the armor bonus he gets from his 2 was changed he would be near the top of the "sea of good enough", but as it is he falls in the same general tier as Atlas (near the bottom-middle of said sea) and for the exact same reason (armor bonus has a cap that is too low).

I'll do a full build on his prime and probably use him a good bit when I want a change of pace, but he won't make my top ten.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: June 20, 2019, 04:57:27 am »

Is Wukong the only frame right now with a proper taunt? I mean there is a few ability there that draw attention for the enemies but it always bugged me that the tanks in this game only had survivability for themselves, and that CC (that no one wanna use now) was the only way to allow squishy frames to live.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 133