Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 235933 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2013, 09:58:35 pm »

That looks pretty sharp actually.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2013, 12:48:33 am »

Inb4 everyone's deciding what the best warframes are because they win duels.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2013, 04:11:35 pm »

To be fair they're already kind've doing that with PvE. :P

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2013, 09:56:33 am »

So this game is way more fun than I gave it credit for when I was reading reviews on it.

Yeah the levels are fairly redundant but the action is quick, the customization is crunchy and features/new challenges seem to get dolled out on a pretty regular basis.

Going to work on my Excalibur for a while yet before switching to Ashe and/or Loki. Now that I'm about to hit the 20s, levels and heavy-units are getting quite tough.

Couple questions if anyone knows:

-When do blueprints start to show up? I've seen all of one so far and I'm pretty sure you're guaranteed to get that blueprint at a certain point.
-Sentinels? Have to be built from a blue print if you don't want to pay cash for it? When do you start seeing the blueprints for those?
-The laser security gates. I've found a work around (crouch+slide at the last second seems to let you glitch through them.) How are you SUPPOSED to get through those gates though? They're super, super annoying especially when you usually have to go through them twice in one level.

I think the game is pretty solid for only still being in beta. The random level design really works (even if it becomes a nonsensical labyrinth at times) and there seems to be a ton of room for the game to grow.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2013, 10:08:22 am »

I'm fairly certain blueprints only drop (sporadically) from bosses, alerts, or buying them from the market (with credits). Blueprints for the Banshee warframe's components can show up as an end-of-mission reward any time, I think.

Some blueprints are only available in the market, which include the full Warframe (bosses drop the blueprints for three component parts; systems/helmet/chassis) and I'm fairly certain that's the only place you can get the blueprints for a sentinel. This is true of most weapons too I think (very few of which don't have a blueprint you can buy for credits)

Laser security gates only pop up if a Corpus camera sees you. Look around for a red light on the walls or ceiling somewhere and then shoot it. Also, since you're playing Excalibur, Slash Dash is a means of bypassing them that's intentional I think. (Most movement abilities and decoy-type abilities can go through or block the lasers)

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2013, 10:36:00 am »

There's a twitter feed that tells you the current alert and what reward it gives, and someone set up another that just displays the ones with a non-money reward (which can be a blueprint).  (or you can just ask in chat about the current alert - but only the ones with a "?" in the reward might be a blueprint).

Also, the Warframe wiki generally lists the source(s) for the blueprint of any given item on that item's page.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 10:37:33 am by Biowraith »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2013, 10:41:43 am »

I knew Slash Dash and Super Jump get through, I was looking for a resource-free method. Like I said, crouching jumping at the last second often lets you glitch through the lasers without getting hit.

Disappointing to hear about blue prints. While I get the reasoning, there's a whole lot of game that has nothing to do with boss fights. And the mods are becoming pretty redundant at this point.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2013, 10:55:59 pm »

Hmm.

I gave this a try, two hours.

Invisibility was fun to play around with, too bad it didn't last long enough.

Just didn't... Feel like I was doing any thing. I didn't know when I was really hitting anything in melee, I had no idea if I was being effective, and I didn't know if I was getting a kill or if my team-mate was.

Not enough feedback for me to feel like it's worth the effort.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2013, 04:03:17 am »

Big tip, turn off motion blur in the options. I felt the same way about "did I actually hit that thing or what" until I turned it off. it got a lot better after that.

I'm not really playing anymore but still.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2013, 08:27:24 am »

Yeah I turned it off, still had the same problem of "What am I doing wrong? What am I doing RIGHT?! ICAN'TTELL ;_;"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2013, 09:28:05 am »

The tale of your exploits will be told by the cartwheeling, bifurcated corpses of your foes filling the air.

Also thanks for the slide attack recommendation, it didn't even occur to us to try it. (Although now that we know about the cameras it's less of an issue.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 10:30:41 am by nenjin »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2013, 11:33:57 am »

If you have an Android Phone...
Try this...
http://tinyurl.com/axkqpsz
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2013, 04:55:12 pm »

SO Update 8 is literally about to launch in like any minute.

Whhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Seriously enjoying Warframe. The best F2P experience I've had in the last couple of years. Got my Excalibur and preferred weapon sets maxed, just got my Shade Sentinel Built, Ash Warframe is about 2 days out...

I simply can't wait to see how they grow the game. It's so fertile for gameplay ideas and even just expanding on what they already do (random mission parameters, for example) can only make the game better.

My only wish is that, aesthetically, they'd make more Warframes that look like Excalibur, and less Warframes that look like people wearing alien armor over their clothes. None of the other Warframes manage to look half as cool as the Excalibur. It's like they started with one aesthetic and then someone on the art team said "You know what? Let's NEVER do that again and make all these (very bizarre and over-dressed) Warframes instead. The Excalibur actually looks like an Alien Suit. The rest look like armor with a strange-looking helmet on.

Also, my friends and I have taken to pronouncing the game as WRFRM!!!!!!!!!! Because space ninjas are too intense for vowels.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 05:00:20 pm by nenjin »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2013, 06:16:30 pm »

Not quite that huge. But very substantial.

Oi vey the constructions are pricey. Even w/o a hefty credit cost, it wants 65,000 of some materials. The Forma costs are steep as shit consider how they drop and what else they get used for. Clearly it's balanced for a 50 person clan. Not sure our 6-person clan can pony up for most of this stuff.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 07:01:03 pm by nenjin »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2013, 08:05:02 am »

Yeah, very expensive. We're like 5 and it will likely take us WEEKS to build anything. Well, at least we have an end-game goal.
We dumped months worth of ressources into it and we have our first corridor 26% done. Damn.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 133