Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 234320 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1710 on: February 18, 2019, 08:40:29 pm »

Seriously?  This game dropped a buncha lvl 35 enemies on top of me. In a lvl 10-15 map.
At the very least, drop level appropriate enemies.  Some players are actually newbie geared.

(Syndicate stuff.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: February 19, 2019, 06:00:24 am »

Just tumble along. You don't have to kill every enemy on the map. Well, unless its a defence mission.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: February 19, 2019, 06:16:20 am »

And even if you do need to kill it, level 35 isn't that high: sustained headshots from any weapon, even unmodded, will kill them in reasonable (if inefficient) time, as long as the primary damage type is right (piercing for Grineer, impact for Corpus, slash for infested). Get behind cover if you can't take their hits and you'll be fine.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: February 19, 2019, 10:44:33 am »

Meh, is those flying things, kinda hard to melee and they tend to group up and focus fire, unlike other types. 
I was leveling some random gear, so damage output is plink plink plink.  It was a capture the control points map.

Made some random I was with quit.  So I quit out too.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 10:48:01 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: February 19, 2019, 12:17:14 pm »

Wait, did the screen flash black with some ghost noises beforehand? If so, that might have been a syndicate death squad. They're just a thing that happens, a bunch of high-level enemies that start appearing once you, or someone else in your cell, has angered a syndicate. They work just like the other assassins, but only the one they're after gets the voicelines, annoyingly.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: February 19, 2019, 01:01:38 pm »

If that is a death squad, they absolutely focus fire. They're only after the person who has pissed off the syndicate. I forget if they're hostile automatically to all players or only after they get shot by the non target.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: February 19, 2019, 01:59:29 pm »

If that is a death squad, they absolutely focus fire. They're only after the person who has pissed off the syndicate. I forget if they're hostile automatically to all players or only after they get shot by the non target.
They're hostile to everyone.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: February 19, 2019, 03:52:07 pm »

*pile of infected ancient healers intensify*
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1718 on: February 20, 2019, 06:52:13 am »

mfw forum trolling actually reminds me that true type damages are a thing

If I farm more combos I'm sure I can take it to seven digits

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: February 22, 2019, 03:10:34 pm »

Info up on Nightwaves, the system replacing alerts.

Will be adding things like daily/weekly challenges over seasonal stories. Standing earned in the season is similar to factions in that it can be exchanged for rewards. This should make it easier for people to pick up specific mods and other items they are looking for. (I remember building the original Vauban back in the day. You were lucky if you caught any of his parts available when they might only appear for a few hours in a month).

Interesting tidbits.
Addition of Inventory Slots to reward system (!)
Nitain Extracts will come in bundles of 5 (!)
Formas from rewards will now be built.

Also some new details on the Melee System Changes.
Interrupted combo's will be resumable.
Better ground slams.
Spiffy new melee fx.
Blocking is now automatic against enemies you are facing.
Channelling shall continue to exist, but be bound to alt-fire in melee mode.
Melee mode is an optional toggle for those who want to continue to use it.
Melee changes being introduced in phases, no longer planned on a by weapon basis.

Nightwave's sound like a straight up improvement, and its about time that melee got some additional love.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: February 22, 2019, 03:46:14 pm »

They're hostile to everyone.
The one that sends the flying bots are pretty nasty.  Definition of bullet sponge.  I spent a whole game just being chased around by them and whittling them down as my one other teammate screwed around with the objectives.  (drill extraction)

Compared to the ball rolling one, those things at least die within a reasonable time frame.

/consistently joins lvl +25 games or 'nightmare' games to be carried by other players for the loot

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: February 23, 2019, 07:51:59 pm »

Will be adding things like daily/weekly challenges over seasonal stories. Standing earned in the season is similar to factions in that it can be exchanged for rewards. This should make it easier for people to pick up specific mods and other items they are looking for. (I remember building the original Vauban back in the day. You were lucky if you caught any of his parts available when they might only appear for a few hours in a month).

Wow, that's three moderate-to-major annoyances out of the equation.

Inb4 they introduce a new Hema grind which requires 10k Nitain at Ghost resource costs.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: February 23, 2019, 09:39:40 pm »

Wow, that's three moderate-to-major annoyances out of the equation.

Inb4 they introduce a new Hema grind which requires 10k Nitain at Ghost resource costs.

Shhhh. Don't mention such things!

Last time I got myself to purchase a gun with plat, because screw that.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: February 28, 2019, 05:58:12 pm »

So, the new alert system, Nightwave is out. It's pretty neat. It also added a new Stalker-like Miniboss, the Wolf of Saturn Six... who I've yet had to attack me, but I hear is a huge bullet sponge (no invicibility phases though, thankfuly).

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: February 28, 2019, 09:11:24 pm »

Ohhh. Legendary Core! I got one once, piles of plat... Those things sell for *at least* 300p At the time that was a huge amount for me, all the slots I could use for months.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 133