Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 234256 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2013, 04:27:22 am »

A little bit of necromancy.

Warframe has gone Open Beta.

Accompanying it is Update 7 which amongst other things adds sentinels (basically pets), stealth attacks, two new warframes, a snow environment, rebuilt mod system and a 'survival' mode of sorts.

While I can't account for taste, I'd say that the game even at its current state is highly entertaining and I'd recommend trying it. Or not. You'll regret not being a space-ninja though.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2013, 05:07:55 am »

I downloaded it yesterday, so far I've played one match. Will probably start learning the ins and outs over the week. SN: JarodCain
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2013, 09:00:42 am »

I tried this a few days ago, and initially quit because I ran into something like 5 bugs in 5 minutes, one of which the developers probably thought was a feature: when I entered the first mission it dropped me into one in progress, gave me no instructions, and ended it a couple minutes later because the person who was already there was about to finish it when it dropped me in. I can't recall the other bugs I ran into at the time now.

I gave it another try a few minutes later, and had a hacking terminal refuse to function properly and continually trigger security alerts, on top of the fact that at no point had the game ever given any kind of instructions on how to operate said terminals. I attempted to repeatedly use the same hacking terminal (and why not?), and it kept failing to work, and eventually it gave me a puzzle with no center piece, and I just quit right then and uninstalled it.

One person I know kept praising it up and down, so I reinstalled it a couple days later to give it another try, and played by myself to avoid drop-in-the-middle-of-games, and it worked fine that time, but there was nothing compelling about it at all. It was completely boring and uninteresting, the UI was flashing things that didn't matter at me, it didn't tell me important things that it should have been telling me, and was telling me unimportant things instead, and the gameplay wasn't the least bit interesting either. There wasn't anything fun or interesting going on, it was just skinner boxes with a bad UI and bugs, glowy red balls appearing on my character and exploding randomly, and only dying if I let several enemies reach melee range.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2013, 03:06:11 pm »

Very fun game, the only thing you can't buy with in game money are more character slots and inventory slots, but with the premium money they give you at start that's more then enough.  In game name is TienIsCoolX for whoever wants to play.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2013, 07:50:11 pm »

I've been having some issues with updating this game. I've tried numerous times a day for around a week, contacted support several days ago, but still nothing. I'm not sure what it is, but it's a bit dissapointing. Planetside 2 isn't updating, either (but that I'm used to that by now). Maybe my computer just dislikes sci-fi games.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2013, 01:54:36 am »

Had a go of this last night, got through all of Mercury and about half of Saturn.  Seems like a pretty fun game. 

It did kinda just drop you in blind to figure it all out for yourself, with only a very limited instruction/tutorial, which isn't great in a multiplayer game where there's pressure not to hold things up for the other players in your squad while you run the wrong way or whatever, but it didn't take too long to get the hang of it (and I guess I coulda played solo to start with). 

It all ran smoothly, and I didn't really encounter any bugs (or if I did, I didn't realise) - I did get the missing centrepiece on the hacking, but I think that was maybe just I had the wrong terminal?  I dunno - lack of tutorial issue there.  The relatively short matches gave the whole thing a "just one more" hook for me, and the equipment 'leveling' and mod upgrades was a kinda cool feature. 

It does seem like it'll get pretty repetitive and grindy fairly quickly though (felt like I spent way too long as level '0'), but hey it's free so I consider it worth playing until it gets to that point.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2013, 08:52:44 am »

The lack of tutorial kinda annoys me. Especially the part where I fell down to a storage room and you have to wall run up the wall. Took us a while to figure out how.

There's also the security lasers that blocks the door died many times there. You have to destroy security cameras to deactivate them and if your teammates triggers them in other rooms, your screwed or wait it out.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2013, 12:30:01 pm »

Hah yeah, I also got stuck in a room like that with a buddy.  We didn't even know you could wall run up so we just quit.  It seems like farming that boss on Mercury is a great way to make quick money... and also an easy way to find one of the most important mods for your Warframe.  The mod's called redirection, it gives you 50% extra shielding per level that you upgrade it.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2013, 10:32:33 am »

BUMP!

Started playing this, it's pretty fun, and also on Steam (don't know if it was when the thread was new), still in beta-whatever, but core game is complete, at least it appears to me.

A word to noobs on the frames:
Excalibur is a kind of "superhero" frame, leap great heights, power attacks, etc.
Loki seems to be a kind of subterfuge/stealth type, what with being able to flat out go invisible among other skills.
Mag is a melee/crowd control maestro, the one I'm using, with aoe melee killer moves, the ability to bring enemies into melee range, and the pretty fancy "bullet magnet" that makes all shots hit.

I'm currently running a Mag with Snipetron, spent my starting 50 platinum on the frame and weapon booster, so I'm rocking +30% crit rate and +10% crit damage.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2013, 12:40:36 pm »

Note for new players:  Warframe slots and equipment slots are the ONLY things you can't buy with in game credits.  Best to spend it on those if you don't want to spend any money down the line.  50 platinum gets you 1 extra warframe slot and 4 equipment slots, which gives you enough gear variation down the line.

The orikin reactors/catalysts may be tempting to buy with platinum but they come up as alerts all the time it seems.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:38:04 pm by Tnx »

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2013, 12:50:51 pm »

Signed up as Iranian.
Hello Hunam

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2013, 12:54:24 pm »

Note for new players:  Warframe slots and equipment slots are the ONLY things you can't buy with in game credits.  Best to spend it on those if you don't want to spend any money down the line.  50 platinum gets you 1 extra warframe slot and 4 equipment slots, which gives you enough gear variation down the line.

The orikin reactors/catalysts may be temping to buy with platinum but they come up as alerts all the time it seems.
While technically true, warframe components come rarely at high levels, so you'll be stuck with your starting frame for a long time unless you spend on it.

Also, how do the alert works?  And has anyone utilized the Multishot mod?

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2013, 01:10:31 pm »

I use multi-shot mod on my Lex Pistol. It gives a chance to shot a second bullet. For shotguns, it adds more pellets to the shot.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2013, 01:25:28 pm »

You have to unlock an area for an alert to pop up for you.  Alerts with a question mark are the ones that give good blueprints.  You guys should join this group, it will notify you to any worthwhile alert missions: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WFAlerts

Go ahead and add me on steam and in game; name's TienIsCoolX.  I'll gladly bring you guys into any good alerts if I'm on.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2013, 04:25:00 pm »

I've been powering in a sniper rifle.  Got like 30% crit, 10% crit damage, some 15% extra ammo, and 20% electric damage.  Currently like level 12 gun with an Orokin.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 133