Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 235969 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1965 on: November 02, 2019, 05:32:59 pm »

So, uh... I'm having trouble telling what areas I'm actually likely to find Kuva Lich-related stuff in. I've got a Lich now (His name is "REE FUGG", which honestly just sounds like a rage-related meme) and I haven't really seen much of him so far besides him stealing my resources occasionally.

Sometimes I get some notification in the middle of a mission about how "this one will evolve or die" or something like that, like the first time made a Kuva Lich, but then nothing appears to happen.

Similarly, I can't seem to find any of the levels where the Kuva Lich has influence, so I can't find the Kuva Lich's thralls. Is there an icon or something that I'm missing somehow?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: November 02, 2019, 08:05:06 pm »

Honestly I don't even mind the slide hybrid meta dying a horrible death, because stance melee is actually fun and useful now. Blind Justice is insanely mobile. I used Dakra Prime for the first time in four or five years. Jat Kittag is back on the menu. Daggers now serve a purpose beyond using RDD for the passive. My Guandao behaves like it used to with old quick melee.

Yeah, CO+WW+MS+BR+Berserker was insanely powerful. Yeah, it got nerfed into the ground and basically none of those mods are worth running outside of a couple edge cases any more. If that's the price we have to pay for the rest of melee to be enjoyable and useful, and for DE to fucking finally rein in power creep, it's worth it. Having that "I win" safety net did nothing except make people lazy and sloppy.

Now, there are issues with the update. Ember's 2 is way too damn energy hungry. They need to make 3 reset the meter fill rate as well as draining the meter, because as it is it fills back up almost instantly. 3 being restricted to LoE makes it dogshit in enclosed tiles. 4 being limited to a visual cone is weird and annoying.

Kuva liches appear to have migrated heavily from the original concept and now exist mostly to force you to grind so that you can grind so that you can grind.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: November 02, 2019, 09:40:23 pm »

Ember's 2 doesn't use energy at all. Unless... Unless you let your meter hit the cap, then it uses a bunch. Originally it was going to go "boom" in a big  radial explosion and use all your energy if you let it do that, so be thankful DE changed their mind and went with a stiff energy drain instead.

You need to mix using your 3 in to keep your meter under control. Use your 4 to get the meter filling fast, then use your 3 just enough to keep it mostly under control. Basically you juggle your energy and heat all the time, it is a very active play style.

You say her 3 needs to reset the rate, which tells me you don't use it enough. It does reset the rate by about the same amount her 4 boosts it. If it is filling too fast, cast 3 again to slow it down.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: November 03, 2019, 08:50:50 am »

Kuva liches appear to have migrated heavily from the original concept and now exist mostly to force you to grind so that you can grind so that you can grind.
i thought that was what plenty of updates were

But yeah, don't know how to actually do stuff with the Liches at the moment. Again, maybe it's something really obvious that I'm missing.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: November 03, 2019, 08:58:43 am »

One thing I like about the new heavy attacks is that it combos really well with the glaives... because the glaive throw is a heavy attack. It means those mods that used to be for channeling are now damn good with glaives.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: November 03, 2019, 01:17:50 pm »

I dunno...channeling was really convenient because it could be done any time.
Heavy Attacks require close-range fighting to build the gauge. Glaive throws require long-range enemies. It really only works if you are fighting some enemies up close, and then just happen to have a distant enemy when your combo gauge is ready. It feels less practical to me.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: November 03, 2019, 01:54:59 pm »

I don't think I used channeling outside of the lifesteal mod.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: November 04, 2019, 12:04:06 am »

Ember's 2 doesn't use energy at all. Unless... Unless you let your meter hit the cap, then it uses a bunch. Originally it was going to go "boom" in a big  radial explosion and use all your energy if you let it do that, so be thankful DE changed their mind and went with a stiff energy drain instead.

You need to mix using your 3 in to keep your meter under control. Use your 4 to get the meter filling fast, then use your 3 just enough to keep it mostly under control. Basically you juggle your energy and heat all the time, it is a very active play style.

