Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 235669 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1890 on: July 06, 2019, 09:25:38 pm »

Was anyone else online when the redtext started? I swear, Region chat was scrolling at 100 lines per second!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: July 07, 2019, 12:01:32 am »

I was too busy watching tennolive (which was absolutely awesome BTW).
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: July 08, 2019, 11:00:25 am »

Two other trailers from Tennocon:

The New War
Nightwave Season 2

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: July 19, 2019, 02:12:24 pm »

The latest Nightwave chapter came with an event. Missions available for the next 3 days where you can get Exilus Adapter, Pistol Riven, Blue and Gold potato, a Syandana and an Emblem.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: July 19, 2019, 02:35:12 pm »

IIRC, Proxy Rebellion has nothing to do with nightwave. It has happened before.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: July 19, 2019, 02:43:49 pm »

Pretty much.

Speaking of Nightwave, I guess I'm having terrible luck because I've yet to see a single Devotee show up. Fortunately it's not like the last one where there was gear that can only obtained from them, but still.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: July 19, 2019, 10:02:30 pm »

Pretty much.

Speaking of Nightwave, I guess I'm having terrible luck because I've yet to see a single Devotee show up. Fortunately it's not like the last one where there was gear that can only obtained from them, but still.

I saw a devotee because I forgot to swap out of public and had a new player join; only noticed he was in the mission when his downed marker popped up. It stayed to fight after rezzing the guy, but it was at the same level as the mission mobs so it died pretty quick. Collector types may want to get scans in whilst they can.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: July 20, 2019, 12:25:04 am »

I was playing Banshee and stopped to type with predictable results, so I got to see one.

Banshee is real squishy if you build her the way I have, but she sure is fun to play. Just stay on the move at all times, keep stuff dying faster than it can kill you, and she can go pretty far.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: July 20, 2019, 11:58:39 am »

Bit of an odd request. I have a friend or two I tried to get into this game a while back but they bounced off because of the incredibly lengthy tutorial. They're thinking of giving it another shot, but I haven't played since a few months before the second open world thingy came out. So can anybody summarize any important changes since then? Namely anything that would have an effect on early game stuff so I'm not giving them bad information.

For example: I remember trying to play with a different friend just getting into the game and they got stuck at Cetus for hours because you're supposed to enter the mission and immediately leave in order to progress. It's not obvious you have to do something like that though, and it's not very intuitive either.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: July 20, 2019, 01:05:31 pm »

Don't bother with the open worlds early on. Instead focus on making progress on the starchart.
Farm Rhino, then focus on working twords the resources needed to build him. Even if they like their starter, having a second option in a few days is really nice.
The basic Vectis is a very good weapon for new players.
Do Spy missions and void missions where possible. Void missions for all the sweet mods that drop from some of the containers and spy missions for other mods, in particular base damage mods and dual-stats. For a new player getting a solid suite of basic mods quickly is pretty critical.

If you are playing with your friends carry one poorly modded weapon and one good one on a support frame of some kind. Use the crap weapon most of the time and keep an eye on your kills (tab) so you don't get ahead of them. Only use the good weapon if things are going badly to salvage the situation.
As for what frame to use: Oberon with Phoenix Renewal is pretty good, as is Wisp if you only use your health buff. Trin is another great option since you can also give them energy. Basically it sucks to die so just being there and keeping them alive can make things a little easier. Trin is arguably the best new player carry frame because you can top off their energy and therefore let them use their abilities more.

Be very careful using your operator lest you spoil things. This is a reason to use Oberon actually, you probably hop out into your operator to revive normally, but with a new player or two you probably don't want to do that so having a frame that is on the tankier side doesn't hurt. If you are fast you can probably use Zenurik without anyone catching on, and if they do see a flash of operator in void mode you can probably just wave it off as a ability they unlock later.

See also:
Brozime's latest FTP run. This is a series of a experienced player starting over with a new account to get a feel for the new player experience.
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
(linked videos are the recaps, full stream archives are also available if you have huge amounts of time)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 01:15:03 pm by milo christiansen »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: July 20, 2019, 03:22:06 pm »

???
Thanks for the advice but I was asking a different question.

For what it's worth last time I played with them I was using the pistol that microwaves enemies because it's funny seeing enemies bloat up like some Garry's Mod shenanigans. I don't think the low rank enemies do enough damage to my frame to warrant unleashing kiddo mode so not worried about that.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: July 20, 2019, 03:33:30 pm »

There is really nothing that can change that will matter to a new player unless it is fundamental game mechanics. Weapons totally change? No problem, enemies are so weak that as long as you don't die you can fumble through anyway. Warframes totally change? Also no problem. New players don't have the mods to really make the frames work anyway.

Best I can do to answer the question is a dump of current best practice advice for new players and those playing with them.

EDIT To be 100% clear, last I knew there were no "gotchas" so long as you pay attention to your objectives! People trying to figure out what to do would be well served by paying attention to the mission.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 03:39:56 pm by milo christiansen »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: July 23, 2019, 11:11:52 pm »

So far the most confusion has come from how to get the junctions to work right. Apparently they have missions unlocked at various parts on the star chart so they didn't progress through the game the intended way. Took a while to figure out you need to play missions until there's a path going from one junction to the next.

Also just checked out Orb Vallis by myself today. Seems pretty cool, and I saw that you can have a tiny moa buddy so that's pretty much what I'm grinding for next.

Annoyingly, some weird person keeps talking to me over the comms, I assume it has something to do with the Night Wave update, but it's jarring that this person appears out of nowhere with no introduction or explanation. It appears I missed out on my chance to get some stuff which is a shame, I think there was a color pallet I wanted...

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: July 24, 2019, 09:13:44 am »

They've said the plan is to make previous rewards available in future Nightwave seasons. Don't remember if it's by hitting prestige (over rank 30 in Nightwave) or if they'll just randomly add the rewards in the Nightwave shop for ludicrous amounts of tokens (see Wolf beacon as an example).

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: July 24, 2019, 06:57:59 pm »

Annoyingly, some weird person keeps talking to me over the comms...

Shame on you, for Nora Night is delightful~
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 133