Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 235953 times)

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1860 on: June 20, 2019, 05:48:43 am »

Is Wukong the only frame right now with a proper taunt? I mean there is a few ability there that draw attention for the enemies but it always bugged me that the tanks in this game only had survivability for themselves, and that CC (that no one wanna use now) was the only way to allow squishy frames to live.

Defy isn't a full taunt, it's just a big spike in threat, other frame abilities like ironskin and absorb would still be competing for the damage if all were cast at the same time. Things like mallets, maggots, decoys, and molts will all gather higher threat than frames, including the frames that didn't cast them.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: June 20, 2019, 07:19:49 am »

Even as Inaros you don't want to get shot. By the time you get 4-5 rotations in on an arbitration, getting hit smarts considerable. Better to avoid damage where possible.

Honestly, that is the biggest difference between a casual Warframe player and an expert: Knowing how to avoid getting shot. Anyone can look up good builds, but knowing how to stay alive is harder. Of course, no matter how good you are, at some point any hit will just oneshot you. Playing past that point is less about fancy movement and killing things quickly in priority order, and more about hunkering down in a frost bubble while CCing everything.

The second biggest thing that makes an expert is knowing how to make your own (good) builds. Looking up builds is one thing, but knowing why those builds are made the way they are means you can tweak them to fit your personal preferences or situation. Better yet, you can look at a set of stats and know what mods go in, no need to look anything up at all.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: June 20, 2019, 09:40:35 am »

Sometimes I think Warframe Builder need to remove the scoring for build popularity. Clearly there is too many who go there to copy the first entry and call it a day.

For example, every time I go to the Index there is the same Iron Skin rhinos who proceed to collect too many index points and die. So much for optimization.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: June 20, 2019, 09:48:55 am »

Sometimes I think Warframe Builder need to remove the scoring for build popularity. Clearly there is too many who go there to copy the first entry and call it a day.

For example, every time I go to the Index there is the same Iron Skin rhinos who proceed to collect too many index points and die. So much for optimization.
I've pretty much given up on doing public runs on the index because of folks doing that.

Still remember this one Rhino who decided to insult me because I grabbed one point when... we needed one point to finish and he had around 15.

So now I just do solo runs when I need credits.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: June 20, 2019, 06:12:19 pm »

Really? I don't think I've ever had problems with pub high index.

Of course it probably helps that I do the IS carrier role and tryhard point collecting, so there's not much the randos can do to fuck up worse than specters would.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: June 20, 2019, 09:16:02 pm »

I've never had problems with pubs in any game mode, except ESO. ESO the host leaves after first wave every single time, and other players leave after second or third wave 90% of the time. Farming the later rotation rewards is basically impossible unless i come prepared to solo the whole thing, which takes all the fun out of it.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: June 20, 2019, 09:34:09 pm »

Index simply wouldn't be index if my rhino cannot cosplay as an oxygen atom.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: June 21, 2019, 03:58:56 am »

It's not fun to go in ESO with the same Saryn setup but at least if the team quit mid way you can still reach wave 8 by yourself.

I don't feel that there is much space to optimize index in public anyway. If I cash in 5 by 5 it last a couple minutes, if I let someone collect plenty it also last a couple minutes. With a premade team it's another story ofc.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: June 21, 2019, 07:34:30 am »

That's why you don't collect if you can't do 15 caps. 5 caps are almost as bad as 20+.

3. Run Resize Enable

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: June 21, 2019, 10:24:38 am »

Best tactics for index are for all players to group in one place and let the AI come to you. Wait until a bunch of drops develop, then let the AI pick it up. If you kill them at that point, they drop what they picked up, plus kill drop, as well as any quantity bonus. When there's enough crap on the floor just have something like a revenant or wisp deliver them.

Getting a pub to do this is like herding cats. I still see lone pubbies in survival that are four or five rooms away from the main killing room.

I generally don't go near index unless it's a double credit weekend; and when it is I usually make a day of it with a booster.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: June 21, 2019, 04:49:21 pm »

Okay I got to try Newkong and I can't believe what I'm saying but Wukong is now fun, and powerful. Wow.

Especially the new defy that I am sure we can turn into a good nuke, it's only kinks is that is depends on the AI who decide to not shoot you sometimes and it only hit within line of sight. But it is potentially a room clearer. You can also abuse it in the void by running it on lasers.

Anyway, the free specter is okay, the ultra fast cloud walk is good and the staff actually has a range now.

One "downside" however, it need all the stats. So you can not just min/max power or something and call it a day.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 04:51:41 pm by Boltgun »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: June 21, 2019, 06:40:35 pm »

Don't get me wrong, there's some nice stuff in there, but the 1,500 armor cap on Defy and the limited charges on the passive are Atlas-tier bad. The real juice would be in Cloud Walker... except that it locks you out of parkour and a whole lot of other stuff.

He'll be good, but only if and when they nerf every other frame in the game down to that level.

At least it's not bad, he has a full usable kit now.

3. Run Resize Enable

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: June 21, 2019, 08:28:51 pm »

The passive can't be too strong, it is a passive after all.
His 1 is dumb (as in: AI dumb), but still not bad for a 1 all things considered.
Cloud Walker is *real good*. It is faster than bullet jumping, and with a good build it is an excellent heal.
The cap on Defy sucks. Otherwise it is a decent ability, and the cap isn't *that bad*.
His 4 is great, at last it is free of the terribad combos it had before.

He isn't top tier, but he is solidly in the "good enough" category. Earlier I said he was Atlas tier, but after trying him out some more I'm no longer sure that is true. He has some similar effects as Atlas, but getting to them is easier and more consistent. In short, he is somewhere above Atlas, but below the real "meta" frames.

One "downside" however, it need all the stats. So you can not just min/max power or something and call it a day.

Not true! None of his abilities care about range at all. Duration and strength are the big ones for him. Efficiency is good, but not to the point where you need to build for it (just don't tank it).

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: June 21, 2019, 09:13:01 pm »

I played around in Simulacrum with the specter, and found Vectis and Synapse far more effective than any of my other weapons. So I'm currently in the process of burning some of the Forma I earned in the Plague Star event to optimise my Synapse and looking forward to seeing how it performs in real missions.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: June 22, 2019, 04:21:03 am »

Not true! None of his abilities care about range at all. Duration and strength are the big ones for him. Efficiency is good, but not to the point where you need to build for it (just don't tank it).

Defy use range for the slam but I get the idea. I tried it in the simulacrum and it can clear clumps of level 100 enemies but at a super random rate. You need the enemy AI to comply to build enough damage.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 05:02:35 am by Boltgun »
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 133