Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 234249 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1800 on: March 20, 2019, 05:26:01 am »

I'm not a big fan of multishot on bows. The extra damage is nice when both arrows land, but it really hurts long range accuracy if I can't tell where the arrow/s will land, especially when I already have to account for drop.
Multishot is mandatory for the oneshot Dread built. It's oriented around fishing for a simultaneous slash + viral proc on the same headshot; that Riven pushes it up to a guaranteed two arrows and >60% chance of three, which makes it much more reliable.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: April 18, 2019, 04:14:35 pm »

Holiday themed cosmetics are available in the market for a limited time only!

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: April 22, 2019, 04:14:54 am »

So it is "1hr Kuva with friends" again. What is the current meta dream-team for that? Nekros, Gara - definitely. Khora/Hydroid with a pilfering augment possibly? And as a final touch may be Disarm Loki for a complete snoozefest?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: April 22, 2019, 12:53:58 pm »

I would go Nekros, Oberon, Frost/Gara, and something DPSy. Probably Mesa, Khora (with whip build not looter), Rhino... Any good DPS or support that can kill stuff.

Hydroid is a bad idea, he is too slow and is CC that doesn't pull enemies in. In short he makes you kill slower. Loot Khora would work, but TBH you don't need more than Nekros to keep air topped up if you kill fast enough. Therefore, you only need Nekros for air.

Oberon makes it easier to stay alive. Not strictly needed, but very nice anyways.

As for Frost vs Gara, it depends on what you like. If you have a Mesa, Frost is the one to pick IMHO since everyone can "chill" inside the bubble and let Mesa do murder.

For the last slot, someone that fills a gap is a good pick. For Nekros/Oberon/Frost, Mesa is great. If you replace Frost with a Gara, someone more supportish may be nice (assuming Gara is DPSing in addition to protecting). Alternatively a second DPS can compliment Gara well.

DO NOT TAKE LIMBO! He seems like the perfect protector, just hide in the bubble and Mesa everything, but currently he is bugged and turns aura mods off. You will want a full set of Corrosive Projection, as it makes everything much easier. To keep your air up you need to keep killing quickly. Armor makes you kill slower.

So, personal team for me would be Nekros/Frost/Oberon/Mesa Nekros makes air, Frost keeps bullets away, Oberon makes it so you don't have to pay attention, and Mesa murders everything.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: April 22, 2019, 01:22:33 pm »

I'm sick of even thinking about the damn nightwave
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: April 30, 2019, 04:34:42 pm »

Razorback is up! Chance to earn a tasty blue potato~

In other news, I recently unlocked Garuda and kinda love her. She has high armor, distance-closing abilities, and lifesteals that allow her to play as a very effective Shadowknight. Alternatively one can go full Ability Power and roleplay a Bloodmage, bleeding entire maps of enemies to death, then sacrificing her own health to restore mana and nuke everything again twice as hard! Muah hah hah hah!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: April 30, 2019, 08:06:10 pm »

She is AFAIK, the only viable energy tank. You put minimum health on her, and rely on lots of armor, Primed Flow, Quick Thinking, and Adaptation to stay alive. She is tanky AF that way, plus you get full effect from her passive at all times.

Basically at mission start you press 3, 3, 5, 5, 3, 3 and you have full energy, no health, and are good to go (I have Magus Elevate on my operator). With this setup her 2 is pretty worthless, since Elevate is faster and doesn't need "help" from an enemy. Without Elevate, her 2 can serve the same purpose, just slower.

The reason you don't want any health mods on, is so health orbs, Elevate, and other forms of healing are worth more energy. You will be at no health at all times anyway.

At first it can be a bit scary being at 2 health all the time, but you won't die unless you stand there like an idiot. All in all, a unique frame that is fun to play and has some good abilities.

EDIT: Some people say you should run health and Rage or Hunters Adrenaline, but IMHO that wastes one of her main strengths (her passive).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 08:08:36 pm by milo christiansen »
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: April 30, 2019, 09:16:31 pm »

Some good ideas there, thanks! I'll have to play around with her setup some more~

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: May 03, 2019, 03:01:33 pm »

Baro Ki'Teer is here!
Also, a 24h blue potato alert from the Lotus!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: May 10, 2019, 05:58:13 pm »

Wolf assassination missions are up for the next 3 days! Great opportunity to farm his amazing hammer, and probably the last opportunity for a while. Also you can get some Nitain and a cosmetic sigil on the first clears.

