Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 234285 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« on: June 26, 2012, 02:57:59 am »

Have you read that title? Did a maniacal grin paint itself onto your face? No? You're a liar, get outta here. Yes? Okay, here you go.
“Set in the far reaches of outer space during a new Dark Age, WARFRAME introduces the Tenno, a race on the brink of extinction after being enslaved by the Grineer for centuries. Players enter WARFRAME on the cusp of the Grineer’s victory over the Tenno until they begin to arm themselves with WARFRAMES – an ancient exo-skeletal technology only they can operate. Hidden within the Orokin Derelicts of a lost civilization, new WARFRAMES lie dormant and undiscovered. These artifacts are the Tenno’s only hope for survival.”
That's the entirety of the availible description. :( Also, there is an... uh... 3D screenshot and a possibility to reserve a nickname RIGHT NOW. So get to it.

Referral links (please use those):
Keff - https://www.playwarframe.com/?ref=86236907;
Mono124 - https://www.playwarframe.com/?ref=86235634;
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 01:42:31 am by Dariush »

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 04:52:55 am »

Interesting. Signed up as Elsior.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

X-03

• Bay Watcher
  • Resistances must be silenced, the world purged.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 02:28:47 am »

I'm now known as Mistfader, just like almost every other game I joined since approximately February-April.
Are you LOST?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 11:52:37 am »

Congratulations – You’re in the Closed Beta!

Because you got your friends on board, you’ve made VIP level on the Closed Beta list. You’ll be one of the first to play WARFRAME!

The Closed Beta starts this fall on PC.

We’ll let you know about system specs and official Closed-Beta start day when we’ve got everything ready to go – you’ll receive the game download link in an e-mail from us.

In the meantime, make sure to check WARFRAME’s Facebook and Twitter for updates on the game while we continue building the official website at www.playwarframe.com

See you soon in game!

The Warframe Team
Thanks to everyone who signed up using my link! :D

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 01:54:48 pm »

I signed up, not even sure if I'll have the inclination to try out the beta when it comes out.

If I may suggest, having some others who definitely want in for the beta to have their chance at referrals.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 02:02:33 pm »

Sure. Give me your link and I'll add it to OP.

Keff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 02:21:10 pm »

This looks interesting. My link: https://www.playwarframe.com/?ref=86236907

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 03:09:21 pm »

I signed up in case it looks cool, albiet my full play name is generally never taken. (neotemplarvellum)
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 06:50:35 pm »

I signed up, and am now known as malicious_pear. No, I don't know what made me use that name.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 06:53:56 pm »

Signed up, known as... Mono124. Heh.

Link if yall wanna help me: https://www.playwarframe.com/?ref=86235634
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 07:53:32 am »

FREE KEYS!!!

get free keys here now! - only 2904 keys left !

http://www.freemmostation.com/giveaways/warframe-closed-beta-giveaway/
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 08:58:54 am »

First impressions, having gone through the tutorial and poked around the menus.

One: I hope there's never PvP because unless you pay to "go pro" you can't upgrade your weapons as much, and I'm talking upgrades, not side grades - flat increases to damage, RoF, clip size etc.

Two: It might just be me, but the skills don't seem to work. I'll play a bit more and see what's what, but the skill in the tutorial wouldn't activate for me, which was rather irritating.

Three: Urghhhh mouse sensitivity in menus. It can't be changed, and it's really slow, so it's annoying to navigate things when you have to drag your mouse all the way across the mouse pad again and again.

Four: Controller vibration won't turn off, which is irritating, because it means I have to rest my controller on top of my hat so it isn't vibrating against my PC tower next to the desk. Oh well.

Okay, some more things after having played the first mission.

Grenades are bullshit. There's no indication they're there and they're likely to instakill you, which means spending a revive or going back to the last checkpoint, which can often be quite far back. Revives are purchased using the realmoneys currency, platinum.

It's horribly cover-based, with no actual cover mechanics. You will be hiding behind walls, angling the camera to see your enemies and shoot at them while they can't shoot at you.

The game has a class-system in the form of different exo suits. Buying exo suits costs Platinum.

I honestly can't enjoy this game. It just has too many points like this that all add up to it being bleh. I know, beta is beta, but if it's this bad now, what are the chances it'll be even semi-decent when it's released?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 09:38:03 am by Baneling »
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 10:26:49 am »

me and dom3k are having loads of fun

one : it wont go pvp i think its just co-op

two: skills are working fine for us

grenades ? that's in here i did not know never used them :P

also i don't think you really should use cover me and dom have not we run in and chop shit to little bits.

also the frames can also be bought with ingame money
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 04:43:06 pm »

First impressions, having gone through the tutorial and poked around the menus.

One: I hope there's never PvP because unless you pay to "go pro" you can't upgrade your weapons as much, and I'm talking upgrades, not side grades - flat increases to damage, RoF, clip size etc.

Two: It might just be me, but the skills don't seem to work. I'll play a bit more and see what's what, but the skill in the tutorial wouldn't activate for me, which was rather irritating.

Three: Urghhhh mouse sensitivity in menus. It can't be changed, and it's really slow, so it's annoying to navigate things when you have to drag your mouse all the way across the mouse pad again and again.

Four: Controller vibration won't turn off, which is irritating, because it means I have to rest my controller on top of my hat so it isn't vibrating against my PC tower next to the desk. Oh well.

Okay, some more things after having played the first mission.

Grenades are bullshit. There's no indication they're there and they're likely to instakill you, which means spending a revive or going back to the last checkpoint, which can often be quite far back. Revives are purchased using the realmoneys currency, platinum.

It's horribly cover-based, with no actual cover mechanics. You will be hiding behind walls, angling the camera to see your enemies and shoot at them while they can't shoot at you.

The game has a class-system in the form of different exo suits. Buying exo suits costs Platinum.

I honestly can't enjoy this game. It just has too many points like this that all add up to it being bleh. I know, beta is beta, but if it's this bad now, what are the chances it'll be even semi-decent when it's released?
some of these issues are really not issues. (some of these may be just me repeating scriptwolf)

one: Well it says co-op, so hopefully no pvp. I agree with you on this one.
two: most likely just a beta bug, because it worked fine for me.
three: I haven't noticed anything too irritating with the menu sensitivity, but I guess that's personal taste.
four: can't you disconnect your controller?
I haven't noticed any grenades, just mines. I don't doubt their existence, but they aren't common. Also, revives are refilled daily for free. (or pay to refill)
You aren't playing the game right if you're constantly in cover. They give you the roll and slide for a reason, and that reason is to dodge or get in close, and to shoot on the move, respectively. Also, most classes seem to have at least one "mobility skill," like Excalibur's super jump. One last bit of rant, you can pay to instantly get more frames, or ingame credits to get the blueprints.

my god I need to control my rants better
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 06:18:47 pm »

I may be being stupid here, but when I get my free key where do I put it? I made an account and did the email activation... And now I can't find anywhere to enter the key. :S

Edit: Nevermind, found a link in the FAQ. D'oh.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 06:24:02 pm by fenrif »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 133