Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 239150 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1755 on: March 05, 2019, 01:39:59 am »

Nope, just like it never tells you how Gara can combine her 1, 2, and 4 into the Ultimate Combo of Infinite Damage. If you think I'm joking about the "infinite" part, I'm not. There is a 2 billion DPS cap, but...

Pretty much every warframe that has synergy in their ability kit doesn't have that synergy explained in game.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: March 05, 2019, 04:44:39 am »

That's a Frost bubble, probably with pure black energy color like I use.
He said there's an ambient sound when you stand inside it. Frost bubble doesn't have it, Limbo's does.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: March 05, 2019, 11:25:51 am »

Actually, Frost's bubble does have sound.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: March 05, 2019, 06:26:36 pm »

That's a Frost bubble, probably with pure black energy color like I use.
He said there's an ambient sound when you stand inside it. Frost bubble doesn't have it, Limbo's does.
Yes it does. I should damn well know, considering how much time I used to spend inside the things. There's a "rushing wind and snow" blizzard-y sound in the background while you're inside one.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: March 05, 2019, 08:58:08 pm »

The last Devstream said that they will be adding a detailed preview button to every warframe ability. I suppose we will see how detailed they get.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: March 06, 2019, 09:01:39 am »

They did share a screenshot of the mods window showing how your abilities are effected.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: March 08, 2019, 04:46:08 am »

Major update just dropped, together with a new event.

There are two parts to this one:

The first is a 14 day event to seal fissures with the reward being a Opticor Vandal for 100 fissures sealed. Due to bonuses you only actually need 58 fissures sealed, assuming you do a full set of 4 with each coolant canister. If you do one set of 4 every day you won't quite finish in time, but if you do 2 sets for a few days you should finish without issues. I was a able to do a set of four fissures (seven points) in about 20m solo with Gara or Frost.

The second part is scanning a bunch of items and unlocking a door. The door won't open until enough people do the scans, and once it is open it will somehow lead to another orb fight that drops the parts for Hildyrn, as well as several other valuable items. Here is a map of all the items that need to be scanned.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: March 08, 2019, 06:45:11 am »

I think Nightwave might've killed Warframe for me.

It's just... busywork. Busywork operating on Fear Of Missing Out, because if you do not do every single damn challenge you might as well kiss goodbye to the higher rewards. And then there's the Wolf himself. Who supposedly pops up as a boss. I say supposedly because I've never seen him.

And now Hildrin is locked behind Vox Solaris' max rank... who is locked behind Solaris United max rank.

I guess I'm just tired of the game and the whole Live Service business.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: March 08, 2019, 09:48:22 am »

Quick question- how do I get the parts needed to construct the cipher used to stop the Formorian fleet?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: March 08, 2019, 12:10:12 pm »

if you do not do every single damn challenge you might as well kiss goodbye to the higher rewards.

You only need to do like 60% of them. IIRC, you can miss like 13k points a week and still top out.

And then there's the Wolf himself. Who supposedly pops up as a boss. I say supposedly because I've never seen him.

DE has said multiple time he will become more common as the event goes one, supposedly by the end he will be showing up more often than not.

In any case, most of the challenges boil down to "just play the game", so unless you expect to get everything without logging in?

Quick question- how do I get the parts needed to construct the cipher used to stop the Formorian fleet?

Do any mission on the planet being attacked. Enemies there will drop the parts. See the wiki for exact details.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: March 08, 2019, 01:00:56 pm »

if you do not do every single damn challenge you might as well kiss goodbye to the higher rewards.

You only need to do like 60% of them. IIRC, you can miss like 13k points a week and still top out.

And then there's the Wolf himself. Who supposedly pops up as a boss. I say supposedly because I've never seen him.

DE has said multiple time he will become more common as the event goes one, supposedly by the end he will be showing up more often than not.

In any case, most of the challenges boil down to "just play the game", so unless you expect to get everything without logging in?
Mostly that I sometimes can't login for a while, resulting in me potentially missing out on stuff, making me frustrated. I'd rather play at my own pace than be forced to play at the pace DE wants me to.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: March 08, 2019, 02:23:25 pm »

So. New melee system as part of a number of changes to melee, which includes:

No more holding F to switch to melee. As soon as you hit the melee attack button, you'll not only perform a melee attack, but also have your melee weapons equipped and at the ready! At least until you press the aim or fire button, which will switch you back to whatever weapon you were holding previously.

Speaking of which, channeling now uses the alt-fire button (Middle Mouse Button by default on PC). Not sure if that changes anything major, it's just a button movement to allow the changes in how melee combat works.

You can now interrupt a melee combo with most forms of movement, and, if you resume attacking quick enough, you can keep your combo going! This may or may not make it past Phase 1.

Ground slams can now be aimed. Rather than going straight down, you can now slam towards your crosshairs - which lets you use air attacks more easily.

Blocking is now automatic, apparently.

So, what do you think of the changes?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: March 08, 2019, 03:06:55 pm »

How to channel?

As a casual scrub, the changes seem to be fine.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: March 08, 2019, 04:39:30 pm »

Took about three or four hours but I got the Opticor Vandal. It is... interesting. Only 40% of the damage of the base one, but charge time is 0.6 instead of 2 seconds, 10% more status chance, 4% more crit, 0.1x more crit damage, slightly faster reload and a magazine of 8 instead of 5. Only got a few ranks with it, but I look forward to seeing what I can do with mods to it.

Also, Void Trader has
(New) Prisma Grinlok
Prisma Obex
Prisma Dual Cleaver

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: March 08, 2019, 09:50:33 pm »

How to channel?

As a casual scrub, the changes seem to be fine.

On PC, mouse 3 toggles channeling.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 133