Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 235492 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1785 on: March 10, 2019, 04:54:48 pm »

They didn't even need to remove quick melee to implement this system, but they did anyways.
I suppose the alternative to "immediately enter the full melee mode" would be "quick melee attack, and then enter full melee mode"?

In any case, this is just the first phase of melee changes, so maybe wait to see the entirety of the changes before you analyze how and why they're totally fucked. For all I know, the devs might drop two or three of these changes before the month is out (though I dunno how likely that actually is).
Nah, just not remove quick melee. You can bind quick melee to one button and full melee to another. Quick melee does exactly what it did before: queue a single fast melee attack and automatically swap back to your active primary/secondary at the end of the animation. Full melee does what it does after the update.

That way you can launch a quick hit without slowing down and rapidly switch between gunplay and full melee combo attacks. Best of both worlds. Increased granularity of control is a good thing for players.

This current system is for melee what forcing people to complete a reload once it starts would be for guns: wonky, annoying, and occasionally disruptive enough to get you in trouble.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1786 on: March 10, 2019, 09:40:58 pm »

Not gonna lie, I'm very, very afraid of DE's good ideas concerning melee. If they were to just not touch it ever and revert to the time when right clicking would not switch back to ranged weapon, I'd not mind at all.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: March 10, 2019, 10:07:03 pm »

help clem
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: March 10, 2019, 10:18:29 pm »

I saw the Wolf for the first time today, and it was when I was doing Clem's mission. I only got him down to about half health. He just kept knocking Clem down in a few hits, and I kept getting distracted trying to get Clem back up so he wouldn't bleed out and fail my mission.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: March 11, 2019, 12:32:25 pm »

Wolf is the bobiest of sponges.

I've heard radiation is the best versus him, but good luck taking radiation everywhere.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: March 11, 2019, 05:13:34 pm »

He's honestly a chump. I just spun around him in circles with Volt 2 + Guandao until he eventually died.

3. Run Resize Enable

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: March 11, 2019, 08:03:56 pm »

He's honestly a chump. I just spun around him in circles with Volt 2 + Guandao until he eventually died.

He's not hard per se, just that he has a million and one health and a laundry list of immunities for no apparent reason.  Guess they didn't what him to poof in and instantly fucking die like stalker does these days.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: March 11, 2019, 09:09:50 pm »

Now now stalker does not instantly die.

He's invincible for like 3 seconds.  Just enough time for every Hek, Corinth, Tigris, Exergis, Arca Plasmor, Vectis, Rubico, Opticor, Velocitus, Daikyu and Glaive in a 4 mile radius to line up a shot on him.:P
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 09:21:19 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: March 11, 2019, 10:49:52 pm »

Better yet, you can still load him down with slash procs during his invincibility phase, so he basically explodes when he becomes vulnerable.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: March 14, 2019, 08:14:04 pm »

New orb mother is out, and it is a blast!

First time though I soloed it in 54m, second time was with a group and we did it in 22m. Solo is... Time consuming. It isn't hard, it just takes a while.

First time I took Inaros, Rubico Prime, and a Catchmoon. The plan was to poke around a bit and take a look at deck 12. The boss fight was not really planned, but I had prepared a bit just in case I got stuck in it anyway.

Second time I took a Tomb Finger instead of the Catchmoon, since that was better for the longer ranges.

Build matters little as long as you are a bit tanky and can kill coolant spooders.

The fight goes like this:
1) Head to Deck 12, and go to the balcony in the far left corner of the main room, use the machine.
2) Shoot the rocks under the spooder's feet, then shoot the weak point in her side.
3) Grab canisters and throw them at the remaining weak points, then shoot them once you get the ice off. Focus on one at a time.
4) Run outside.
5) Shoot the little spooders before they cool off mommy. When she opens fractures you can put the canisters the coolant spooders drop into the fractures to get thermia canisters that you throw at mommy to make her heat faster.
6) When she overheats, jump onto her to get a cutscene of you ripping a bit off her. Shoot where the bit was.
7) Goto 5 until dead.

In the last phase she cools herself off periodically (you need to throw thermia to overheat her), but each cycle she heats faster/more so even if you suck you will get it sooner or later. When she dies, there is big boom so grab your loot and run.

EDIT: You only need one Dilute Thermia to start the fight. That is, one for the whole squad. This means that if you run 4 fractures with a squad of 4, you get the stuff needed to fight the boss 8 times (since there is a booster in effect right now, without the booster it is 4 times).

EDIT 2: A short video with the highlights of the fight.

EDIT 3: Stream excerpt of the whole fight with a lot more detail and better strats.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 11:02:17 am by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: March 16, 2019, 06:12:08 pm »

So, there is a catalyst/forma invasion going on right now. It looks they are pretty common, at least one per week.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: March 17, 2019, 05:16:37 pm »

Thermia/Exploiter got extended because of the matchmaking bug.

For those not yet aware, in addition to the new frame and footstep-trail cosmetics, the Exploiter Orb also drops dozens of OV gem/fish resources. That, and you can insta-clear the first phase when she drops with Nova's 2, since it breaks all the vents at once.

3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: March 18, 2019, 09:14:26 pm »

Yep, the Nova bypass was patched out today. Not really surprised, but it's a shame that the immediate response to "A frame almost never used for boss fights has a niche application in one?" is "BETTER REMOVE IT!"

On another note, popped this from today's sortie. Christ.

I already loved the good ol' oneshot Dread build, and this is pretty much perfect for it in terms of stats (though not stat values, but I'm not about to complain there as they're not awful either).

3. Run Resize Enable

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: March 19, 2019, 06:13:03 am »

That's a great malus for a Dread riven though.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: March 20, 2019, 02:54:39 am »

I'm not a big fan of multishot on bows. The extra damage is nice when both arrows land, but it really hurts long range accuracy if I can't tell where the arrow/s will land, especially when I already have to account for drop.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 133