You say her 3 needs to reset the rate, which tells me you don't use it enough. It does reset the rate by about the same amount her 4 boosts it. If it is filling too fast, cast 3 again to slow it down.

Quick question: have you playtested, or are you just going by the patchnotes? Because I was running an efficiency/duration build with Energy Siphon, Arcane Energize, Primed Flow, Hunter Adrenaline, and Zenurik tree active and  would still go through a full tank in less than a minute despite quintuple-dipping regen. The amount of energy you need to spend on 3 to keep your 2 meter down if you're casting 4 at all is ruinous. It was bad to the point that I could double-tap 3 and the 2 meter build rate was so high that it was back to 90% in two or three seconds, and continued to build at that rate until deactivated.

Here's why it's a problem: two casts of Inferno require three casts of Fire Blast to neutralize the build rate increase. Pre-efficiency that's 425 energy to press 4 twice with no negative effects on your 2. If you're trying to kill things with the former while maintaining survivability, you get caught in an energy drain death spiral. The correct answer to this problem shouldn't be "Don't cast Inferno".

i thought that was what plenty of updates were

But yeah, don't know how to actually do stuff with the Liches at the moment. Again, maybe it's something really obvious that I'm missing.

Oh no, it's bad.

1. Grind random Grineer starchart missions to get your lich started without randoms gibbing it before you activate it (it's the glowing red one with an icon over it).
2. Realize you've made a mistake as red covers the starchart, important loot gets stolen, and you see that the "reward" for hours of grind will be a 22% magnetic Kraken.
3. Grind kuva siphons for that 30% chance of getting a relic. Watch the relic get stolen. Repeat.
4. Grind fissures for traces to rad the new relics.
5. Grind your choice of survival or rescue with the new relics. Get 15 adapter BPs/kuva/ambers/riven shards for every one mod. Wish you'd done this part before activating the lich. Repeat until you have one of each.
6. Grind thrall missions for no rewards except tiny amounts of progress for the extra grind layer disguised as a puzzle, or until you get lucky with your guesses. It isn't going to be the latter.
7. Grind for lich encounters so that you can guess which order the set you need has to be in. Never get any because other people don't kill their own so yours can't spawn.
8. Finally kill the damn thing. Get your choice between a probably trash weapon that you need to forma 5 times for mastery or a specter that doesn't do much, almost never shows up, and sometimes starts trying to kill you while invulnerable.
9. Accidentally start another one ten minutes later.

3. Run Resize Enable

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: November 04, 2019, 01:16:46 am »

7. Grind for lich encounters so that you can guess which order the set you need has to be in. Never get any because other people don't kill their own so yours can't spawn.

Happens freaking constantly.

Killed my first one, Got 33% Radiation Twin Stubbas. Nice since the Stubba did not actually have a normal Twin version, so it's a new gun essentially, and it seems to be pretty decent.

It would really be nice if you could get the boss to go away, without actually killing you if you do not have the order figured out and equipped yet, specially when you get the super annoying ones. Mine just had two teleport abilities, which made it super annoying to fight him, but some of them have some nasty attacks and when getting one at the start of a survival or defense just makes the whole thing frustrating if someone refuses to get rid of theirs.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: November 04, 2019, 07:22:12 pm »

Quick question: have you playtested, or are you just going by the patchnotes?

Playtested. Honestly I never had energy issues at all and I only have 130% efficiency. It says is costs 50 energy to cast her 3, but it doesn't *feel* like it. I have a rank 1 Energize, but no Flow. The build is a pretty balanced one, with everything buffed up a little and nothing tanked. A very general and generic build really.

The way I played is as follows: I would cast my 4 once, maybe twice to get my meter building. When it almost hit cap I would cast 3 once. From then on I would cast 3, and then shortly after cast 4, sometimes the other way around. The idea was to hit a group with my 3 and then follow up with my 4. My meter would be rising fast enough that by the time I was ready to unload on another group it would almost be at cap again (so pretty damn fast). If I had to move a bunch before casting my 4 again I would sometimes need to cast my 3 to keep things under control, effectively wasting it. If there was a delay, like the end of a defense wave, I would sometimes cast 3 once or twice to dump my meter and get it climbing very slowly.

