Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 234312 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1665 on: February 16, 2019, 02:18:31 am »

Joined the 30 minute event.  Didn't realize it was a high level event.  Enemies are all lvl +30 or something.

The whole time, I just collected loot and held block, skating through corridors of enemies.  My teammates hard carried me.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: February 16, 2019, 03:58:02 am »

Last I checked Mag was made good and now ember is the new trash tier waifu.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: February 16, 2019, 07:03:57 am »

Oh man, they butchered Ember so badly.

I mean she needed some adjustments, but they nerfed her into the ground. Her 2 ability is really the main reason to use her now, otherwise they made her ultimate a close ranged ability while keeping her defenses weak enough that a mid range shotgun blast would drop her fully modded in a hit in high level play.

Not to mention that 'overheat' mechanic is nothing like what the fans were clamoring for. Halve the range over 10 seconds to double the damage and energy cost? eeew.  Her level clearing was annoying, but was never really good for more then mid level play, with the exception of the knockdown augment. They should have just redesigned the ability from scratch, and a dev look at the Heat status effect would have been nice as well.

In comparison Nezha had a good rework IMO though, I like how that turned out. Nyx had some good positive changes, with her 2 and 4 getting some needed adjustments, though her Mind Control ability is still hampered by the terrible minion A.I., and Titania had some small, but rather nice adjustments. It is nice to actually be able to pick stuff up in Razorwing without smacking into walls repeatability trying to touch something just right.

Been using a ton of Chroma lately, got serious about taking on the Eidolons and I started using him to solo them. Doing my best rank up the arcane that gives the chance to ignore Toxic effects, which is generally my biggest bain in the arbitration alerts.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: February 16, 2019, 07:34:56 am »

Ember was nerfed because she was too good at ruining low level content for people who actually wanted to play the game. Also, she was good for AFK farming, and anything that can be used to AFK a mission will be nuked from orbit by DE for good reason.

Ember basically needs to be redesigned.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: February 16, 2019, 11:02:27 am »

Ditch Mag. It is super squishy and it takes a lot of experience to play properly. And even then it is not that great.
Just assemble a Rhino. Best warframe to learn the ropes with.

Also make sure you employ the right wf and weapon mods and upgrade them to max where possible. I've noticed that this is not obvious to new players although it is absolutely essential.
Rhino is a crutch, because you never learn how to jump shockwaves or avoid damage.

Mind you, I'm not saying to stick with Mag, because while Mag is not trash, despite the meme, she is still hard to use and requires some hard-to-get mods. Get Frost on Ceres if you can. Or Excalibur on Mars.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 11:05:18 am by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: February 16, 2019, 12:00:02 pm »

I’ve probably asked this at least a few times before, but how can I get weapon and warframe slots without spending money?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1671 on: February 16, 2019, 12:28:06 pm »

1.Farm prime items
2.Sell prime items
3.??????
4.Profit !

Also it's official, I can solo the teralyst

Edit : Anyone saying Rhino is bad ain't a true player. Rhino is endgame mvp by very, very far. My own stable is something like :
1. Rhino for pretty much anything as no warframe can compete in his sheer WMD brute power
2. Necros Prime for framing and when I'm too lazy to move my mouse
3. Ash prime for sneaky sneaky missions
4. Escalibur Umbra with antiarmor weaponry for the teralyst

And I'm forever stuck at MR14 because there is litterally no point in any other gear
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 12:34:21 pm by Cathar »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: February 16, 2019, 12:32:21 pm »

Not just prime items. Some mods sell for a lot when maxxed out. A max-ranked Blood Rush (you can get it from Lua Spy) goes for at least 80 plat.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: February 16, 2019, 01:49:22 pm »

Edit : Anyone saying Rhino is bad ain't a true player. Rhino is endgame mvp by very, very far.

I think it was less saying Rhino is bad and more that he teaches bad habits. Unless your future armory is just going to be Nezha, Rhino and Inaros, you probably don't want to get too used to being invincible and CC immune early on. I also think Rhino is so powerful during the starchart that he ruins what little challenge the game has to offer, but that's just my personal take. Other than that he's definitely really good, but I think most people are better off with Inaros once you start hitting sorties. No setup, no enemies or mission modifiers that can shut you down, and a better stun. Rhino is incredible in Arbitration, though.

Anyway, here's what I've found to be "the best" for common activities:

-Inaros or Rhino for anything with challenging damage.
-Rhino for Index.
-Ivara for Spy.
-Nezha for anything that can be sped up by running faster (especially Capture and Rescue).
-Titania any damage-gated bosses (especially Lephantis).
-Zephyr or Titania for Vallis/Plains freeroam and bounties.
-Nekros for farming drops and Kuva.
-Banshee for low-level Defense and Exterminate.
-Gara for high level Defense.
-Gara or Limbo for Mobile Defense.
-Nova or Limbo for Interception.
-Saryn for Sanctuary Onslaught.
-Trinity for Defection.

