Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 234290 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1380 on: July 09, 2018, 06:09:30 pm »

Oh I missed that. Nyx Prime is the only non-recent warframe I'm missing right now (aside from excal prime obviously), so it'll be good to finally finish that off.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: July 10, 2018, 06:47:45 pm »

The factory I work at printed some waterless tattoos of the Lotus, I'm guessing it's for the convention. I might go see if there's leftovers on Monday.

As promised. I couldn't find any at work, but I did check my drawers at home, and found I already took some about two-to-three weeks ago.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I got some leftover Dragon Quest ones somewhere around here as well. Edit: nope, can't find those ones.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 10:59:10 pm by BlackFlyme »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: July 12, 2018, 01:28:12 am »

So I joined a random clan, and the next thing I know I'm carefully arranging bamboo fountains in a Japanese garden. Help.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: July 12, 2018, 01:48:45 am »

So I joined a random clan, and the next thing I know I'm carefully arranging bamboo fountains in a Japanese garden. Help.

Don't you mean a Tenno garden?

Anyway, I finally finished Chains of Harrow (which is one of the worst quests in the game IMHO), and I am about half done with The Sacrifice. I still have the other terrible quest (The Glast Gambit) left to do as well.

Chains of Harrow sucks because it tries to be scary (I hate scary), but if you mute the audio the "scary" goes away and it just becomes annoying. Glast Gambit starts kinda cool, but it quickly becomes a long punishing slog of Index missions, where losing costs you 3-4x what a lost Index mission normally would cost.

Anyway, last night I crafted a 111 amp, just so I wouldn't have to use that horrid starting amp anymore. I have never been so grateful for a piece of equipment, as it made the final battle of Chains of Harrow and most of The Sacrifice much easier than they would have been. Comparing how it went to, say, Octavia's Anthem, and the difference in difficulty is huge. In Octavia's Anthem killing even two sentients was a massive pain with a great deal of time wasted waiting for my amp to recharge, now power is not a problem and damage is much better.

I kinda wish I had saved for a 212 instead, but this one works and was possible to build several days (possibly around a week) before I could have made a 212.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: July 12, 2018, 04:58:18 am »

I don’t really recall Harrow being difficult per se. The only reason I struggled was because
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 07:11:33 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: July 12, 2018, 06:45:15 am »

Any amp is better than the mote amp. A 1-1-1 is a good start, though.

I farmed Cetus and Quills rep for 2 weeks just to be able to make a 2-1-2 my first amp. Got most of the parts for a 3-2-3 amp, just need Cetus Wisps. Been lazy and haven't bothered. I don't get to Cetus often enough when it's night to catch fish or hunt eidolons so the amp I have is good enough for now.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: July 12, 2018, 07:45:25 am »

Any amp is better than the mote amp. A 1-1-1 is a good start, though.

I farmed Cetus and Quills rep for 2 weeks just to be able to make a 2-1-2 my first amp. Got most of the parts for a 3-2-3 amp, just need Cetus Wisps. Been lazy and haven't bothered. I don't get to Cetus often enough when it's night to catch fish or hunt eidolons so the amp I have is good enough for now.
3-2-3 is good outside of Eidolon hunts too. The alt-fire is an AoE blast that is pretty good against regular enemies. Great if you are farming Hydron with trash weapons and a Nox shows up.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: July 12, 2018, 08:40:09 am »

I don’t really recall Harrow being difficult per se.

I never said it was difficult, just annoying. Invulnerable enemies that attack you constantly while you do something? That is just obnoxious.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: July 12, 2018, 03:24:39 pm »

I don't use operator enough to justify making a new amp though. I ended up cheesing that one fight in The Sacrifice pretty hard so I did it just fine using the default amp.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: July 13, 2018, 12:44:38 am »

Ok so here's a stupid question I feel better asking here than in warframe itself.  It just seems that people in-game consider it so obvious I never got a straight answer from region chat despite asking twice on two separate occasions.  What the hell does the 2-1-2 and 1-1-1 mean?  That combined with people saying certain builds suck while others don't confuses me to no end.

I'm guessing the numbers designate different amp parts, but not only do I not see any numbers in their names that would indicate to me which is which, I don't see any extreme stat differences between the parts that would indicate that one would be any better than another.

My current amp is a Raplak Prism, Pencha Scaffold and Clapkra Brace, btw.  Since I don't know how the numbers work I don't know if it's terrible or not :P
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: July 13, 2018, 12:47:10 am »

1 2 or 3 is what order they are in in the shop, or what order you unlock them from standing or whatever.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: July 13, 2018, 12:51:42 am »

Oh of course, I had not thought to look at the numbers in regards to the order they are in the shop.  That actually makes a lot of sense now.  Thanks :)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: July 13, 2018, 11:24:52 am »

It's that, but it's probably a shorthand people use because the actual names themselves are...not exactly easy to memorize.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: July 13, 2018, 05:07:06 pm »

Yeah the numbering system for amps refers to the level of the parts. The 1 is the basic level, 2 middle and 3 the best, and I believe it goes scaffold-brace-prism. So instead of a raplak pencha juutni amp it's a 2-1-2 for example.

I probably got the numbers wrong, as I'm going by memory right now, but that gives you the gist of the code.

Certain combinations do suck, as they aren't as optimized as a 2-1-2 or 3-2-3. Those are the most powerful combinations, and most eidolon hunters use those. The others are... Less optimal.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: July 13, 2018, 08:49:41 pm »

So after comparing now that I know, the one I have is 1-1-1 I guess I should not be surprised. 

The one I was building towards just out of guesses from the descriptions in the shop of what sounded cool seems to be 2-1-3.  I'm guessing there are reasons the shotgun prism does not pair well with the crit brace, so I'll just change to 2-1-2 then, since I have all those blueprints already anyway.

Thanks for the info y'all :)
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 133