Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 235982 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1950 on: September 26, 2019, 05:47:04 pm »

Are you at least running radshares? If you are... then yeah, that really sucks. Dunno if I've opened that many relics in a radshare and not gotten the part, at least not with axi relics.

E: apparently they're streaming something. Do you still get random crap from watching the streams? I don't really care for watching streams but I do sometimes care for getting random crap
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 05:49:30 pm by Ozyton »

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: September 27, 2019, 02:20:45 pm »

Got three rivens for a login bonus.

Woo Staticor Riven

38.2% Electricity
18% Dmg Infested
32.2% Fire Rate

Hrm... Curse it's low disposition.

Oh, a crappy sobek mod? Guess i'll reroll a few times...

293.5% Damage
189.3% Multishot
-62.9% projectile speed

Oh that was a nice reroll. Might do an Acid Shell build.

Last One for Dokrahm. (I think my first Zaw Riven ever, with over fifty of them.)

10.3s Combo Duration
113.8% Critical Chance
-62.4% Finisher Damage.

Hrm. Not sure if I should reroll or not.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 03:39:32 pm by deoloth »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: September 27, 2019, 08:12:50 pm »

Last One for Dokrahm. (I think my first Zaw Riven ever, with over fifty of them.)

10.3s Combo Duration
113.8% Critical Chance
-62.4% Finisher Damage.

Hrm. Not sure if I should reroll or not.

My gut sez go crit with the blood rush (?) mod that gives +Crit per combo multiplier.  That blade can go Heavy Blade or scythe, so I'd go heavy blade with the whirlwind stance for the memes.  It'd be basically most other melee builds anyway, but hey.

-Finisher damage should be negligible unless you were going inaros, ash, or maybe excal.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: September 27, 2019, 11:06:35 pm »

Dokram is, IMHO, the best zaw. The heavy blade version even has a name that many people use: Kamacuras Reaper Brozime may have coined the name, but it is amazing how far it has spread.

My version has more crit, and less status, but Brozime's version is probably better in the end. Either way, in it murders everything. I do not have a Dokram riven, but I kinda want one. -finisher doesn't matter at all on something that isn't a dagger, and daggers have that instant death mod.

In short, that isn't the best possible roll, but it is a very good one. Replace Drifting Contact with it.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: October 26, 2019, 10:37:36 am »

Halloween event is up, and is an easy way to get a free forma and blue potato as well as a spooky bat ephemera. The game mode plays out like a survival, but uses the lantern mode seen in the last nightwave boss.

There are extra resources to be gained from replaying the missions and tracking down the hidden caches.

Probably worth playing to get the stuff from the initial runs of the stages, but I'm not going to farm the caches.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: October 26, 2019, 11:48:30 am »

What do you even get from the caches? Anything unique or just things like orokin cells?

I tried to get the ephemera once with PUGs and got a score of 506. I'm not sure if there are any decent strategies, but I tried using speedva to get the enemies to come into the light faster. My friend says he did it with someone who used a nekros to keep them healed and Mesa to kill everything

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: October 26, 2019, 11:56:32 am »

I've successfully completed a first try run of bat ephemera survival with a buff-nidus plus the maim equinox built into eff/range/duration. There also was two other random pub members, but I've not even noticed what frames they were because my equinox was carrying a lantern and between slideattacking and recasting maim when there was too many red triangles in the radius of lantern (which was happening very often, I nearly run out of energy because of that) I was too busy to notice something else.

Also, I nearly botched a run two times and after looking into score and noticing that I already had 950+ I happily scurried to the exit. That was so much adrenaline that my hands were shaking a whole minute afterwards.

P.S. The caches were utter trash for my runs (125 kuva, 2500 credits, some random resources like rubedo, etc), but people in reddit got some forma, universal medallions and the day of the dead sigil is also obtainable through the caches only.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: October 26, 2019, 02:23:59 pm »

I used two sets of anti-toxin arcanes on a speeva to get my ephemera. Infested are trivial so long as you keep moving, and the toxin immunity means you can focus on killing and not avoiding all the gas clouds.

Lots of enemy radar helps a ton as well, not to mention playing with fullscreen map.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: November 01, 2019, 06:28:39 pm »

Update 26 is out. Nemesis Kingpin System is in.

As I looked at the page for my first Kuva Lich he told me,
"As you were hacking my limbs off, I thought to myself 'I really don't like this person'.

9/10 Will Dismember Again.