Wolf has a ton of health and armor, and is resistant to most elements, and immune to status. It's recommended to bring critical radiation weapons, and/or ways to strip armor without status procs. Valkyr with claws modded for radiation can easily facetank him in her invulnerable ulti. Short of that, you may want to bring someone with a ton of armor, or lifeleech setup because he hits hard.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: May 10, 2019, 07:34:55 pm »

Actually, the wolf was just nerfed before this alert. He can now be targeted by most abilities and is a lot weaker than he was. In particular Mesa can target him now, and he is effected by CC.

His little helpers are a bigger issue really, they hit like trucks. As long as you can stay upright he isn't too hard.

I use a general purpose Rhino build, with a heavy blade (slash/viral), and catchmoon (radiation). At mission start you put up iron skin, then use the 1-2 combo to get a much fatter iron skin off the first or second group of enemies. From there just mow down the little guys with the heavy blade. When you reach the boss room roar and then burn him down with the catchmoon.

Mesa also works very well, although if you aren't good with her you can die easy.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: May 11, 2019, 07:48:17 am »

I honestly haven't played in a long while, and I feel kind of bad about it. Warframe is a lovely game, but the power trip gameplay just got boring to me. Beating a mission doesn't make me feel like I accomplished anything, there's no real reward once you've gathered enough resources, and acquiring new weapons just becomes tedious after a while. That last bit in particular really bugged me - I managed to acquire just about every weapon but ended up giving up once I realized just how samey the 200-some weapons I tried actually were. If you've played with a single bow, shotgun, sniper, launcher, rifle, etc. you've basically played with all of them. Melee weapons in particular are really bad about this, there's a metric ton of them and they all feel exactly the same.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: May 11, 2019, 10:01:14 am »

I managed to acquire just about every weapon but ended up giving up once I realized just how samey the 200-some weapons I tried actually were. If you've played with a single bow, shotgun, sniper, launcher, rifle, etc. you've basically played with all of them. Melee weapons in particular are really bad about this, there's a metric ton of them and they all feel exactly the same.

If you mean that you press the button and stuff down range takes damage, then sure, the weapons are all the same. If you can't feel a difference between a Buzlok and a Panthera, then I'm not sure what DE needs to do.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: May 11, 2019, 12:02:19 pm »

Sure, but calling out the Buzlok is cherry picking one of Warframe's only real unique weapons. The Panthera just feels like a bolt gun, which admittedly is just a side effect of its unique trait (the hovering saw) being terrible. I mean, do weapons like the Cernos, Paris, Dread or Daikyu feel different? The Gorgon, Soma, and Supra? The Snipetron, Vulkar, and Rubico? The Tiberon, Sybaris, and Quartakk? The Magnus, Marelok, Lex, or Vasto? Not to mention the entire Prime/Prisma/Dex/Wraith variation system which just adds dozens of variations to weapons that already just stat tweaks of existing weapons.

I put 1k hours into Warframe and hit MR21 or something, so there's definitely magic there, but the game is heavily suffering from its lack of playstyle variety in both weapons and abilities. There's only really one way to play Warframe as it is, and no weapon or ability supports differing playstyles enough to be even remotely worth exploring.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: May 11, 2019, 01:10:37 pm »

Sure, but calling out the Buzlok is cherry picking one of Warframe's only real unique weapons. The Panthera just feels like a bolt gun, which admittedly is just a side effect of its unique trait (the hovering saw) being terrible. I mean, do weapons like the Cernos, Paris, Dread or Daikyu feel different? The Gorgon, Soma, and Supra? The Snipetron, Vulkar, and Rubico? The Tiberon, Sybaris, and Quartakk? The Magnus, Marelok, Lex, or Vasto? Not to mention the entire Prime/Prisma/Dex/Wraith variation system which just adds dozens of variations to weapons that already just stat tweaks of existing weapons.

I put 1k hours into Warframe and hit MR21 or something, so there's definitely magic there, but the game is heavily suffering from its lack of playstyle variety in both weapons and abilities. There's only really one way to play Warframe as it is, and no weapon or ability supports differing playstyles enough to be even remotely worth exploring.

Buzlok is hardly cherry picking. There are weapons which can chain damage between enemies, drop munitions that spam bullets, kill enemies through walls, anchor enemies in place, deploy area denial effects, tag enemies, and, for some reason, make enemies get gigantism.

The feel of the weapons is on a spectrum, and whilst the Soma and Supra may be on that range, there is no way you can tell me that you use a Soma in the same way that you do a Supra. If I use a soma, I'm dishing out crit headshots faster than Oprah Winfrey gives away cars. With a Supra, everybody gets stat procs, and not just the guy that I'm aiming at.

Dismissing stat variations as the same weapon is a mistake on your part.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 133