Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 235901 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1260 on: December 24, 2017, 02:51:20 am »

Looks like this time around DE swapped the global health pool for a preset decaying one. You've got a bit under three days for each one by my calculation, and a new one shows up at 3:15 PM EST each day. Torment isn't even below 80% after 12 hours up, he normally is dead before that, so it's gotta be a fixed rate, especially since they drop at the same rate whether hidden or not.

Also some speculation that their node visibility is on a timer, since it seems to come up in roughly the same intervals. That, and it seems like they're showing up a whole lot on a limited set of nodes. Mostly Akkad, Hydron, Spy nodes, and low-level exterminations, so I kinda suspect even the nodes aren't random, as that looks a lot like a mix of easy-but-not-rushable and "here newbies, learn the basics of some of the usual starchart stumbling blocks if you want loot".

Basically there's not much rush this time around, and you can run 3-4 missions for each period of visibility since they don't get instantly gibbed whenever they appear. It's ~4% drop rate for Argon Scope and Memeing Strike, but without true global healthpools that's actually a realistic goal. Even if you miss 'em, the market is crashing hard now that people know about the change to the event.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: December 24, 2017, 09:14:37 am »

One issue I am having with the Acolyte mods is that sometimes, despite defeating them and visibly grabbing the unidentified mod... it just vanishes on mission completion. It's really quite annoying.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: December 24, 2017, 02:06:14 pm »

Violence just appeared, he drops spin-to-win.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: December 24, 2017, 10:15:01 pm »

Feeling the holiday cheer, I got my Memeing Strike in ~12 runs and picked up a spare Argon Scope to sell down the line yesterday. Gotta love DE fixing it so they're not gone in six hours.

3. Run Resize Enable

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: December 24, 2017, 11:08:38 pm »

It took all day but I finally have Maiming Strike and Argon Scope.

Eventaully I should go look at what the Cetus events are. I haven't really touched PoE yet.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: December 25, 2017, 12:39:07 am »

It's spoiler-heavy lore with a big turn of events. You can watch the cutscene on YT if you don't want to fight Grineer zambies.

3. Run Resize Enable

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: December 25, 2017, 12:59:43 pm »

The update also silently added a new quest to the game, you need both Chains of Harrow and the personal quarters to do it. I won't say more because of massive spoilers.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: December 25, 2017, 01:18:41 pm »

I noticed that too, only by stumbling into it. Ever since Second Dream (or more specifically when I actually started paying any attention to the lore, which happened after I had already played that quest) this game has been one surprise after the other.
I won't say more because of massive spoilers.
I will say that it's not so much a quest as it is a teaser of sorts for what will likely be a huge quest coming in the future.

In other news, I finally stopped going for quests or bounties or acolytes or leveling specific weapons or whatever and simply just dropped into the PoE without any quests active. Ran around for... I'd say maybe an hour or two, just fishing and mining and occasionally doing one of the incursions. I can understand why they front-loaded this stuff for newer players despite making you wait so long for Second Dream, it's liberating being able to go do your own thing without having to complete a specific objective, and good for when you get burned out doing the same missions again and again. I'll have to drop in again some other time, for now I still want that stuff from the event. Shame I completely skipped the first event.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: December 25, 2017, 10:38:11 pm »

There any clans you're part of that have open slots?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: December 25, 2017, 11:41:26 pm »

If you just need research, I've got pretty much everything except Biolab ('cause fuck grinding samples) unlocked on my solo Ghost clan.

3. Run Resize Enable

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: January 10, 2018, 10:33:08 pm »

Hey, I got back into this game again. Do we have a Bay12 clan?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: January 12, 2018, 10:17:17 am »

Baro Kiteer is back!
This week he brought 2 (terrible) wraith weapons, and 5 primed mods!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: January 12, 2018, 01:40:54 pm »

Vulkar Wraith isn't the worst thing, but since everyone who used that promo code got a free vectis a couple months ago it doesn't really stand out either.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: January 12, 2018, 07:49:30 pm »

I want to like the PoE content, but in truth it just feels like the bastard child of DE's traditional mission design and sorties, set in an open world backdrop. (Which is cool and different and refreshing for WF but it can't carry everything itself.) I started? to get interested in the PoE, before I started doing missions and realized that the vast majority of it is a faction grind via a fishing, mining and Radiate farming grind. It's much speedier once you get the Archwing lander segement but eh......between sorties and void fissure farming, I don't have much inclination to spend my time on the plains versus doing those other activities. The set mods are somewhat enticing, but having them earned essentially via the sortie system kills my enthusiasm for grinding for them. Just like it did for the big ticket items in sorties.

I really wish they'd start adding more interesting scripting to their garden variety rando-generated missions. I felt like were starting to get there, with invasions, reactor breaches, stalker and faction attacks, all that cool dynamic stuff. But they've since seemed to have moved away from that kind of thinking.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 09:15:18 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: January 12, 2018, 08:32:15 pm »

There's two main problems with PoE as I see it. Normally you'd have the open overworld with players entering instanced missions/areas directly from it. In PoE it's a separate side area with multiple load screens between it and normal missions. Moreover, the economy is totally disconnected from the rest of the game-time spent in PoE is essentially zero progression for the larger game, and almost everything you get within it is tied to the whole Operator + Focus mechanic, which is already divisive and boring.

Basically once you get the few good mods and the novelty wears off there's no real reason to ever go there unless you want to be a masochist and grind out all the top gear for your Operator which you'll almost never use outside of PoE.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 133