You need to be very active and keep and eagle eye on your meter. I just ran a mission as her right now to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything. I ran out of energy *once* because I wasn't paying attention and let it sit at max for a while when I was typing in clan chat. The only issue is that when you get below a certain amount of energy you can no longer dump heat, and so are doomed to run out if you don't cycle your 2. However, that only happens if you forget to keep zenurik up or let your meter sit at max for a while.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 07:24:00 pm by milo christiansen »
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: November 04, 2019, 09:36:22 pm »

Okay, so you were playing a fairly low-leveled static-objective mission and letting the burn kill pretty much everything. That's why you weren't running into problems. As soon as you start trying to use it in missions where you need to stay mobile with enemies that won't just all die to the burn passively, you'll start running into energy problems. That's like gauging how often you need to recast Molecular Prime based on a low-level solo interception where you go out of your way to avoid killing anything that you don't need to.

In other news, possibly the biggest stealth buff brought by the melee changes is to the Daikyu. Specifically, to Amalgam Daikyu Target Acquired. Now that non-blender melee is good again, that 3% flat lifesteal on nikanas is bonkers. That's guaranteed infinite sustain as long as you don't get oneshot and can stay in melee range of something. Been playing it on my PR Oberon P and it's kinda gross, especially considering that Blind Justice is now stupidly good and Nikana P is sitting in a nice spot right now.

3. Run Resize Enable

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: November 05, 2019, 02:11:25 pm »

Hotfix Adjustments.

Some notables changes

Thralls have a small chance to drop Kuva or a Requiem Relic on death, R Relics drop more off Kuva Siphon missions, and they adjusted murmer rate.
"Tweaked the Requiem Murmur discovery requirements for each hint to reduce initial ramp-up:
Instead of each Murmur requiring the same amount of Hints, the first and second Murmur require 60% of what they used to, with the last Murmur requiring 140%
Excess Murmur progress now carries over to the next Murmur to allow for faster Murmur discovery.
Testing a Requiem on a Lich now advances Murmur progress by roughly 10x more than a Thrall on average."

Well at least I can be 'Baned', back brokened, by a Lich for a better reason now.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They are still looking at feedback for frames but increased Vauban's casting speeds.
Out of the blue made a change to Nyx so her bolts reduce movement speed on her ability strength now.

You will be able to merge duplicate Kuva Weapons, since some can roll with better stats, moving over Forma and Exilus to the one you want to keep.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: November 05, 2019, 06:24:33 pm »

Okay, so you were playing a fairly low-leveled static-objective mission and letting the burn kill pretty much everything.

That is a pretty big assumption to make. Also not true. I was using her abilities to soften groups and clear fodder before moving in with melee to clear the (armor-less and greatly weakened) heavy stuff. Dive in, press 3, roll back, press 4 (her 4 covers an area in your view, not a circle around you), roll forward and melee anything still standing.

There was a guy in our clan arguing the same thing you are last night. Several of us were trying to tell him otherwise but he kept insisting we were all somehow wrong. I have come to the conclusion that there are at least a few people who simply can't figure out how to make new Ember "work".

You will be able to merge duplicate Kuva Weapons, since some can roll with better stats, moving over Forma and Exilus to the one you want to keep.

This announcement is pretty awesome. Since each weapon goes to 40 with 5 forma and has 4k mastery, just like Paracesis, leveling a "bad" one is a massive wast of resources. Never needing to worry about a better roll making you regret that investment is *huge*.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 06:27:17 pm by milo christiansen »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: November 22, 2019, 05:12:46 pm »

Rising Tide update is here! Quest to acquire your own Railjack! Donate to build your clan's drydock! Create a new cephalong friend! Enjoy the view from your newly remodeled Orbiter! Archwings now 100% more blinky!
Also double xp weekend!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: December 06, 2019, 05:47:21 pm »

Baro has arrived, with some decorations and holiday glyphs on top of his usual weapons and primed mods.

Also for the next 20ish hours there are Alerts for a Blue Potato, Zaw Riven, and Gauss Hat.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133