There's definitely some less common activities (very long survivals, eidelons, orb spiders, etc) with their own best frames and there's nothing wrong with using any frame for any job, the above is just a safe bet.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 01:51:50 pm by Rex_Nex »

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: February 16, 2019, 01:52:29 pm »

A lot of mods are perfectly viable without the last one or two upgrades. Especially early on when you don't have forma's available to unlock full mod capacity.
True! But when I first started playing I didn't even use mods much for a while. Wish someone explained me how upgrading a damage mod was basically better than getting a better weapon back then.
Hating on mag is a meme
Hey, I absolutely dig Mag. My point is that she is squishy and pretty specialized thus not a very good frame for a new player.
Rhino is a crutch, because you never learn how to jump shockwaves or avoid damage.

Mind you, I'm not saying to stick with Mag, because while Mag is not trash, despite the meme, she is still hard to use and requires some hard-to-get mods. Get Frost on Ceres if you can. Or Excalibur on Mars.
I like Rhino because he is tough and actually versatile. You can learn to avoid damage in tough missions without getting revived by team mates every tweny seconds.
I do think Excalibur is an extremely satisfying frame so I will second that. But Frost? He's good in defensive missions but is he fun to play overall? I don't think so, too slow and bland.
I’ve probably asked this at least a few times before, but how can I get weapon and warframe slots without spending money?
There are two relaible ways to earn plat for new-ish players.
1. Rivens! Do sorties every day. Collect riven mods. Sell them for plat. Don't unveil them.
pistol rivens go for 25pl, melee and rifle maybe 35-40pl, shotgun at least 80pl.
2. Relics! Farm relics, run fissure missions. Sell the good stuff on warframe market.
Exchange relic trash for ducats and buy good mods from Baro. Sell them for plat later.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 01:55:52 pm by wereboar »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: February 16, 2019, 02:23:01 pm »

So far... The only ability I use for Mag is her pull. 
The rest just seem to be energy hogs when the enemy are not guaranteed to drop blue balls and they can just keep on endlessly spawning.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: February 16, 2019, 04:10:35 pm »

collecting and completing ayatan statues also fetches a pretty plat.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: February 16, 2019, 04:44:06 pm »

Hating on mag is a meme
Hey, I absolutely dig Mag. My point is that she is squishy and pretty specialized thus not a very good frame for a new player.

Mag is only squishy if you're doing her wrong...which a new player absolutely might. Once you mod for max shields and know to use her ulti for overshields as needed, she is one of the more survivable frames in the game. And of course mind the toxin damage when fighting Infested, at least until you can acquire an immunity to it with arcanes.

As for calling her specialized, this was largely addressed in her rework. Polarize is now effective against both shields and armor. Magnetise is only effective against projectiles, but that covers a pretty large chunk of the available content. Pull is only effective against trash that can be ragdolled, but again that's a pretty large chunk of what you do in this game. I consider Mag entirely viable in most missions.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1678 on: February 16, 2019, 06:19:17 pm »

I think it was less saying Rhino is bad and more that he teaches bad habits. Unless your future armory is just going to be Nezha, Rhino and Inaros, you probably don't want to get too used to being invincible and CC immune early on. [...] No setup, no enemies or mission modifiers that can shut you down, and a better stun. Rhino is incredible in Arbitration, though.

I'll be honnest, I never use the stun. Nor do I use the roar (unless asked to by teammates). I use Rhino for his 2 and only for his 2. This is just incredible and pretty much unmatched by any other warframe. Valkyr has a nice invincibility ultimate, but it's an ultimate, it's time limited, and it sticks her with a notabily bad exalted weapon (in terms of range, which is incredibly important in endgame melee).

Rhino is just immune to damage if used well. He lacks good offensive abilities, and his support is just a flat increase in damage, none of them being exactly good. But paired with a good riven enhanced zaw spear and a headshot-crit sniper rifle for heavy game, I have yet to meet any challenge I cannot overcome with him that is not specifically made against this kind of build. I could solo the tera with him if it wasn't time limited for instance, it's just night impossible without ripping the monster out of its armor which forces me to switch frame.

Rhino rolls over the endgame like it's not a thing. Arbitrations or Simaris simulation do not pose any challenge to me at this point.

But really my post is to say ; just because Rhino is framed (haha) as a begginer warframe doesn't means he's not good for endgame. You can get a rhino early on, with the certitude it will still be usable for 1000 odd hours of gameplay

There's definitely some less common activities (very long survivals, eidelons, orb spiders, etc) with their own best frames and there's nothing wrong with using any frame for any job

Word

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: February 16, 2019, 07:12:02 pm »

Mag is only squishy if you're doing her wrong...which a new player absolutely might.
Which was my point.
As for calling her specialized, this was largely addressed in her rework. Polarize is now effective against both shields and armor.
O_O I missed that change. Nice!
I'll be honnest, I never use the stun. Nor do I use the roar (unless asked to by teammates). I use Rhino for his 2 and only for his 2.
He lacks good offensive abilities, and his support is just a flat increase in damage, none of them being exactly good.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 133