I kind of want to do the thing where you can make them an Ally, but he has Kuva Twin Stubba and I think I only get those if I kill him, and I really want those.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: November 01, 2019, 07:21:50 pm »

So it's Shadow of Mordor now?

Apparently I only had enough arbitrary arbitration points to buy one of the Grendel things. Gonna have to grind out some more of those I guess.

E: I just saw that there are weapon exilus slots now which accept ammo mutation mods. I already use Helios but I imagine Carrier is even less useful now.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 07:59:21 pm by Ozyton »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: November 01, 2019, 09:27:04 pm »

E: I just saw that there are weapon exilus slots now which accept ammo mutation mods. I already use Helios but I imagine Carrier is even less useful now.

There is only 1 exilus slot, and there are several other very useful mods that can fit in it.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: November 01, 2019, 11:33:55 pm »

Kuva litches are cool, but expect to do a lot of Kuva flood missions to get the relics you need, to get the special mods you need to kill them. The grind to get the mods, and then the grind to identify the ones you actually need to kill the litch are both fairly long. Expect 2-3 hours of play to kill a single litch, and a lot longer to get the mods.

Melee is a lot different now too. Broken War, Silva and Aegis, Gram, Galatine, etc are on the rise. Range is shorter for the longest stuff, but the short stuff is now longer so more weapon types are viable. Zaws are worse. Condition Overload is just a situational replacement for Primed Pressure Point now, basically ruining all status melees. Blood Rush is still good, but not as good. Spin-to-win is dead. Covert Lethality is useless now, ruining daggers completely. Basically everything you though you knew about melee is changed.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: November 02, 2019, 01:56:11 am »

Zaws are worse. Condition Overload is just a situational replacement for Primed Pressure Point now, basically ruining all status melees.

Exsqueeze me? My CO Zaw staff kills max-level heavies in the simulator in under a second. It is neither useless nor worse than pre-update. I'm also toying around with a CO Shaku and finding it highly effective.
You might make the argument that CO is now relatively worse than other builds; I can't comment on that, as I haven't had enough time to experiment with everything yet. But CO is definitely very viable right now.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 03:09:21 am by Folly »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: November 02, 2019, 07:29:43 am »

I hear this a lot from people who can't math and don't realize just how strong their melee was before CO got destroyed.

CO now stacks with Pressure Point. Not AFTER Pressure Point, with. To make things even worse, CO no longer stacks with itself so the damage increase is linear. Instead of being the savior of status weapons, it is now a situationally better PPP.

The following math is how much of a damage increase Primed Pressure Point is in a build that also contains Condition Overload:
Code: [Select]
0 procs: PPP is 2.65x increase
1 proc: PPP is a 1.75x DPS increase
2 procs: PPP is a 1.485x DPS increase
3 procs: PPP is a 1.359x DPS increase
4 procs: 1.285x
5 procs: 1.236x
5 procs: 1.201x
11 procs 1.116x
12 procs: 1.107x
13 procs: 1.099x
14 procs: 1.093x
15 procs: 1.087x
16 procs: 1.081x
As you can see, by the time you get 3 or so procs on a target, PPP is no longer worth the slot. It still adds damage, but other mods (say, an elemental) add more. You don't run PPP and CO in the same build for the same reason you don't run Serration with Chroma, and why Hornet Strike is more and more optional on Mesa's Regulators the higher her strength goes.

Now, PPP is a good mod. A replacement for it on status weapons can't be *bad*, but compared to what it was CO is dead. Crit melee is almost universally better than status melee now. Status can still scale a little better at high levels, but for the levels most people will see (say, under 150, possibly higher) crit is simply better.

So, your staff zaw may seem fine, but it doesn't scale nearly as well as it used to and its top damage is way lower. My status zaws are noticeably worse feeling and some of my crit zaws were also hit hard.

For example, I had a crit dokrahm that I used with a hybrid build (basically a crit build with one less element and CO) for ESO Saryn. This build now feels way less powerful. It still kills stuff, but not as fast or hard as before. I dropped CO for another element and it feels a little better, but it still is not what it was.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: November 02, 2019, 08:07:47 am »

Going off the math the Dev's showed in the patch notes, CO should be stronger compared to before with 1-3 status, and weaker after that. Yes, of course this means that at the upper ranges it's potential damage numbers are much lower now. But those numbers were entirely excessive for nearly all practical game content. In sorties and arbitrations the time-to-kill is going to be faster with the new math, and honestly I think that's more than we should have expected now that the long overdue nerfhammer has found this previously broken mod.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133